The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2018-2019

Tigs

Very strong performance this World Championship by The Nashville netminder! Very proud to say he is a Pred. We look forward to seeing his progression as the years unfold! This is a big off-season for Thatcher. We believe he is ready to take the next step and we are thrilled to have him in the Nashville organization!

Best of luck Thatcher as you continue your pursuit at the 2019 IIHF World Hockey Championships!

Go Demko Go!

NSN: Reports swirling the Nashville Predators may be taking calls on Vezina Nominee Goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy

Image result for andrei vasilevskiy

Nashville, Tennessee. (24-year-old Andrei Vasilevskiy)

Reports are coming in that the Nashville Predators have been fielding calls about the teams Vezina Nominee Goaltender. We have no way of confirming these reports but these discussions were not a talking point prior to the signing of New General Manager Rush17. We can't say for certain if the reports are true but we are hearing multiple sources in other organizations that Vasilevskiy's name has become a "consideration" as a possible trade chip by the Nashville Predators. 

One source who wished to remain anonymous confirmed with our news-breaking staff. That in fact Vasilevskiy has been quietly mentioned to be potentially available if the right package can be found. The Team's GM publically stated yesterday on Nashville Air that the team was discussing its internal cap situation and was trying to project how to fit many of their upcoming RFA's next summer. The team currently has six pending (RFA's) to sign in the summer of 2020 including 20-year-old Clayton Keller, 21-year-old Luke Kunin, 22-year-old Jake Virtanen, 24-year-old Anthony Mantha, and the aftermentioned 24-year-old Andrei Vasilevskiy.

Nashville GM Rush17 spoke with the media this morning to silence to try and silence the story. He claimed it was inaccurate information and suggested the reporter get more "solid sources" before reporting on such a nonsensical story. The narrative from the organization remains clear - It has no plans of moving on from the 24-yr-old Russian phenom but the chatter around the league makes some doubt. The team currently has 12.373 Million available and still a few roster spots to fill. The contracts of veteran centres Brandon Sutter (4.375M) and Tyler Bozak (4.375M) remain a regular talking point on Predators Air Waves. Some fans are speculating what could be done to clear out one or both of these contracts. 

The teams narrative is that they will stand pat with all pending RFA's heading into the draft. There is some question though whether or not this GM will wait for this team to be ready. Some media members from the national media circuit believe this GM could jumpstart this rebuild by making some major splashes in the trade market. Which could be true as this new GM has a reputation for being a GM who likes to wheel and deal. The GMs claims his plan here are to take this rebuild slowly but it is hard to predict if that is possible given his history. Today we saw the first players shipped out as the team sent fan favourite Alex Iafallo and forward Andrew Copp to Tampa Bay. In return, Nashville received 21-year-old forward Anthony Beauvillier and a 4th Round Pick in the 2020 EKL Entry Draft.

The Teams GM appeared giddy upon announcing the trade this evening at Bridgestone Arena. This trade has apparently been an ongoing trade conversation dating back to when the GM first took over the post.  Rush17 clearly is very high on the young 21-year-old Anthony Beauvillier. Some question though what the loss of Alex Iafallo and Andrew Copp will mean to the club heading into next season. There is a lot going on Nashville these past few weeks and the team is edging closer and closer to the 2019 Draft. The GM claims no move will be made on any of 2020 pending RFA's but the noise is starting to kick up about the potential availability of Goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy. We shall see what transpires! What a fun time to be a Nashville Predators fan.

What don't these media people get! Andrei Vasilevskiy is not on the block... and never will be on the block! He is the future of our hockey club. I repeat! We have Zero... I mean Zero interest in trading Andrei Vasilevskiy. Can you media people get a new act this is getting old.  :picard:

Spoiler

Image result for bill burr old man face

Spoiler

:bigblush:

Edited by Rush17

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, Tylez said:

Been doing it classic elimination style. To be different from other leagues based on how you finish or get eliminated each round of playoffs. Haven't been following the NHL system. Gotta have some things different from other leagues :P

If people are oppossed to this, then I can change it. But wanted things to be a little different 

I didn't really notice this before, but I definitely give it thumbs up.

• Like 1

2108841234_imageproxy(2).png.c075440c70c2f8eaf954ec49f2aaf7e6.png  Report: The Nashville Predators feel comfortable with the 13th overall draft selection. They are however open to offers as the team is not opposed to trading up or down within the Top 20. The team feels confident they will be able to find a very strong player with their first-round pick.

Still alive but looking forward to next year, Detroit is shopping Kyle Turris and Nick Leddy to open up cap room.

Additionally, we will take offers on Nikita Kucherov, but look to re-sign him. Any return would have to include high end players on contending teams

as i see trades of draft picks I will work hard to post asap to help keep things flowing and they will be posted in the main thread. ; ) 

what I really wanted to ask was 'who let squeak get that first overall pick? you know he is gonna slap us with it for a decade and a half. 

48 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

IMG_0360.PNG.08b7edcf33df7096154396c919bbe890.PNG

of course the image links would break my first trade post, none the less, soldier on!

To Columbus Blue Jackets @Tylez Nashville's 2020 third round selection. 

To team-18-dark.svg @Rush17: Anthony Duclair

The Nashville Predators would like to welcome Anthony Duclair to the Predators family. Anthony is an exciting pickup for our organization and we are extremely excited to have him join us here in Nashville. Anthony Duclair is a former 3rd Round Draft Pick by the Arizona Coyotes. Duclair is 23 years old and produced 19 goals -14 assists and 33 points in 74 Games this past season. We feel confident in Duclair's ability to create offence and are ecstatic to bring him into our young core.

Duclair (23) joins, Vasilevskiy (24), Mantha (24), Beauvillier (21), Virtanen (22), Kunin (21), Hagg (22), Demko (23), Theodore (23), and Keller (20) all on the teams NHL Roster. Our young core is growing and we are extremely excited for this addition and the ones ahead we will make to this core this EKL Entry Draft! 

Duclair has been signed by the club to a 1-year extension heading into the 2019-20 season.

• Upvote 1

OTT taking offers on 4th overall. Will hold up the draft until June unless my demands are met. Asking price is an A+ level prospect, 2 Elite NHL players with no less than a PPG each, a 2019 1st rounder, a 2020 1st rounder, and a 20 pack of assorted Timbits (no plain)

giphy.gif

• Haha 2