The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights

-Vintage Canuck-

Sedins coming back? I think so, Henrik;

"We can’t take anything for granted here. No one can. We know there’s going to be changes next year and guys have to show up and show they want to be here.”

Geez I hope Linden/Benning don't panic now and do some really stupid deal.

All it might take is a few bags on the heads and jersey's on the ice. That shouldn't be unexpected at some time and as much as some here think the posters and fans are too hard on this management group and team, it took Montreal fans half a season to get there and they are seeing "work" being done, out here in lala land 4 years before some discontent from fans, posters and media and they are labeled "not patient".

Once again I post "size matters", I have been posting that for 3 years now. As much as there are some Leipsic cheerleaders, he is NOT NHL calibre. IMO Goldy does better with ice time. Man this favouritism shown by the coach would grind on me as a player Leipsic averages 18 minutes a night none of other young players are getting that, Goldy averages 11:45, Virtanen 11:45, only Horvat has averaged more ice time than him.

Oh well it is only one game.

8 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

"We can’t take anything for granted here. No one can. We know there’s going to be changes next year and guys have to show up and show they want to be here.”

All it might take is a few bags on the heads and jersey's on the ice. That shouldn't be unexpected at some time and as much as some here think the posters and fans are too hard on this management group and team, it took Montreal fans half a season to get there and they are seeing "work" being done, out here in lala land 4 years before some discontent from fans, posters and media and they are labeled "not patient".

Once again I post "size matters", I have been posting that for 3 years now. As much as there are some Leipsic cheerleaders, he is NOT NHL calibre. IMO Goldy does better with ice time. Man this favouritism shown by the coach would grind on me as a player Leipsic averages 18 minutes a night none of other young players are getting that, Goldy averages 11:45, Virtanen 11:45, only Horvat has averaged more ice time than him.

Are you encouraging jersey throwing or bag wearing?

16 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

knock it off with the jersey throwing, thats classless no matter what. 

the Sedins being back and/or what their role would be depends on two things, lotto luck (or lack of it) and what Jim can do in free agency. If we somehow get 1st oa and land a guy like Kane, and even another D then I can see management going in a different direction from the Sedins. But if we pick 5th or 6th and free agency is a dud then they are back.

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

If this is the last season of the Sedins, shouldn’t there be some sort of announcement so fans can say a proper goodbye to them during the last few home games? It would be odd to have no recognition and have them retire once the season is over.  

I think they will come back.  But almost undoubtedly that will be their last season.  Too many guys will be vying for spots.  We will know when management is ready to kick it up when they sign a decent UFA goalie like they did with Miller during the retool.  Demko won't do it alone, they will pair him up with a very good vet.

16 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I think Leipsic is getting a lot of opportunity because of his effort, speed and tenacity. That's the way the game is trending.  Size does matter as long as there's speed as well. EDM would probably love to somehow unload Lucic from their roster, for this reason. So what if the Sedins come back for a year. If they don't, Benning will probably have to bring in some veteran UFAs again anyway. The high end prospects may not be ready (yet) next season. No one to blame, the Canucks are drafting well, taking their time developing prospects, looking at the bigger picture. They are trying to build a winner, and you can't rush that (unless you get the 1st OA)

I think real Canucks fans are generally okay with the rebuild, accepting the losses, and excited for the new talent coming up. I'm okay waiting another 2-3 years (to draft well and develop) if that means we could possibly win a Cup down the road. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the Sedins being back and/or what their role would be depends on two things, lotto luck (or lack of it) and what Jim can do in free agency. If we somehow get 1st oa and land a guy like Kane, and even another D then I can see management going in a different direction from the Sedins. But if we pick 5th or 6th and free agency is a dud then they are back.

Agreed on the jersey tossing. I hope we can be better than that crap. I am so back and forth on the twins. If EP, Dahlen had played on small ice this year I would be more confident on their transition. Like it or not I don't think it makes sense to throw them into what will most likely be a real tough year. At the moment I lean towards the twins coming back. The two new Swedish prospects coming up to join the team at some point. Will take some juggling but can be done.

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

If this is the last season of the Sedins, shouldn’t there be some sort of announcement so fans can say a proper goodbye to them during the last few home games? It would be odd to have no recognition and have them retire once the season is over.  

It's a bit of an odd situation, with them saying they won't decide until after the season.  They aren't glory hounds so tributes and "last game" festivities and such likely don't matter to them, but signs seem to be pointing to the expectation that they do return... or at least that they may want to.

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I think they will come back.  But almost undoubtedly that will be their last season.  Too many guys will be vying for spots.  We will know when management is ready to kick it up when they sign a decent UFA goalie like they did with Miller during the retool.  Demko won't do it alone, they will pair him up with a very good vet.

Yes. I think JB armed with his extension can punt another year to the curb. We have to learn from the Oilers. We have some kids ready. But let's ease them into what will most likely be another tough year.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

It's a bit of an odd situation, with them saying they won't decide until after the season.  They aren't glory hounds so tributes and "last game" festivities and such likely don't matter to them, but signs seem to be pointing to the expectation that they do return... or at least that they may want to.

I think they're probably leaning towards coming back for one more year, but don't want to create a distraction for the team during the season. (pros)

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Agreed on the jersey tossing. I hope we can be better than that crap. I am so back and forth on the twins. If EP, Dahlen had played on small ice this year I would be more confident on their transition. Like it or not I don't think it makes sense to throw them into what will most likely be a real tough year. At the moment I lean towards the twins coming back. The two new Swedish prospects coming up to join the team at some point. Will take some juggling but can be done.

I wish Green would at least experiment with more shifts with the twins split up for the rest of the season. Henrik is still decent enough to be a fill in 2C until someone like EP or Gaudette are ready, but he needs two speedy line mates to cover his defensive liabilities. If it were any other two players we would have seen it by now. I'd be happy to see them back if they were put on separate lines 5 on 5 so we're not hamstrung with a line that never quite has the right RW partner since Burrows. 

37 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I miss the minus button. 

i love the sedins and what they have accomplished , but it is time to  retire.  seeing  other players trying to hang on to their careers and failing is sad.  go out the right way and be remembered for what you accomplished . don't hold this team hostage.

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

Without a formal announcement (added to a rumour I heard that they are re-signing) it kinda points to them coming back. Frankly I don't think anyone has the wherewithall to fire them. so I think they want a farewell year with all the accolades at every arena.  Which I guess is what's best.So ...w/e

34 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The bolded part is exactly what I'm thinking as part of their decision of whether to come back or not. 

10 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Yes Eichel is back for Buffalo, he has 10 shots in the 2 games he's been back for, had 1 assist, but could of had a few goals in either game, got shutout against RInne in the 2nd game but RInne is winning the Vezina so.

SO the Sabres should be hungry taking on the Yotes, which is what we need to be dead last.

But be careful what you wish for ladies and gentemen.

The team who finished last won the 1st place draft pick *under this lottery system only once in the last four years. 

As you have a 80 percent chance to not win it. (Buffalo lost out twice finishing dead last. And may a 3rd time if they don't get Dhalin and finish last again)

And there's the embarassment of finishing dead last. So yeah, be careful what ya wish for!

That's what I was thinking too, I would rather get lucky for a change and move up rather then finishing dead last and STILL losing out on #1. That would hurt more.

Archived