The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Finishing 30th means you have a 63.8% chance of drafting 4th or 5th. 

Even finishing dead last you have a 51.9% chance of drafting 4th. 

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

As I've said, I'd rather finish 8th and only have a 16.3% chance of finishing in a worse position. 

Draft odds have been somewhat updated by Friedman.

18.5% for 1st, 13.5% for second i believe

16 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

I wish rollie was still around...i dont get how we go from rollie to cloutier

I know it is definitely a huge loss iirc he wanted to be closer to his family. He has been working with Demko in Utica and he seems to be working his magic with him. Just don't want Cloutier to get his hands on him and ruin all the goodness!! 

1 minute ago, JamesBlondage said:

I know it is definitely a huge loss iirc he wanted to be closer to his family. He has been working with Demko in Utica and he seems to be working his magic with him. Just don't want Cloutier to get his hands on him and ruin all the goodness!! 

I wasnt sure if he was still doing his part time gig in utica with demko. Good to hear hes working with demko. But management definitely needs to reassess the garbage cloutier is pumping into our goalies at the moment. I get that its not all cloutiers fault,  at the end of the day these guys prob just suck but for the sake of demko he needs to go.

12 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

We need the picks.  We have the worst cumulative record in the entire NHL over the last three seasons.  Plus he we haven't been rewarded appropriately with picks.

???? Boeser, Juolevi, EP, Lind, Gadjovich, Gaudette etc. ec.....what are you talking about?   Your franchise has NEVER had this kind of pool of prospects.   

15 hours ago, Qwags said:

The tank is back on track.

Canucks leadership has managed to convince the fans to look at the standing upside down and cheer the team as it rises to the top!!! Unbelievable to me. Let's  just say that Dahlin is amazing but no one expect him to be as great as McDavid.  There years after drafting McDavid, the Oilers are still out of the playoffs by November! I can't believe the fans keep falling for the tank and cheer it on. Cheering for your team to be the worst in the league in the 4th year of this regime. Wow. The magnitude of the mismanagement on this team is staggering but the PR side of the business, assisted by the media of course, is magnificent.

1 hour ago, JamesBlondage said:

The goalie coach in Utica is Curtis Sanford.   Melanson was hired by the New Jersey Devils in the off-season - he is back working with Schneider.

14 hours ago, linden17 said:

not really. The word "tank" in these talks suggests we lose on purpose. Some teams in the past have obviously done that. To me people who get mad that we win show poor sportsmanship and class. Maybe its just me and a select few who feel that you should never hope your team loses.

Lol where have you been the last 3 years..... No one believes this team is good enough to win in the first place, well maybe some but they're on a different planet, but you're taking the word to literally. If this team was good and was losing on purpose then I'd be upset and that tank I don't agree with and you as well, but when this team is this bad and the crap luck this franchise has had in all it's years in the NHL I'm all in on this tank, where we just suck and continue to lose to have the best draft position possible. As a Canuck fan I do hope they lose the rest of their games for the best chance for the teams future, but if you know Green he wants to win and it does seem like the players want to win too but because they suck they can't so it's a win win anyways, keep the tank going!

15 hours ago, Rush17 said:

We seem to score well when we trade chances.  We seem to struggle against structured defenses when things heat up and we are missing our leader scoring. Arguably our new leader.

When your 3rd forward consistanly feels the need to join the other 2 Fs behind the net you are not going to score.

How many goals against are sscored by a forward in the slot?

The Canucks overload below the goal line and one of two things happen, a pass through the slot to no one or a ring around the boards and a shot with no screen and no one available for the rebound. Its teh Canuck way.

15 hours ago, linden17 said:

Just so all of you know....to all of you saying tank, I want to actually run you over with a tank nice and slow. It doesn't work and its classless. I'm just glad we aren't actually doing it. We are crippled with injuries and the fight is still there. We are just not good enough.

The tank was assured with the goaltending choices and the goalie coach

11 hours ago, linden17 said:

what u say is a load of crap. u don't think they know this team is rebuilding? this team is here because we aren't stuck in the past. getting mad and saying they shouldn't smile when scoring is pure bs. youre type will get mad if we win or lose. u honestly have to realize the transition and everything that comes with it. choose a side and stick with it. I think u think what u say will get u praise and for sure it will by uneducated bandwagoners. good for u. u win some fans. the fact is is that we are in full rebuild and just because management hasn't said it outright doesn't mean its not in place. I find it seriuously funny how some idiot fans out there wont believe its a rebuild until its said by management. if u have any hockey IQ you would realize this has been happening for a few years. for the love of idiots on these forums I hope management does say it so u and others can say ok now we can build towards the future and feel right. tell me something....what will it take for u to see the rebuild that is happening and has been for the past few years? don't be dumb. use your eyes and knowledge to know it. brian burke once said now that he is gm he will straight up lie to the media now that he is in power to deter media...which also lie. ur opinion is simply one that is frustrated with the transition of a rebuild. u feel ur voice must be heard and critical of it. ur not willing to go through tough times for the rebuild. ur not a very strong fan. ive been through many changes with this canucks team. it wont be the last. my advice is stick by your team and don't kick them when down. its natural. this team although looking bleak now, has many bright days ahead because of the moves this management has made in the past few years. youre NEW IDENTITY is coming but it takes travelling through rough times to get there.

