The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

• b3. featured this topic
Just now, b3. said:

At least they have been able to put a solid statistical season. I really didn't want to see them go out injured and performing poorly. I'm not trying to be rude, but it was time for this, that being said I'm very glad that I was old enough to watch them play throughout their whole career. They were rarer than a generational talent IMO.

They're going out having still been EXTREMELY capable players in a league that out paced them years ago. And that's pretty incredible in itself.

I didn't think I would feel as sad as I do. But, damn. I'll miss the twins a lot.

if it was yesterday ..it would have definitely been a bad april fool ..but today :( 

if true ...hats up to the twins. 

i became a nucks fan in 1998/99 ( thank you PS1 and EA Sports NHL 1998) and so the Twins  where kinda allways there since i´m a nucks fan.

2010/11 was the most exciting year and the cup was so close.

however...they had a great career and well .... if they feel its time to hang up the boots ...we re all have to live with this decision. 

anyways ..both were still good  for around 50 scorerpoints this season ...so one more year wouldn´t hurt 

thanks for all hank and dan 

greets from germany 

• -SN- pinned this topic
Just now, BananaMash said:

They're going out having still been EXTREMELY capable players in a league that out paced them years ago. And that's pretty incredible in itself.

I didn't think I would feel as sad as I do. But, damn. I'll miss the twins a lot.

For sure.

It will be interesting to see who takes over next season.

I've been saying that this will be their last year all season and bought extra tickets to the final home game as insurance but man is this still a sad day.  Amazing players, Amazing Canucks and Amazing citizens of this city. I'm so glad I will be there to share the last 2 games they play as Canucks!

I wish we had more notice, as selfish as that is. I would have made it into the city had I known they would be retiring. Thankful for everything they did, sad how much heat they took yet were always pros. Thanks boys. 

Archived