The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] What would it take to move from 5 to 1

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I agree. I see them asking 

Petterson + 5th + boeser + possibly our 1st rounder next yr non-protected. 

Dahlin is a franchise defencemen. Not sure if you can say hes the connor mcdavid of defence? 

It would be easier to get Karlsson. 

I dont see Bo, Brock, or Elias as available. 

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

It would take far more than we can give.

Let's say we had 1oa and Edm wanted it..-

Draisatl + Nurse and 1st?

Some Canucks fans might not even go for that, strictly because we've NEVER had a truly elite, #1D.

But from what I've been reading some say Boqvist may be better than Dahlin, so if he's remotely close should we really have to offer so much? Idk I just thought I'd float the question and see what others would think we would need to give up.

Just because Petterssonn and Boeser are our 2 best prospects I really don't think we would need to cough up any of those. I'd be willing to move Juolevi+5th or maybe even Horvat I'd be tempted since we have Gaudette coming up.

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

But from what I've been reading some say Boqvist may be better than Dahlin, so if he's remotely close should we really have to offer so much? Idk I just thought I'd float the question and see what others would think we would need to give up.

Just because Petterssonn and Boeser are our 2 best prospects I really don't think we would need to cough up any of those. I'd be willing to move Juolevi+5th or maybe even Horvat I'd be tempted since we have Gaudette coming up.

Answer the question.

If we got 1oa, what would you want for it?

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

I'm fully expecting we get the short end of the stick again and lose the lottery (5th oa) what would it take to move up. I really, really want Dahlin, but is he too good to trade for (McDavid)?

Baertschi

Hutton

Granlund

5th OA

Would that be enough? Maybe if a team like CHI wins it we could throw in Eriksson at 50%, I'm sure Dahlin would be worth the $3M we would be eating.

Would this be enough? What do you believe it would take?

Dalhin is being mentioned in the company of McDavid, he does skate like him too.... 

Boeser or Horvat or Petterson + 5OA + 2nd round is probaby minimum price. 

The GM will only move this year's first overall pick if he and his scouting staff believes Dahlin is not the best player in the draft. Maybe they see something other teams don't or are just flat out wrong. It's a very bold move to trade away the 1st overall pick. Perhaps, they think they can get their player at #2 or #3. Chances of this are slim, very slim. Maybe if the Islanders win. Snow always up for some weird stuff.

2 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

They'll want one of Pettersson or Boeser to start off with.

Silly trade like that won't work on a video game.

Hutton is already overpaid for what he is.....a healthy scratch on a last place team.

Granlund and Baertschi are okay.  But really nothing special.

Reverse it.  If we win the lottery, would we trade the number one pick for number 5, with a couple of average forwards, and an overpaid dman?

I think if we did, people would be very upset with Mr. Benning. 

dahlin is or maybe a future star but as far as being smart about building your team you need to use your brains..look at edmonton..the leafs are only good cause of bozak riley kadri and of corse mathews..need other moves to make it happen...i say go for who ever if its not dahlia oh well..he wont win the cup for the canucks you bullheads..its just one star guy and look at mcdcvid im thinking he may not work out in edmonton for a while now i think or he may get traded you never know...losing eberle and hall was wrong..players like nugget hopkins should have been traded and guys like lucic maroon bunch of other european players that never worked out...vancouver  needs hard working whl kids or ncaa players that have good hockey backgrounds from ushl or bchl..a mix of few free agents ncaa guys and whl players mixed with skill swedish and russsian players will win you the cup..

4 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

I'm fully expecting we get the short end of the stick again and lose the lottery (5th oa) what would it take to move up. I really, really want Dahlin, but is he too good to trade for (McDavid)?

Baertschi

Hutton

Granlund

5th OA

Would that be enough? Maybe if a team like CHI wins it we could throw in Eriksson at 50%, I'm sure Dahlin would be worth the $3M we would be eating.

Would this be enough? What do you believe it would take?

No that is not enough return for A potential cornerstone #1 D. I highly doubt this year or next years first will be moved by any team Whoever wins is not going to be one young player away from A cup and no elite team is going to trade away it players and take A step back. On a side note.  Getting annoyed at people assuming we are picking 5th or higher,  I think we're going to finish dead last and im anti-tanker.However, given the state, this team is in see us winning maybe 2 or 3 games max. If Buff beats the yotes today in overtime we are officially 31st. If that plays out for the last 9 games the worst we can pick is 4th. All these people say well if we finish dead last were still not going to win makes me laugh a bit. Sure we only have a 20% chance at first or a 48% chance at a top 3, but compared to every other team it is almost double the odds. So for our fans to just assume were going to lose really makes no sense since that would mean those people are saying teams with worse odds have a better chance. I think last year was a fluke, and even if we don't win first I don't see us losing out of the top 3. Throw in the fact we have beaten the odds 2 years in a row, I just don't see that again this year. Now being A total hypocrite if the yotes finished top 4 and offered  OEL Domi their 1st and maybe Chychern  That would get me interested. Thats the kind of insane deal it would take i think. And the Yotes would still prolly have to add Maybe another 1st or top prospect/player.

1. 1st 2018

2. another high pick (1st 2019 or maybe 2nd 2018 depending on value below)

3. premium piece at same position as player lost - Juolevi

4. premium player replacing potential of pick (petterson/horvat/boeser)

5. roster player in area of need (ei. baer/granlund, hutton, nilsson).

or in other words... too much.

Archived