The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIM] RGMG 5.0

Baer.

Only issues deterring this league at the moment are because of 1. retention and 2. conditionals.

Solution(s):

1a. Grandfather in, after the Zaitsev trade, that you can't retain on any deal past one year remaining.  Reinforce this like it was in previous versions of RGMG. 

1b.  If not, set a limit as to how much a team can retain per season (12M total, for example).  This hopefully factors in the decision-making to retain on multi-year deals.

--

2a.  If GM 1 trades a conditional pick, move over both the current pick and conditional pick (what it becomes in the scenario that conditions are met) to GM 2's roster so that GM 1 doesn't accidentally (or knowingly, if they're scummy) trade the conditional pick.

2b.  Remove conditionals altogether and simply trade confirmed assets.

3 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Only issues deterring this league at the moment are because of 1. retention and 2. conditionals.

Solution(s):

1a. Grandfather in, after the Zaitsev trade, that you can't retain on any deal past one year remaining.  Reinforce this like it was in previous versions of RGMG. 

1b.  If not, set a limit as to how much a team can retain per season (12M total, for example).  This hopefully factors in the decision-making to retain on multi-year deals.

--

2a.  If GM 1 trades a conditional pick, move over both the current pick and conditional pick (what it becomes in the scenario that conditions are met) to GM 2's roster so that GM 1 doesn't accidentally (or knowingly, if they're scummy) trade the conditional pick.

2b.  Remove conditionals altogether and simply trade confirmed assets.

Agree 100%. Any trades after this point should be clear and enforced so there is no confusion.

Teams can only retain on 2 contracts at a time. Same as NHL. The Seabrook trade was vetoed because 1, Dallas was already retaining on 2 contracts and 2, it would have left Dallas with only 5 rostered defensemen.

I have a spreadsheet recording all retentions.

I feel this adds a bit more flexibility when trying to make a trade.

As far as conditional picks go, I think we should do away with those. It's just too much unnecessary confusion. All current conditionals will remain valid, but we will not be accepting conditions on draft picks forthwith.

If anybody has any more questions on salary retention please direct message me and I can clear up any confusion.

7 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Teams can only retain on 2 contracts at a time. Same as NHL. The Seabrook trade was vetoed because 1, Dallas was already retaining on 2 contracts and 2, it would have left Dallas with only 5 rostered defensemen.

I have a spreadsheet recording all retentions.

I feel this adds a bit more flexibility when trying to make a trade.

As far as conditional picks go, I think we should do away with those. It's just too much unnecessary confusion. All current conditionals will remain valid, but we will not be accepting conditions on draft picks forthwith.

If anybody has any more questions on salary retention please direct message me and I can clear up any confusion.

I was receiving demers back? So I would have has the same amount of defenseman and I could have called up any of my prospects. As for retention, I didn't know we couldn't trade our remaining contracts, and only two. That's my bad. Sorry.

1 minute ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

I was receiving demers back? So I would have has the same amount of defenseman and I could have called up any on my prospects. As for retention on two deal. I didn't know we couldn't trade our remaining contracts, and only two. That's my bad. Sorry.

Forsling was also part of the deal.

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

I'm a rebullding team looking to acquire as many picks, prospects and assets as possible.

The Pittsburgh Penguins organization got much better with this deal

You need to get down to 23 players. You can also send down wedgewood so he can get some games in.

e850eb89-6762-4ca4-bde0-98d3f12c7468_Large.png.76343fdda5142501733b26ae60f5b1cd.png

Daniel Sedin - Connor McDavid - Todd Bertuzzi

Dimitrij Jaskin - RNH - Phil Kessel 

Jamie McGinn - TJ Compher - Kyle Palmeiri

Jesper Fast - Brian Boyle - Alex Burrows

Alex Goligoski - Mike Green

Ben Hutton - Sami Vaatanen 

Marco Scandella - Matt Dumba 

Ben Bishop

Michael Hutchinson 

Updated Blues!

Teravainen - Krejci - Wheeler 
Jenner - Galchenyuk - Drouin