Actually, no.

I'm NOT sure the Sedins know Vancouver is re-building. Considering they are even CONSIDERING coming back, and Linden has gone on record to say even publically that a REBUILD wouldn't be FAIR to them, and the teams management has sacrificed, a good year or two (maybe longer) of PROPER REBUILDING just to satisfy THEM. Not there fans. That's a HUGE problem with management.

If they love the team like they say they do and its fans, maybe they will do the hard thing, and right thing this summer and look in the mirror and say, maybe this team will be better off without us for the long-term.

No one will like me saying this, cause of there legacy, but if your satisfied with all these near last place finishes every year, then great. Keep things the way they are. It was only Einstein that said "It is Insanity to keep doing the same things and expecting different results."

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Draft odds have been somewhat updated by Friedman.

18.5% for 1st, 13.5% for second i believe

I wonder if Ghost realizes that 4th is a better position then 8th? :rolleyes:

Picks 32nd and 63rd would be nice.

1 hour ago, mll said:

The goalie coach in Utica is Curtis Sanford.   Melanson was hired by the New Jersey Devils in the off-season - he is back working with Schneider.

Thanks for the correction, I had forgotten about that...my apologies for being inaccurate. Either way I don't think Cloutier is the man for the job and I believe it is a very important position.

2 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

HOw is he working with Demko in Utica while being employed by New Jersey?

Curtis Sanford works for Utica

JAMES bLONDAGE  you have been tag teamed by the dreaded MLL-LMM team

take that!

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Is he coached to do that?  Markstrom doesn't do it.  I don't think we can hang this on Cloutier.  No i just think he's stubborn and is going with his "style".  This style is taking him right back to the AHL and back to Sweden honestly.

They both play very small -- always on their knees, and backed right up on their goal line.

49 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

I'm NOT sure the Sedins know Vancouver is re-building.

"We've always been," said Henrik Sedin. "We understand that it's going to be a rebuild, a retooling or whatever you want to call it. It was going to take a couple years."
- Henrik, April 11, 2017

:unsure:

19 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

:unsure:

Oh, Thanks for the quote.

I totally believe what Henrik Sedin says in a post-game interview.

Did you expect him to say.

NO. Our team is STILL going for the cup this year. I know it's APRIL and we're out of it but we can still contend.

I know we all love them for the things they did in THE PAST.

I;m just saying the fact that they're thinking of coming back, it's time for a CHANGE. Leadership...I don't know how many more years you want of this.

I know we're still going to be bad next year, but I want our team to grow like say New Jersey, or Vegas, or Colorado are doing, they're young teams that are growing together and with our prospects we could be doing that.

Living in THE PAST aint the way to do it. Torts (who lead his young team to a 16 game winning streak last year) and has his YOUNG team on a 10 game winning streak THIS YEAR, called our CORE STALE in 2014. It's now going into the 18-19 Season and everyone is considering re-signing the Sedins. Ugh.

It's sad but they should work for our team if they want to be on it...the game has passed them by despite those pt totals..I mean look closelly at there play this year, in order to do that you have to take off the fan-glasses.

I don't care about there point totals being respectable, the amount of goals scored against us with them on the ice (making mistakes no less) is alarming and cosrly. (14 million is costly too) I know there NEW contracts will be better but I want a new look. Sue me.

PS- Even look at Henrik's quote. He is STILL in denial somewhat., after saying rebuild, he actually has to correct himself and go with re-tool. He also says this at the end of the season and the Media are hungry for answers at another failed season. He also said it's going to take a couple years.

Yeah, it's BEEN and WILL be a lot longer then that.

THe management has publically said a REBUILD wouldnt be FAIR to them. Where is that quote? The only reason Trevor Linden came out and said YEAH ITS A REBUILD now is because it's what everyone wanted to hear, and because what else do you say finishing in the bottom five. I love how people buy the injuries argument. He's only said that every year. People are in denial if they think were a playoff team without injuries. Why because we were 6-3-1? Do people not take into account other teams injuries? Why do there's not count? If every team is HEALTHY we have never proven we could be a playoff team.

Just look at how we play for crying out loud, this current team has SO many holes it's not even funny,.

6 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Oh, Thanks for the quote.

I totally believe what Henrik Sedin says in a post-game interview.

Did you expect him to say.

NO. Our team is STILL going for the cup this year. I know it's APRIL and we're out of it but we can still contend.

Just because you need it spoonfed to you doesn't mean you have to drag the Sedins down to your level, not to mention call Henrik a liar.

Archived