The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

6 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Well, I wanted them to stick around and keep adding to their impressive Canuck records, for Daniel to score his 400th and maybe get another medal or two at the World Championships.  Always sad to see great players hang up the skates.  And they still had some decent hockey left to play if they wanted to.

Anyway, it will be a very short wait for the jersey retirements, and probably not all that long until a Hall of Fame induction.

He could still hit 400 this year. Cmon Daniel!! 

Man. It'll take some time before I really realize that the Sedins will be there no more. I pretty much only remember the Canucks with the Sedins on the roster. The first time I came in contact with hockey (it's not that common in my region of Germany) was the NHL 2002 video game. They were already there. 7 years later, Christian Ehrhoff was traded to the Canucks and I started following Canucks games. But the players that really caused me to become a Canucks fan were Daniel and Hendrik. They were something else. I will miss them dearly.

I hope they will play a part in the future of the franchise in coaching or management. They were not just great hockey players, they also seem to be fantastic human beings and I think the Canucks franchise would be at a miss to not involve them in the future of this franchise.

Only a matter of time for them to be inducted into the HOF.

Thanks for everything and all the best to you Dan & Hank! :unsure:

Bo is our next captain next year I assume.  Start of a new era. I remember quite clearly when Hank got the C.  

JB got a lot of work to do in off season. Big cap room freed up.  Wonder who he will bring in to help the young guys. 

Had a feeling it would happen, so I guess I was somewhat mentally prepared for such an event.

The good news is the part they wrote about how they'll still be around in the community, so while they won't be on the ice after the season, they won't completely disappear either.  And they've more than earned the right to attend their kids' birthday parties, hockey/soccer practices and so on.

Much respect to them; as everyone knows, great players and even better people off the ice.

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Bo is our next captain next year I assume.  Start of a new era. I remember quite clearly when Hank got the C.  

JB got a lot of work to do in off season. Big cap room freed up.  Wonder who he will bring in to help the young guys. 

I feel like it is going to be Bo. But for some reason my gut has a weird feeling about JB's obsession with Guddy.

This is truly disappointing, albeit completely fine.  You cannot fault them as they've given their entire career to the city, the fans and the team.  I personally want to say that I've enjoyed watching the both of you as class acts and you've led this organization through the bad and the good with honor and distinction.  #22 and #33 deserve to be raised into the rafters together! Just as they started!

Archived