The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues

-Vintage Canuck-

37 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Oh, Thanks for the quote.

I totally believe what Henrik Sedin says in a post-game interview.

Did you expect him to say.

NO. Our team is STILL going for the cup this year. I know it's APRIL and we're out of it but we can still contend.

I know we all love them for the things they did in THE PAST.

I;m just saying the fact that they're thinking of coming back, it's time for a CHANGE. Leadership...I don't know how many more years you want of this.

I know we're still going to be bad next year, but I want our team to grow like say New Jersey, or Vegas, or Colorado are doing, they're young teams that are growing together and with our prospects we could be doing that.

Living in THE PAST aint the way to do it. Torts (who lead his young team to a 16 game winning streak last year) and has his YOUNG team on a 10 game winning streak THIS YEAR, called our CORE STALE in 2014. It's now going into the 18-19 Season and everyone is considering re-signing the Sedins. Ugh.

It's sad but they should work for our team if they want to be on it...the game has passed them by despite those pt totals..I mean look closelly at there play this year, in order to do that you have to take off the fan-glasses.

I don't care about there point totals being respectable, the amount of goals scored against us with them on the ice (making mistakes no less) is alarming and cosrly. (14 million is costly too) I know there NEW contracts will be better but I want a new look. Sue me.

PS- Even look at Henrik's quote. He is STILL in denial somewhat., after saying rebuild, he actually has to correct himself and go with re-tool. He also says this at the end of the season and the Media are hungry for answers at another failed season. He also said it's going to take a couple years.

Yeah, it's BEEN and WILL be a lot longer then that.

THe management has publically said a REBUILD wouldnt be FAIR to them. Where is that quote? The only reason Trevor Linden came out and said YEAH ITS A REBUILD now is because it's what everyone wanted to hear, and because what else do you say finishing in the bottom five. I love how people buy the injuries argument. He's only said that every year. People are in denial if they think were a playoff team without injuries. Why because we were 6-3-1? Do people not take into account other teams injuries? Why do there's not count? If every team is HEALTHY we have never proven we could be a playoff team.

Just look at how we play for crying out loud, this current team has SO many holes it's not even funny,.

I think you put way too much emphasis on the teams current success or lack off success on the twins. To me they aren't the problem. They aren't the solution. They are just part of the rebuild this year and possibly next. 

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Finishing 30th means you have a 63.8% chance of drafting 4th or 5th. 

Even finishing dead last you have a 51.9% chance of drafting 4th. 

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

As I've said, I'd rather finish 8th and only have a 16.3% chance of finishing in a worse position. 

Lol

You'd rather pick 8th than 4th because you don't want the disappointment of falling in the draft lottery?

Why not aim for the 15th pick then? 0% chance of falling at 15th.

1 minute ago, Time Lord said:

Lol

You'd rather pick 8th than 4th because you don't want the disappointment of falling in the draft lottery?

Ya, maybe just try for the 31st knowing that you will pic 4th?

2 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Lol

Still have a 20% of a top 3 pick, and chances are you'll get the 7th or 8th pick, less chance of dropping?

Maybe look at the percentages before jumping to a conclusion. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Still have a 20% of a top 3 pick, and chances are you'll get the 7th or 8th pick, less chance of dropping?

Maybe look at the percentages before jumping to a conclusion. 

I know the percentages. Here's how they work:

The lower you finish in the standings, the better your chances are of getting a high pick.

45 minutes ago, rekker said:

I think you put way too much emphasis on the teams current success or lack off success on the twins. To me they aren't the problem. They aren't the solution. They are just part of the rebuild this year and possibly next. 

Probably.

Your right.

It's just, i don't think I should be crucified by Canucks faithful for wanting a change.

I've wanted a change for a few years but have kept quiet mainly due to there legacy but ...I really think they're coming back.

Henrik's comments two weeks ago in a post game interview gave me every belief they were. No one talked about it but he sounded a hundred percent like he was coming back, he referenced "WE and next year" two or three times.

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Probably.

Your right.

It's just, i don't think I should be crucified by Canucks faithful for wanting a change.

I've wanted a change for a few years but have kept quiet mainly due to there legacy but ...I really think they're coming back.

Henrik's comments two weeks ago in a post game interview gave me every belief they were. No one talked about it but he sounded a hundred percent like he was coming back, he referenced "WE and next year" two or three times.

