Sven - 3.5M for 3 seasons

Gran - 3M for 3 seasons

Virt - 2M for 3 seasons

Reid - won't be back

Pouly - 2M for 3 seasons

Stech - 2M for 3 seasons

Hank & Dan =  3.5

Archy = 1M =2yrs and 2 way

Sven - 2yrs @ 2.3 million still needs to prove himself ?? 3.5 mil would mean he has to prove himself..

Grandlund = 1.9 million ---- still has to prove himself? 19 goals last yr, this year was a step backward.... 2.0 mil tops

Virtanen == Yes 2 yrs at 2.2 mil... he has improved and has a big upside...Exciting player, I see 18 - 24 goal guy soon, causes lots havoc when he uses his speed and size.

Pouly = 2.0 mil

Stetch = 2.0 mil

Remember we will be paying Hutton 2.8 million next season?? This will cause problems as both Stetcher and Poulin had better season this yr???

Yes Dowd and Bouchard are gone.....Too many young guys around 

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Hank & Dan =  3.5

Archy = 1M =2yrs and 2 way

Sven - 2yrs @ 2.3 million still needs to prove himself ?? 3.5 mil would mean he has to prove himself..

Grandlund = 1.9 million ---- still has to prove himself? 19 goals last yr, this year was a step backward.... 2.0 mil tops

Virtanen == Yes 2 yrs at 2.2 mil... he has improved and has a big upside...Exciting player, I see 18 - 24 goal guy soon, causes lots havoc when he uses his speed and size.

Pouly = 2.0 mil

Stetch = 2.0 mil

Remember we will be paying Hutton 2.8 million next season?? This will cause problems as both Stetcher and Poulin had better season this yr???

Yes Dowd and Bouchard are gone.....Too many young guys around 

Laughable that you think Sven is only worth 2.3M while Virt is 2.2M.

3 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Laughable that you think Sven is only worth 2.3M while Virt is 2.2M.

Glad your laughing..

Barchi worth in range of 2.0 mil --2.7 mil for 1 yr?

Virtanen worth in range of 1.5 - 2.2 mil..

Think Barchi could be packaged in a trade this summer...

8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

UFA

Darren Archibald- 1 year, 1 way, $650000

Nic Dowd- nope

Jussi Jokinen-nope

Jayson Megna-nope

RFA

Griffen Molino-nope

Michael Chaput-nope

MacKenze Stewart-nope

Anton Cederholm-nope

Keep in mind we do need to keep Utica stocked.  If the Sedins aren't kept, we're likely to see at least 2 rookies make the team.

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Keep in mind we do need to keep Utica stocked.  If the Sedins aren't kept, we're likely to see at least 2 rookies make the team.

My guess is Benning signs another UFA like Vanek for the big squad and lets 1 rookie make the jump. As for Utica its going to get an influx of young talent such as Lind, Gadj, Gaud?, Dahlen, Pettersson?, Juolevi?, Brassard? so I'm not to worried about that. I am hoping we claim some guys off waivers next season and audition them with our club or just rewaive them to try and get them to Utica.

17 hours ago, R.Kesler #17 said:

UFA

Henrik Sedin, No

Daniel Sedin, No

Darren Archibald (1 year two way $750,000)

Nic Dowd, No

RFA

Sven Baertschi, Trade

Markus Granlund, Trade

Jake Virtanen, (Trade for Sanheim)

Reid Boucher, No

Derrick Pouliot, (  1 year $2,800,000)

Troy Stetcher ( 2 year $ 2,800,000)

17 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

My guess is Benning signs another UFA like Vanek for the big squad and lets 1 rookie make the jump. As for Utica its going to get an influx of young talent such as Lind, Gadj, Gaud?, Dahlen, Pettersson?, Juolevi?, Brassard? so I'm not to worried about that. I am hoping we claim some guys off waivers next season and audition them with our club or just rewaive them to try and get them to Utica.

Yes, but they do need veteran presence there.  Chaput, Megna, Boucher, and the like are good bridges that can (ulp) be called up in a pinch, too.

let all UFA's walk. maybe keep archie

the only two RFA's i think are MUST signs are virtanen and stecher. the rest can be used as trade bait or not a spend a penny more than they are worth for all i care

there NEEDS to be change. they cant come back with the same formula for 3 years in a row and expect to do better.

lets cut ties with the fringe nhl'ers and roll the dice on some new faces 

58 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yes, but they do need veteran presence there.  Chaput, Megna, Boucher, and the like are good bridges that can (ulp) be called up in a pinch, too.

