The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) VANCOUVER CANUCKS @ ST. LOUIS BLUES

Bo fan

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

I think this might be it for them.

I thought that too when I heard they are doing Sedin bobble head nights during the last few home games.

Feel like this is it. I don't expect to see them next year. 

In true Sedin fashion they will say the didn't want it to be distraction for the team and will announce retirement after the season is over. Next time we see them on the ice, we all will be watching their numbers rise to the rafters.

That made me sad just typing that.

Give'em hell tonight boys./

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I thought that too when I heard they are doing Sedin bobble head nights during the last few home games.

In true Sedin fashion they will say the didn't want it to be distraction for the team and will announce retirement after the season is over. Next time we see them on the ice, we all will be watching their numbers rise to the rafters.

There has been an atmosphere of morbid nostalgia around them for too long.  It will be like a breath of fresh air when they retire.

35 minutes ago, xereau said:

There has been an atmosphere of morbid nostalgia around them for too long.  It will be like a breath of fresh air when they retire.

There has. But one of the things I find so  special with them is they are legends and drafted and played their whole careers here. I have watched other teams have legends retire having only played for them. The Sedins jerseys will look extra shiny in the rafters knowing they were only ours. I say this will all due respect to Stan Smyl who was a special player. But the twins are legends in my mind. 

14 minutes ago, xereau said:

Yeah, I’m sure everyone will be feeling refreshed after 82 games of a Gagner-centred 2nd line.

41 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

if this is the year.. i hope it finishes off like Linden..not quite the spanking but that night was special

a ceremony is nice and all ..however ill take the distraction for one game to truely appreciate the last time we'll see them

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Last nights game showed the complete lack of respect for our players safety. The refs should be prosecuted as criminals for allowing teams to basically assault and cause bodily harm to our guys. Their lack of respect for our players safety is the reason we have so many injuries, the league and the refs are disgusting they lack professionalism and integrity.

6 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Blues are 3 points back of Anaheim with a game in hand.  If they win tonight they need to make up 3 points to tie Anaheim and Colorado who both have 88 points. 

St Louis has 40 wins to Anaheims 38 so they would pass Anahiem in the standings due to the higher win total.

This may be a deciding game in St Louis playoff hopes.  Anahiem is riding a 4 game win streak and is 7-3-1 in the last 10. The Blues are on a 3 game win streak with a record of 6-3-1!

We can play spoilers tonight and vs Anahiem down the stretch if we desire.  Tarasenkos return is likely do to this and the fact we are a hard to play against squad.

Shall we spoil some playoff hopes? Or does the tank roll on.

play to win 

7 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

This is going to be a lot different than last nights game, the Blues are fighting for a playoff spot and they are not going to go easy on the Nucks.

The Canucks are not going to see a backup with a 3.8 GA average and a sub .900 SV %, they aren't going to be in an push and shove match, it will be all out hitting.

They will be tired.

This one will be very one sided in St Louis's favour.

6-0? 4-1? 

I go with 3-0 St. Louis.

Archived