The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's two jackasses in Dallas that better be sending a letter of apology and two bottles of champagne. 

That's never going to happen. I think we, the fans, care more than they do.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Even though it was mostly expected and probably the right time... still feels like a kick in the stomach, kind of like when Linden was traded.

That was the low point for me. Bad enough guys like Gelinas were traded, and Messier was running the show. But to trade Linden. I know we got a great deal from it, but it still hurt. 

had a feeling this might be it, but it still feels bad it is their last season officially.  My last game to see them play was the Bruins game near Chinese New Year this yr. Saw them also at MSG when they played Rangers this season.  I won't be able to attend their last game.

end of an era, which for me was best part of being a nucks fan. I never paid attention to the 1994 run, was in Japan when they lost and found out on CNN that they were even in the SCF.  I became a real nux fan just before the WCE line was formed.  All the subsequent winning division titles, prez trophy and the 2011 run was magical.  They deserved the cup. Truly classy human beings that are worthy of respect.

i want to see their jerseys up the rafters asap. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Well, I wanted them to stick around and keep adding to their impressive Canuck records, for Daniel to score his 400th and maybe get another medal or two at the World Championships.  Always sad to see great players hang up the skates.  And they still had some decent hockey left to play if they wanted to.

Anyway, it will be a very short wait for the jersey retirements, and probably not all that long until a Hall of Fame induction.

i wonder if they will play for Sweden one last time after the regular season is over. 

Archived