Agree you need vets, but you also want your young prospects to get lots of ice time compared to some of those vets. Also if your going to sign plug vets you'd prefer to have them on AHL deals and not take up contracts. Plus there are some vets down there already with NHL deals such as McEneny, MacEwen, Sautner and vets I think should be resigned such as Labate, Bachman, Wiercoch and Cassels. Out of the vets you mentioned though Id be OK with resigning chaput.

Sedins - will retire

Archie - we need this kind of player, $950,000 for two years

Dowd - let him walk

Baer - 2.5M x 2 years, or trade him for a reasonable return

Gran - same as Baer

Virt - he could be developed as top 6 players, keep him longer, 2M x 2 yrs and 3M each year for another 2 years

Boucher - let him walk

Pauliot - 1.8 M x 1 yr, and trade him before deadline

Stetch - good progress, 2.5M x 2 yrs

18 hours ago, R.Kesler #17 said:

With the season almost over and the Canucks being out of playoff contention, we can now look at re-signing players. We have a quite a few of players that are either UFAs or RFAs.  What do you think their contracts would look like (term and cost)?

Here is the list

UFA

Henrik Sedin

Daniel Sedin

Darren Archibald

Nic Dowd

RFA

Sven Baertschi

Markus Granlund

Jake Virtanen

Reid Boucher

Derrick Pouliot

Troy Stetcher

Hank and dank 1yr @ 3.5mill

Darren archibald...peace out

Nic dowd...peace out

Sven....traded at draft

Granlund 2yrs @ 1.65per

Jake 2yrs @ 1.5per

Reid boucher....peace out

Derrick pouliot 1yr@ 1.85

Troy stetcher 3yrs @ 2.25per

19 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Agree with the gist of your post.  I think you're being generous with the money though.  I've added my thoughts above.

Baer is putting legit 2knd line numbers when healthy? Legit top 6 two way game as well. Has to stay healthy... Big ask to sign away two UFA years for $2 to #2.35 mill! My guess is he gets a 3 year deal to help us transition our young core. And he'll be paid fairly to do it.  

Similarly, yeah Granny's numbers took a big hit this year? And I agree he needs a prove it year. But he was also asked to play a ''role!'' Spent a lot of the year on defensive assignments.  I suspect he gets 1 x $2.35 to do so.

Imagine what Baertschi, he has speed and slick skills, would do with 2knd / 3rd line minutes on Dallas, Nashville, Wash? Or Pittsburgh???  Where the speed and tempo play into Sven's game & there are some world class play makers and snipers to dangle with.

20 hours ago, R.Kesler #17 said:

With the season almost over and the Canucks being out of playoff contention, we can now look at re-signing players. We have a quite a few of players that are either UFAs or RFAs.  What do you think their contracts would look like (term and cost)?

Here is the list

UFA

Henrik Sedin

Daniel Sedin

Darren Archibald

Nic Dowd

RFA

Sven Baertschi

Markus Granlund

Jake Virtanen

Reid Boucher

Derrick Pouliot

Troy Stetcher

UFA

Henrik Sedin 4.5 x 1 NMC

Daniel Sedin 4.5 x 1 NMC

Darren Archibald League Minimum x 1 (two-way)

Nic Dowd Walks

RFA

Sven Baertschi.  3 x 4 years

Markus Granlund 1.5 x 2

Jake Virtanen 1.5 x 2

Reid Boucher walks or signs a “1 way” deal to get paid well to play in Utica

Derrick Pouliot 1.5 x 1

Troy Stetcher 1.5 x 3

I bring back the twins for one more just to rub elbows with Juolevi and Pettersson.

The only “big” contract I’d sign is I’d pay Sven 3 mil to lock him up for 4 years without any NTC.  He’s averaged close to 20 goals over 82 the past 3 seasons on our wasteland of a roster so I think he’s worth the investment.

I wonder if you can get Stecher locked up for 3rd pairing money, too.  He’s had a down year statistically but I’d love to have him signed for decent term at a cheap price.  Same goes for Granny and Virt so Id look at 3 year deals for them (if they would sign it).  Zero NTCs though.

I give Pouliot a 1 year deal to see what he can do with an offseason of knowing what to expect.

