The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Adam Gaudette

4 minutes ago, Qwags said:

"I don't know guys, do you really think he'll be happy here?" -Guardian, probably.

or  "Boston will offer sheet him and we' will lose him in 3 years" or "he's as good as gone when he's a Free agent"

I'm happy Gaudette signed, but I'm also a little disappointed. 
For a guy who just missed the playoffs, I'd have thought he would want to go play some meaningful hockey down with Utica. The situation would've been perfect, since they're dying for a scoring center. I'm sure the outcome isn't set in stone, and I totally get the monetary aspect behind the decision, but still... 

Oh well, let's see some of the Hockey Gaud, the father of the almight McJesus.

1 minute ago, Brobidus said:

For a guy who just missed the playoffs, I'd have thought he would want to go play some meaningful hockey down with Utica. The situation would've been perfect, since they're dying for a scoring center. I'm sure the outcome isn't set in stone, and I totally get the monetary aspect behind the decision, but still... 

Can he go down after the regular season? Someone on here said no but the tools at 1040 said yes. I believe the source here more lol. (Forget who it was but I respect their knowledge)

1 minute ago, Brobidus said:

Huh?

He's signed a 2-way deal, so it's up to the Canucks where to send him. Comets clinched a playoff spot, so I imagine he'll play out the season for Vancouver (to throw the fans a bone, and reward his great season), and then he'll be down to help Utica in the playoffs.

Just now, KyoNami said:

What's funny is that when you go back to his prospect page when he was drafted, almost everyone was writing him off as nothing. 

How much perspectives can change in 3 years

I wasn't writing him off or crowning him the next hockey guad. It's important we just let these guys play and support them if you like their game! 

I'm sure all the positive encoursgment from Canucks fans on twitter has been helpful and appreciated.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Can he go down after the regular season? Someone on here said no but the tools at 1040 said yes. I believe the source here more lol. (Forget who it was but I respect their knowledge)

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Huh?

He's signed a 2-way deal, so it's up to the Canucks where to send him. Comets clinched a playoff spot, so I imagine he'll play out the season for Vancouver (to throw the fans a bone, and reward his great season), and then he'll be down to help Utica in the playoffs.

As far as I'm aware (and I'm not at all in any way), if Adam plays a couple of games with the Canucks, he can't be sent down anymore because he wasn't papered into the Utica roster after the trade deadline. If we wanted him to play for Utica, he'd have had to sign an AHL/PTO and his ELC for next year. 

I hope you guys are right though! I'd love to see him do some damage.

3 hours ago, Brobidus said:

As far as I'm aware (and I'm not at all in any way), if Adam plays a couple of games with the Canucks, he can't be sent down anymore because he wasn't papered into the Utica roster after the trade deadline. If we wanted him to play for Utica, he'd have had to sign an AHL/PTO and his ELC for next year. 

I hope you guys are right though! I'd love to see him do some damage.

If that's the case, it sounds like a blunder by management. (Turns out it wasn't possible to paper him in previously.)

But the kid has absolutely earned the payday and year burned of his ELC. And it builds loyalty for the organization for the Canucks to offer it.

Woohoo! Some excitement to end the season. Kid has all the making of being a great core piece moving forward. Hopefully, he's able to continue to develop and become the player we all hope he can be. Doesn't need to be that guy right away. He's got some time to grow with the team over the next few years.

Archived