The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Tyler Bozak

I can see Bozak with Pettersson being a good duo.

Eriksson - Bozak - Pettersson

Lepisic - Bozak - Pettersson

Goldobin - Bozak - Pettersson

none of those wingers scream off the page tho.

Baerstchi - Bozak - Petersson

Baer or Eriksson could be good fits.  Feel we lack some grit on that line.  But if it scores do you really need it?  Goldie or Leipsic with bo and Boeser be fine by me.  I feel Eriksson will be given an opportunity to play with Pettersson if they got a good center. Bozak played top C role with Kessell and leafs back in the day. Could be a good 2nd line. bozak hasn't been strong in the faceoff circle in tonight's game it seems. Haven't seen the stats but i haven't seen him win much.

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I can see Bozak with Pettersson being a good duo.

Eriksson - Bozak - Pettersson

Lepisic - Bozak - Pettersson

Goldobin - Bozak - Pettersson

none of those wingers scream off the page tho.

Baerstchi - Bozak - Petersson

Looking at our projected lineup next year makes you realize how badly we need a player like Brady Tkachuk.

Speed and skill are good but you still need the big bodied power forwards.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Looking at our projected lineup next year makes you realize how badly we need a player like Brady Tkachuk.

Speed and skill are good but you still need the big bodied power forwards.

If we draft second, would we take Tkatchuk over Svenchikov?  

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We would be retarded to do that. So we might just do that. Svech is an absolute monster. Malkin-Hossa hybrid. 

Tkachuk is going to be a beast too. I think he will make his money scoring goals down low. His passing surprisingly is pretty good as well. NCAA is a better league so we need to keep that in mind as well, when taking in to account his statistics. 

5 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

No way we already have gadjovich in our system and Virtanen looks to be getting better every game.

You take best player available and that seems to be svechnikov 

Gadjovich is a couple of seasons sway at least from making the team, BT could potentially step in right away. He's not my favourite pick, but I did hear on 650 that Jim is high on the kid. 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I think we have some future, bottom 4 D depth and then OJ (so I somewhat agree on needing top pair guys).

Beyond that, a lot of 'potential' guys. By all means we should have a clearer picture come July 2019 but if we're still lacking a top 4 RD that can QB a PP I'd look long and hard at a guy like Ellis to supplement our emerging core all day, any day.

I wouldn't be upset if we signed Ellis or the other top 4 D at reasonable contracts. The way I see it now is that Edler and Tanev/Gudbranson should be on the second pairing while Stecher and Gudbranson/Tanev on the the bottom pairing. If we have a solid top pair, those dmen will be in minutes and roles that suit them and make the defense harder to play against. Bumping them up and having Hutton and Pouliot in the bottom pair is what's making the quality lower. This is not to say Hutton and Pouliot cannot improve and have a role, but based on last season, that was the weakness IMO. Until Juolevi gets used to the NHL and if we ever find another elusive #1/top 2 dman (please be Dahlin), signing more top 4 guys and propelling them into higher roles that don't suit them will keep us where we are at. Signing a guy like Ellis (or if one of our prospects develop into a decent NHLer, which I would ideally prefer) to eventually replace the loss of Tanev for example, I would be perfectly fine with, but IMO it won't solve the problem that we have.

14 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I wouldn't be upset if we signed Ellis or the other top 4 D at reasonable contracts. The way I see it now is that Edler and Tanev/Gudbranson should be on the second pairing while Stecher and Gudbranson/Tanev on the the bottom pairing. If we have a solid top pair, those dmen will be in minutes and roles that suit them and make the defense harder to play against. Bumping them up and having Hutton and Pouliot in the bottom pair is what's making the quality lower. This is not to say Hutton and Pouliot cannot improve and have a role, but based on last season, that was the weakness IMO. Until Juolevi gets used to the NHL and if we ever find another elusive #1/top 2 dman (please be Dahlin), signing more top 4 guys and propelling them into higher roles that don't suit them will keep us where we are at. Signing a guy like Ellis (or if one of our prospects develop into a decent NHLer, which I would ideally prefer) to eventually replace the loss of Tanev for example, I would be perfectly fine with, but IMO it won't solve the problem that we have.

You're talking about the immediate future, I'm talking 2019 +.

Next year's D frankly doesn't vastly matter. 

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

No way we already have gadjovich in our system and Virtanen looks to be getting better every game.

You take best player available and that seems to be svechnikov 

Seems to be but time will tell.

Either way we're not likely going to be picking top 3. We'll be lucky if he's even available when we pick.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

You're talking about the immediate future, I'm talking 2019 +.

Next year's D frankly doesn't vastly matter. 

Point still stands, Ellis will be a top 4 player if/when one of our current guys are gone. Still need that top pairing talent. His price tag may not be equivalent to his worth come free agency, so we will see how much he will fetch. Need to be careful in how we spend our cap long term if our prospects start living up to their potential.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:01 PM, Ronaldoescobar said:

We may be able to land Bozek but it would probably cost us 6M per plus he would need to be named captain after the Sedins are gone. Could he be the one to lead the team to the cup?

1) No       2) Hell no        3) Fentanyl is very dangerous

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

15 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

my money would be on Jim picking BT. 

Not a snowballs chance in hell.  

Svech is a very special player.  

Tkachuk........ isn’t.  Lol.  

The kid is full of question marks and holes. 

9 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Not a snowballs chance in hell.  

Svech is a very special player.  

Tkachuk........ isn’t.  Lol.  

The kid is full of question marks and holes. 

Which one of BT or Sven can become a center?  If we are drafting that high, I'm wondering if we (maybe?) should draft a potential center or a D if neither of those two guys could be a center?  

Archived