The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yes, the sign says Canucks 5 Blackhawks 2.     It appears to be a Sportsnet sign.   

Although I do agree with your sign definition, overall this appears to be a frame capture from the digital recording of said game.

Well they were not going to lose every game the rest of the season and Chicago has gone all in for their tank.

These games near the end are going to be no hitting affairs for the most part, players looking for a job next year or a contract will still be hitting or should be, but apart from that they look more like the exhibition games.

31 minutes ago, Bocivus said:

Oh.  I thought it was a sign for Hank and Danny at $5M X 2 years.

Don't laugh, most likely that will be the number, the cap is going up and Benning will have lots of money to spend if he doesn't hit within 1 mil of the cap limit and handcuff the team it will be the first time. 

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Goldy can be a giant for this team if he works hard and gets line mates who operate at his high IQ level. 

Agree.  He thinks the play so fast. His quick tip passes could be breaking guys out but they are not ready to receive and often turn the puck over the other way.  Once they get used to his play and/or he gets to play with better offensive players, he will be extremely dangerous...deceptively fast with great hands and vision. I hope they give him a good shot next year and are patient with him. 

• -SN- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
12 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Scottie Upshall was a high first round pick and former CHL star...what's your point?

No one wants Pouliot, he is a pretty horrible player and anyone with a set of eyes can see this...he is a bottom pairing D-man on a 30th placed team.

Oh and by the way going by your position argument, Zach Bogosian was a high first round pick for the Jets, he now is a bottom pairing D-man on a 31st placed team, is almost a mirror-image of Gudbranson, another bottom pairing D_man who was a high first rounder.

Granted I am in a bad mood tonight, but I could be having a night at the playboy mansion and would never say Pouliot was a good d-man.

He may be a quality person, I don't know...but, yeah.

I'd love to know what teams you think Pouliot would be a sure thing on.

Upshall has managed 757 games and ongoing in the highest professional league of hockey and could've been more without injuries. He's doing something right and I'd gladly take a Pouliot that can have that type of longevity in his career.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

We do have these two Swedish boys on the way...

Wouldn't be a very gritty line, but then it seems to work for the TB Triplets.

I didn't suss it out at first, mainly because it was his work rate that concerned me but you often see Goldy passes wasted on a team mate because you suspect the team mate not only didn't expect it because he himself couldn't make that pass or didn't even see the area to be in to accept the pass in the first place.

This is also a problem I see the Sedins having with someone like Gagner or Jake.

12 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I didn't suss it out at first, mainly because it was his work rate that concerned me but you often see Goldy passes wasted on a team mate because you suspect the team mate not only didn't expect it because he himself couldn't make that pass or didn't even see the area to be in to accept the pass in the first place.

This is also a problem I see the Sedins having with someone like Gagner or Jake.

In an understated way, sometimes we see the same thing from Pouliot.  Some may call it lazy giveaways, but the same can be said of what it looks like when the Sedins and other high-end players make what appear to be bad passes.

My friends, we should celebrate the win. I don't care about the tanking, getting the 1st OA or not is based on the lottery luck.

Edler was the star last night, he need to keep this performance every game then the fans would love him.

Herik finally scored after 56 games, congratulation!  But I still think Sedins should retire after the season, which helps the team moving on.

Happy to see Pouliot stand-up for his team mate.

Goldy, Virt were in progress game after game.

Bo is the heart of Canucks.

Marky played quite well, but I don't like him need to face too many shootings (41).

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Keith played over 10 minutes in the first period and a game high 24 for Chicago but after that hit his shifts were shorter and he was a non-factor and coughed up a number of pucks.   THIS sort of play is why you wait for a Virtanen to emerge.   Few guys can hit like this and have speed to be able to move up and down your line up.   If his shooting percentage could get remotely close to something "average", he will also get you 20 to 25 goals if you give him regular minutes.

It was a really good hit. Not "bone crushing" but it's smart. Jake made Keith give the puck away and removed him from the play for a second. And, as you said, Keith was playing to avoid hits and was getting rid of the puck early for the rest of the game. That's exactly how I want Jake to play. 

52 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

In an understated way, sometimes we see the same thing from Pouliot.  Some may call it lazy giveaways, but the same can be said of what it looks like when the Sedins and other high-end players make what appear to be bad passes.

True.

14 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Scottie Upshall was a high first round pick and former CHL star...what's your point?

No one wants Pouliot, he is a pretty horrible player and anyone with a set of eyes can see this...he is a bottom pairing D-man on a 30th placed team.

Oh and by the way going by your position argument, Zach Bogosian was a high first round pick for the Jets, he now is a bottom pairing D-man on a 31st placed team, is almost a mirror-image of Gudbranson, another bottom pairing D_man who was a high first rounder.

Granted I am in a bad mood tonight, but I could be having a night at the playboy mansion and would never say Pouliot was a good d-man.

He may be a quality person, I don't know...but, yeah.

I'd love to know what teams you think Pouliot would be a sure thing on.

Your pal Bertuzzi44ever was just barely ahead of Pouliot in his draft plus 6 year.

He turned out fine...

Just sayin don't write guys off! 

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Just how big is Jake?  The Canucks website has him at 229.  I think that's updated after the weigh ins at camp every year.  Hockey DB has him at 229 too but Eliteprospects lists him at 207 and Wikipedia has him at 208

I'm no longer worried about the pudgy Jake fwiw

5 hours ago, Vanuckles said:

I find that none of the websites accurately reflect someone's wait. Jake's weight is somewhere in between all that. I distinctly remember multiple commentators this year mention that Jake is playing at about 215lbs this year.

In my experience, a lot of weights and heights are only updated every 2 or 3 years, which is kind of annoying. I'd guess Jake is around 215 or so as well. No way he is the 229lb slow and fat guy he was last year.

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Why do people say stuff like this?

I really don't think there is any character lacking in the team  - we have 2 or 3 who don't seem to have "a line" but that is not the same as character imo.

When you mean "push back" say push back.

BAHAHAHAHAH. My god. Thanks for the laugh to start off the weekend. 

LOOL

5 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

BAHAHAHAHAH. My god. Thanks for the laugh to start off the weekend. 

LOOL

Depends on your definition of character. Alfstonker is distinguishing between "character" and "push back". If you define "character" as having a lot of push back, then no, we don't have a lot of character. Personally, I define it differently, and I would say this team is chock full of character guys.

Archived