I hear you and believe me I have been really back and forth on them returning. Right now I lean to wanting them back. An analogy for you. I am a tradesman and I am getting on in years. I can no longer do what I could physically do twenty years ago. Not as quickly anyways. But having been in the trades for thirty years the wisdom I have in my experience is overwhelming. If a young man starting out after trades school were to work with me for a year I can show him shortcuts, efficient skills, planning, problem solving that will take him years to figure out. That's where the twins are at. I found myself more open to their return once I quit expecting them to be the players they were even two years ago. I'm fine either way and could make an argument either way. But as of now I lean towards them returning for one more year. 

14 minutes ago, rekker said:

I hear you and believe me I have been really back and forth on them returning. Right now I lean to wanting them back. An analogy for you. I am a tradesman and I am getting on in years. I can no longer do what I could physically do twenty years ago. Not as quickly anyways. But having been in the trades for thirty years the wisdom I have in my experience is overwhelming. If a young man starting out after trades school were to work with me for a year I can show him shortcuts, efficient skills, planning, problem solving that will take him years to figure out. That's where the twins are at. I found myself more open to their return once I quit expecting them to be the players they were even two years ago. I'm fine either way and could make an argument either way. But as of now I lean towards them returning for one more year. 

True.

But what if (Going back to your analogy) the young man saw you slack off at times. Or your working on a big project and at the worst time of that project you make a couple of mistakes in key areas. Then when your Boss asks you about it you talk about other things and don't own up to your mistakes.

That's what the Sedins have ALSO done this year. Henrik has come out and taken late third period penalties due to lazy backchecking, and in his post game comments never says I, always WE. WE is fine when it's a positive thing. It makes you look humble. But I rarely if ever hear them say I was not good tonight. That's what bothers me. A lot of players take ownership out there...(mainly forwards) and use I in post game comments.

As I said I respect the hell out of them but our young guys witnessing that kind of accountability not too mention plays, doesen't look good for how well they "mentor" and lead.

There not strong enough leaders anymore. They have a lot to offer but it's not the same as it used to be and its arguable if it's enough to keep them in there spots.

We'll see I guess but I'm sticking to the notion of moving on.

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

True.

But what if (Going back to your analogy) the young man saw you slack off at times. Or your working on a big project and at the worst time of that project you make a couple of mistakes in key areas. Then when your Boss asks you about it you talk about other things and don't own up to your mistakes.

That's what the Sedins have ALSO done this year. Henrik has come out and taken late third period penalties due to lazy backchecking, and in his post game comments never says I, always WE. WE is fine when it's a positive thing. It makes you look humble. But I rarely if ever hear them say I was not good tonight. That's what bothers me. A lot of players take ownership out there...(mainly forwards) and use I in post game comments.

As I said I respect the hell out of them but our young guys witnessing that kind of accountability not too mention plays, doesen't look good for how well they "mentor" and lead.

There not strong enough leaders anymore. They have a lot to offer but it's not the same as it used to be and its arguable if it's enough to keep them in there spots.

We'll see I guess but I'm sticking to the notion of moving on.

We definately share the same respect for these two players. Best ever Canucks in my opinion. The plays you speak of I watched this year as well.....and cursed as well. I wonder if the twins can start the year here and players like Dahlen and EP start in the AHL working their way up? Helping displace the twins ice time? Green needs to buy in as well. Twins should be played less. They started the year that way but injuries sidelined it all. What if injuries happen next year? What if young players aren't ready? The whole season would look like the last 15 games. That is part of the benefit of having the twins here. If it goes off the rails next year and good chance it does. I would rather Dahlen and EP be in Utica and gain some confidence. Let the twins take the punches in the NHL for now. 

16 hours ago, alfstonker said:

We already have Dahlen ya prune! :lol:

common sense please, and ya i mispelled the dudes name, so shoot me...since u wanna be a sarcastic egghead , i was talking about Rasmus Dahlin ( ono i put a e instead of a i ) :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

common sense please, and ya i mispelled the dudes name, so shoot me...since u wanna be a sarcastic egghead , i was talking about Rasmus Dahlin ( ono i put a e instead of a i ) :rolleyes:

I got that part. I was only tugging your chain, lighten up.:P

18 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Finishing 30th means you have a 63.8% chance of drafting 4th or 5th. 

Even finishing dead last you have a 51.9% chance of drafting 4th. 

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

As I've said, I'd rather finish 8th and only have a 16.3% chance of finishing in a worse position. 

18 hours ago, Riviera82 said:

Odds are still better at winning when finishing last and the draft position is guaranteed better in subsequent rounds.

The bold part of your post I dont understand.

17 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Draft odds have been somewhat updated by Friedman.

18.5% for 1st, 13.5% for second i believe

Archived