The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Credit where credit is due, Markstrom strong effort tonight

51 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

I guess we had to win at some point. It was a good run while it lasted.

It is nice to see some of the players doing well. Marky was very good. Horvat had an excellent night. So did Edler. Good to see Pouliot stand up for Leipsic. And Goldy made some nice plays (and, as usual, some weak plays as well).

But, like almost everyone else, I was hoping for a loss. And the Canucks could easily have lost tonight.. But Chicago had mediocre goaltending, while Marky was very good. Combine that with some bounces and the Canucks come away with a 5-2 win. 

Still, I expect things to go back to normal tomorrow against St. Louis.

31 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Uh, this was a high first round pick and former CHL dman of the year.   Position takes some time to develop.   He is an NHL player - and one still developing.  

Possible to note he played a decent game while sticking up for teammates?   Easier to say something mean?

Scottie Upshall was a high first round pick and former CHL star...what's your point?

No one wants Pouliot, he is a pretty horrible player and anyone with a set of eyes can see this...he is a bottom pairing D-man on a 30th placed team.

Oh and by the way going by your position argument, Zach Bogosian was a high first round pick for the Jets, he now is a bottom pairing D-man on a 31st placed team, is almost a mirror-image of Gudbranson, another bottom pairing D_man who was a high first rounder.

Granted I am in a bad mood tonight, but I could be having a night at the playboy mansion and would never say Pouliot was a good d-man.

He may be a quality person, I don't know...but, yeah.

I'd love to know what teams you think Pouliot would be a sure thing on.

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Could of fooled me, I thought all three already were...lol

Hmmm 89 points between the two Sedins looks retired to you? 

Interesting 

guess a while whole lot of elite players in the league that are north of 45 points need to retire in your mind?  

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Hmmm 89 points between the two Sedins looks retired to you? 

Interesting 

guess a while whole lot of elite players in the league that are north of 45 points need to retire in your mind?  

Don't take the bait.   He has a number of lines in the water.   They come out once in a while hoping to trap something but rarely do, but it is entertaining to see them try.

16 minutes ago, JamesB said:

It is nice to see some of the players doing well. Marky was very good. Horvat had an excellent night. So did Edler. Good to see Pouliot stand up for Leipsic. And Goldy made some nice plays (and, as usual, some weak plays as well).

But, like almost everyone else, I was hoping for a loss. And the Canucks could easily have lost tonight.. But Chicago had mediocre goaltending, while Marky was very good. Combine that with some bounces and the Canucks come away with a 5-2 win. 

Still, I expect things to go back to normal tomorrow against St. Louis.

Tonight was a reversal of sorts for Vancouver.   Over the past three months they could have won at least 10 more games than they did but had mediocre goaltending and crap bounces.   Those 10 wins would have them in a crap position (like Calgary) in terms of the draft and still out of the playoffs so in many ways, not having had those wins is a blessing for the future but you cannot outshoot (many nights) and outhit (most nights) teams consistently and lose all of the games.    

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Don't look now.......is Goldy turning the corner?  Huh?  Huh?

His game appears to improve each night.  He still turns the puck over but it's magnified, imo, because he's a young skilled guy.  He is not the only Canuck to turn pucks over.

flipside is he can make some elite plays and score.  I'd like to see him start next year with a quality offensive line mate.

58 minutes ago, TheRocket18 said:

I didn't like Lepsic telling buddy it was a good hit in the penalty box after pouliot stuck his neck for him.

No toews so, it's like us without bo to a point.

Both teams are so small at times, it's like a bunch of midgets down the yellow brick autobahn.

You stand up for a guy dirty hit or not. 

I insist that the minus button must return because of bertuzzi44. 

Anyways, good effort, good win! Hoping that even if we don't finish with a guaranteed top 4 pick we'll win the draft lottery! 

(Our luck has to give at some point)

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

This Patrick Sharp thing really made me realize I am just not ready for the Sedins to go.  Not like this.

If they retire - I hope so badly they make it official before the end of the year so we get the chance to celebrate them like they deserve in their final home game. It would feel lousy if they make the decision in Summer and that's it.

Either way there will be more than a couple standing O's waiting for them.  

Archived