The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres sign Mittelstadt

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2018/3/26/17164544/buffalo-sabres-sign-casey-mittelstadt-to-an-entry-level-contract

The Buffalo Sabres announced this morning they’ve signed 2017 eighth overall pick Casey Mittelstadt to a three-year entry-level contract. The 19-year-old forward will report to the Sabres by the end of the week according to TSN insider Bob McKenzie.

Hopefully this gives them a little boost to end their season and they win some games down the stretch here. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Hopefully this gives them a little boost to end their season and they win some games down the stretch here. 

But if we sign Gaudette, won't our boost cancel out their boost?

Edit:  No longer 'if'.  Gaudette just signed.

30 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

But if we sign Gaudette, won't our boost cancel out their boost?

Edit:  No longer 'if'.  Gaudette just signed.

Well hopefully CM moves the needle for them more than AG does for us. Just for the rest of this season, he can fall off a cliff after that for all I care. 

3 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

This seems rushed. I've heard that his university is having problems with the hockey program. Seems like that might be the reason. 
Maybe he goes down to the AHL for a year or two like A. Nylander.

This guy seems like he has a very big BUSTAROO sign all over him.  I see him starting with the Sabres next year (for the team to sell tickets and save face) then getting sent to the AHL for being just too horrible defensively.  

1 hour ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=bb5d22b764914745casey-mittelstadt.jpg

Great form. Give them a boost, then become a bust next season. 

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

I will be honest, prior to the draft, Casey Mittelstadt was one of the players I wanted the Canucks to select at 5th overall. Almost a year later, I'm happy we selected Elias Pettersson. I think most would agree that Pettersson wasn't on anyone's radar, as much of the focus was on Cody Glass and Gabriel Vilardi.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I will be honest, prior to the draft, Casey Mittelstadt was one of the players I wanted the Canucks to select at 5th overall. Almost a year later, I'm happy we selected Elias Pettersson. I think most would agree that Pettersson wasn't on anyone's radar, as much of the focus was on Cody Glass and Gabriel Vilardi.

Mittelstadt was one of my hopefuls as well. I was on the Pettersson train pretty early posting videos of him in the 2017 draft message board around the 2017 trade deadline trying to get the hype started. I had him and Mittelstadt both ahead of Vilardi and Glass. I was preaching skill and felt both EP and CM had more skill. Although had Mittelstadt had a phenomenal combine in terms of physical attributes I probably would have ranked him higher than EP.

Archived