The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft Poll (discussion)

Who do the Canucks pick in the following draft positions  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone

So here is my question

So who do the Canucks take in everyone of the top 5 positions? I would really like top 7, but the poll would only allow me 5 questions. You can put all 7 down if you would like.

My take is today, it is still possible that we could be in any of the first 7 picks (realistically) Mathematically it is more....but lets be real!

This will involve, who you think will be gone, and who you will pick from the remaining prospects........

I am going to try and do a poll on it too...so be patient, please.............

Just remember, there is a rumour out there that the Canucks would not have taken Hischier or Patrick at 1 or 2...........So maybe 2 and 3 are not so automatic

The only reason svechnikov might slip is because he’s russian 

if his name was joe smith from Ontario he would be all the rage for Canadian teams pick at 2

ive seen nothing about boqvist and Bouchard so I decide between the two

but last year the top 2 D got selected real quick so I won’t be surprised to see it dahlin, Zadina, boqvist, Bouchard, svechnikov, tkachuk or something like that cause teams know the only way you get top 4 d in their prime is draft or pay a  kings ransome 

we have a need for everything. Goals, toughness, right defencemen, pp quarterback, centres etc. We can’t go wrong with who we pick...but dahlin would solve a lot of them ::D

5 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Can't shake this feeling that Bouchard has mediocre written all over him. really hope we avoid drafting him.

Dahlin

Svech

Hughes (steal of top 5)

Zadina

Boqvist

Scouts say " Big guy, poised confident with the puck, makes a sixty foot stretch pass better than ANYone else in his draft class, he passes the puck better than anyone too.  Great distribution on the PP. "  To me he's got the highest floor of any defenseman in the draft....I can see your trepidation because Juolevi also had the highest floor his draft year.  He's not as zippy as Hughes (nor as small at 5'10 175 lbs), or skater like Boqvist, but he's no slouch either.   

Only Dahlin and Bouchard have to ability and or size and ability to play next year and make an impact.  

Dobson is also in the mix, an excellent skater for his size, and Uber skilled too, he has the stuff to play too if he can add some weight.

I don't think you should worry but I get that the upside isn't as high as Dahlin or Boqvist, possibly Hughes (too small) too.

1  -  Dahlin - Consensus BPA

2  -  Svechnikov - Scores every years not just one season, not a flight risk yet.

3  -  Zadina - Flashy with a good shot, first season in NA.

4/5 - Tkachuk - hard to go against so many scouting reports  

4/5 - Bouchard - Scoring leader on a very young team

6  -  Dobson - Playing on an older team

7  -  Wahlstrom - US development is sort of a "national" team.

I think any of these can step onto this team next year.

All these guys are over 6'

Hughes and Boqvist, size matters, Boqvist isn't doing much, few points, not much ice time, maybe around #20, Hughes around #15 - 20.

10 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

1  -  Dahlin - Consensus BPA

2  -  Svechnikov - Scores every years not just one season, not a flight risk yet.

3  -  Zadina - Flashy with a good shot, first season in NA.

4/5 - Tkachuk - hard to go against so many scouting reports  

4/5 - Bouchard - Scoring leader on a very young team

6  -  Dobson - Playing on an older team

7  -  Wahlstrom - US development is sort of a "national" team.

I think any of these can step onto this team next year.

All these guys are over 6'

Hughes and Boqvist, size matters, Boqvist isn't doing much, few points, not much ice time, maybe around #20, Hughes around #15 - 20.

I agree with you on your assessments of the top guys, they are all slam dunks IMO.  I'm also not high on Boqvist and Hughes, size does matter when it comes to defensemen, they need to be able to do more than play the puck.

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I agree with you on your assessments of the top guys, they are all slam dunks IMO.  I'm also not high on Boqvist and Hughes, size does matter when it comes to defensemen, they need to be able to do more than play the puck.

Ya, the team already has 4 dmen under 6'

Archived