The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VIDEO: With 9 games left, it's time for the younger players to step their game up

Canuck Clay

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yesterday's game.   I don't understand your question.

You responded to this comment I posted..."Coach Green baffles me at times, we'll see how he invests into the future to close out the season."

So what *baffles me is why did it take this long for Green to put that line together since Brock was injured.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Why don't you include Horvat at 22 as a "young guy"?   

Bo doesn't have anything to prove.  Jake might be top 6 guy but he has shown he is already a perfect 3rd liner.  He is a takeaway machine.  And can bang.  If his junior finish returns, great.  If not, we have a good 3rd liner.  Baertschi is too soft, as you mentioned, and too inconsistent.  He has his moments, but top 6 guys aren't regularly scratched.  We have better top 6 talent coming that makes him redundant in the near to immediate future.

3 minutes ago, 6string said:

You responded to this comment I posted..."Coach Green baffles me at times, we'll see how he invests into the future to close out the season."

So what *baffles me is why did it take this long for Green to put that line together since Brock was injured.

Coz he makes players earn it versus gifting young guys ice time.   He sits guys he doesn't see working at what he wants (and that likely includes game day skates too) them to be working on and press box for guys that didn't earn another game (like Boucher last night) whereas Goldy got rewarded and if you track Virtanen's minutes this year he is trending up irrespective of injuries etc.

Best comment on Sportsnet highlights after Edler scored his first goal, "Canucks with their 17 goal of the year from the defense, last in the NHL" :lol: and people are more worried about Goldy stepping up? Open your eyes some Canucks fans the D and Goalies are TRASH, doesn't matter what these forwards do or try to do they have no support behind them.

3 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Only Motte and Leipsic are smurfy the other guys you listed are normal height and weight in the NHL they just aren't physical. I think they need to start scratching Motte i think i saw somewhere he needs to play 16 more games to be a waiver player. I think that they cut him off to be able to send him to Utica waiver free next season. 

Same difference.

34 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Coz he makes players earn it versus gifting young guys ice time.   He sits guys he doesn't see working at what he wants (and that likely includes game day skates too) them to be working on and press box for guys that didn't earn another game (like Boucher last night) whereas Goldy got rewarded and if you track Virtanen's minutes this year he is trending up irrespective of injuries etc.

I recall you were one of more than a few here that thought Boeser needed some seasoning in Utica, not ready for prime time correct?

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Good point, I get that.   My dig was purely in jest as I know you are labeling the Canucks as "Leipsic on a pig" so I was merely having fun with you, I am pleased you took it that way.   In fact, I have been impressed how you always seem to take things quite well and don't mind some banter.   Well done.

Yup, I also find Hutton winking at me a tad creepy and am sure that is why it is there.   Not quite as creepy as that cartoon where rats are eating someone signature block that is used but creepy nonetheless.

The only avatars I find really annoying, and that is why the posters choose them, is of players they know troll the Canuck fanbase and then they choose a name that does the same and then continually slam the Canucks and their prospects and "act" like they are a true fan.   Gimme a friggin' break.   I KNOW you are a fan.   A very frustrated one and one that I disagree about the future of your team but I always enjoy your passion.

Cheers.   ::D

Cheers Rob. I’ve patterned my resilience off of Alf. 

I would say that the only young player on the Canucks I do not hope to see back is Goldy. I really just don’t see him as a guy you win with; a playoff guy. Motte isn’t showing me anything that we don’t already have. I also don’t care for Hutton’s game. 

There is is a great future here, I’ve said it many times. Where I differ with most posters is on how that future was created. 

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Best comment on Sportsnet highlights after Edler scored his first goal, "Canucks with their 17 goal of the year from the defense, last in the NHL" :lol: and people are more worried about Goldy stepping up? Open your eyes some Canucks fans the D and Goalies are TRASH, doesn't matter what these forwards do or try to do they have no support behind them.

Shhh, you’re supposed to be in Stealth Tank mode.

42 minutes ago, 6string said:

I recall you were one of more than a few here that thought Boeser needed some seasoning in Utica, not ready for prime time correct?

Not me.    I don't recall that.   I was pretty sure Boeser would be a top 10 Calder candidate this year.   Look at predictions thread (locked so I can't change it).

2 hours ago, 6string said:

Dude, Green has put as much youth into our lineup as possible.  

Goldy, Boucher and Motte wouldn’t get anywhere close to getting any playing time on most of other teams.  

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Why don't you include Horvat at 22 as a "young guy"?   Further, Baer has more to offer this team in my opinion but he has to stop getting hit by pucks and having freak injuries ala Salo (that separated shoulder was a freak play).   I also think Virtanen is a top 6 when all is said and done.   Having him on the ice for 18ish minutes at his current hits/60 would be brilliant and he can skate well enough to play with anyone in the league.   He has some work to do on polish with the puck but has demonstrated he has that skill and simply needs to go back to it as he continues to grow as a player.

Can we just try Jake on LW for one whole game?? Do we need to start a petition thread like someone did with Tryamkin

51 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Dude, Green has put as much youth into our lineup as possible.  

Goldy, Boucher and Motte wouldn’t get anywhere close to getting any playing time on most of other teams.  

Why Boston is where they are today?

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Not me.    I don't recall that.   I was pretty sure Boeser would be a top 10 Calder candidate this year.   Look at predictions thread (locked so I can't change it).

Not the most convincing answer since Bush's denial on wmd's.

Archived