The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] What would it take to move from 5 to 1

I'm fully expecting we get the short end of the stick again and lose the lottery (5th oa) what would it take to move up. I really, really want Dahlin, but is he too good to trade for (McDavid)?

Baertschi

Hutton

Granlund

5th OA

Would that be enough? Maybe if a team like CHI wins it we could throw in Eriksson at 50%, I'm sure Dahlin would be worth the $3M we would be eating.

Would this be enough? What do you believe it would take?

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

I'm fully expecting we get the short end of the stick again and lose the lottery (5th oa) what would it take to move up. I really, really want Dahlin, but is he too good to trade for (McDavid)?

Baertschi

Hutton

Granlund

5th OA

Would that be enough? Maybe if a team like CHI wins it we could throw in Eriksson at 50%, I'm sure Dahlin would be worth the $3M we would be eating.

bFFJysJ.gif

4 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Baertschi

Hutton

Granlund

5th OA

Trash! See above!

17 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Baertschi

Hutton

Granlund

5th OA

Imagine our fan base if we gave up Dahlin for this........

16 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Baertschi

Hutton

Granlund

5th OA

5th OA
Petterson

Boeser 

1st 2019 (non protected) 

Juolevi 

Now we talking son. Its gonna take a highway robbery. 

The ask would START with Pettersson, and our 5th.  Expect to be asked for Horvat and/or Boeser as well.

Dmen like Dahlin just don't come around.  I want Dahlin on the Canucks more than anything but I wouldn't be willing to give up the package that would be asked in return for him.

Just LOL at even typing the names Granlund, Baertschi and Hutton in a trade proposal for Rasmus Dahlin.

12 minutes ago, Brovat said:

Baertschi, Granlund, and the 5th aren’t trash. When you start adding Hutton why not throw in the goalie tandem as well? 

LOL bear cheese is trash. Granlund is beyond trash. 5th overall is not trash tho. Hutton is awful and also beyond trash. Your gonna try to throw in Nillson OR markstrom? They both UTTER trash. So your offer.. 

Trash (Bear cheese) 

Absolute trash (Granlund)

Negative value trash (hutton) 

One crappy goalie (Nillson/Markstrom) 

One piece that is NOT trash (5th OA) 

for 

Franchise Defencemen (Dahlin) 

Crazy.... I'd be asking for the entire canucks team if i was an opposing GM. 

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

The ask would START with Pettersson, and our 5th.  Expect to be asked for Horvat and/or Boeser as well.

Dmen like Dahlin just don't come around.  I was Dahlin on the Canucks more than anything but I wouldn't be willing to give up the package that would be asked in return for him.

I agree. I see them asking 

Petterson + 5th + boeser + possibly our 1st rounder next yr non-protected. 

Dahlin is a franchise defencemen. Not sure if you can say hes the connor mcdavid of defence? 

Just now, DontMessMe said:

LOL bear cheese is trash. Granlund is beyond trash. 5th overall is not trash tho. Hutton is awful and also beyond trash. Your gonna try to throw in Nillson OR markstrom? They both UTTER trash. So your offer.. 

Trash (Bear cheese) 

Absolute trash (Granlund)

Negative value trash (hutton) 

One crappy goalie (Nillson/Markstrom) 

One piece that is NOT trash (5th OA) 

for 

Franchise Defencemen (Dahlin) 

Crazy.... I'd be asking for the entire canucks team if i was an opposing GM. 

Yeah that’s my point. Way to read the play. 

Archived