4 hours ago, Rabbit said:

Sedins - will retire

Archie - we need this kind of player, $950,000 for two years

Dowd - let him walk

Baer - 2.5M x 2 years, or trade him for a reasonable return

Gran - same as Baer

Virt - he could be developed as top 6 players, keep him longer, 2M x 2 yrs and 3M each year for another 2 years

Boucher - let him walk

Pauliot - 1.8 M x 1 yr, and trade him before deadline

Stetch - good progress, 2.5M x 2 yrs

X2- Baer should get more though. Has plenty of skill just needs to be a bit more consistent. 

4 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

UFA

Henrik Sedin 4.5 x 1 NMC

Daniel Sedin 4.5 x 1 NMC

Darren Archibald League Minimum x 1 (two-way)

Nic Dowd Walks

RFA

Sven Baertschi.  3 x 4 years

Markus Granlund 1.5 x 2

Jake Virtanen 1.5 x 2

Reid Boucher walks or signs a “1 way” deal to get paid well to play in Utica

Derrick Pouliot 1.5 x 1

Troy Stetcher 1.5 x 3

I bring back the twins for one more just to rub elbows with Juolevi and Pettersson.

The only “big” contract I’d sign is I’d pay Sven 3 mil to lock him up for 4 years without any NTC.  He’s averaged close to 20 goals over 82 the past 3 seasons on our wasteland of a roster so I think he’s worth the investment.

I wonder if you can get Stecher locked up for 3rd pairing money, too.  He’s had a down year statistically but I’d love to have him signed for decent term at a cheap price.  Same goes for Granny and Virt so Id look at 3 year deals for them (if they would sign it).  Zero NTCs though.

I give Pouliot a 1 year deal to see what he can do with an offseason of knowing what to expect.

WAY too much for the Sedins. Give them 1M and Bonus structure to help Management work on the team going forward. 

Everything else looks fine by me

I am surprised with the Archibald hate.

The dude has played only 20 games and is 2nd amongst team forwards in hits. He has size and will drop the gloves. 12 goal/24 point pace in a bottom 6 role. 2nd behind Sutter in SH TOI/GP. Despite playing a physical game he has taken only 1 minor penalty and has averaged close to 15 minutes per game. His underlying stats aren't great but for the price and what he has brought overall I'd love to bring him back especially considering the premium we are paying for Gudbranson's toughness. 

Just now, canucklehead44 said:

I am surprised with the Archibald hate.

The dude has played only 20 games and is 2nd amongst team forwards in hits. He has size and will drop the gloves. 12 goal/24 point pace in a bottom 6 role. 2nd behind Sutter in SH TOI/GP. Despite playing a physical game he has taken only 1 minor penalty and has averaged close to 15 minutes per game. His underlying stats aren't great but for the price and what he has brought overall I'd love to bring him back especially considering the premium we are paying for Gudbranson's toughness. 

The Utica guys would be crying up an ocean

On 22/03/2018 at 4:29 PM, R.Kesler #17 said:

UFA

Henrik Sedin - reitre

Daniel Sedin - retire 

Darren Archibald 1 yr/1 mill

Nic Dowd - dont resign

RFA

Sven Baertschi 1 yr/3 mill

Markus Granlund 1 yr/ 2 mill

Jake Virtanen 2 yr/2 per

Reid Boucher - walk 

Derrick Pouliot -  1 yr/ 2 mill

Troy Stetcher - 2 yr/ 2 per

I think its time to turn a page on the Sedins, they were amazing for years but eventually its time to start a new story.  As good as they do offensively still, defensively they can't get it done and let in many more goals than they produce now.

Archibald can be a good 4th liner with grit, unless there is someone on the UFA market that can play better and have grit for around a mill I would gladly bring Arch back.  

Baer and Granlund I would like to see on 1 year deals, a show me type deal and come trade deadline decide if you want to keep them or move them for younger players/picks.  Same idea with Pouliot also, see what he can do with a 1 year deal then see if he can improve enough to get a bit of a return on, I don't see him as a long term player personally.

Virtanen and Stetcher I want to keep, give them a couple bridges and hope they can continue improving.

On 22/03/2018 at 5:39 PM, bree2 said:

i love the sedins but they should retire  go out the right way!

archy resign  1 year = 850,

dowd gone

gaunce gone

sven  2.5 1 year

gran = 1.5 1year

virt= 2mil 1yr

reid gone  

pouliet 1.5 for 2yr

stech 2.5 for 3 yr

i will add gags gone

I agree with you on all counts except Archibald.  Pass.  

Archived