The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why am I shaking? 

All the people who wanted them gone got their wish. Going to be a long season without them. Was really hoping they would come back next year to help the young kids. I hope after a year off they end up in some type of role off the ice with the Nucks.

This is both devestating and heartwarming at the same time. Very proud of these two players and they’re two guys I have tried to model my life after since I was 11 years old. Thanks for everything, Henrik and Daniel. You will be sorely missed

It’s going to be sad to see them retire this year. They were a phenomenon the game had never seen before. Twin brothers with elite skill that always knew where the other one was on the ice without even looking. During their prime years they brought the most exciting and amazing Canucks Hockey that we had ever seen. Thanks for the memories! You will always be Canucks!

I was hoping they would sign for 1 more year

This makes my eyes water

Appreciate all they gave to the organization and wish them success in whatever their next endevours

Now can someone organize the Viking Clap  at the final home game

Well, I wanted them to stick around and keep adding to their impressive Canuck records, for Daniel to score his 400th and maybe get another medal or two at the World Championships.  Always sad to see great players hang up the skates.  And they still had some decent hockey left to play if they wanted to.

Anyway, it will be a very short wait for the jersey retirements, and probably not all that long until a Hall of Fame induction.

Archived