The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Tyler Bozak

33 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Canucks Army did a great piece on some alternative options we may not have considered. Highly recommend it, it's a great article.

Those aren't UFAs.  Reinhart...Rask.....

I mean, we can all form a wishlist of NHL players under contract to acquire by trade - but these are UFA targets we're talking about.

If we're going to identify trade targets - sure, add Brock Nelson, Boone Jenner, etc, etc to the wishlist.

UFAs - Beagle, Richardson, Nash, Ryan, Vermette,....someone affordable.

This $6 million rumour for Bozak is a delusional ask imo.  Would be surprised to see anyone give him that, even if for only one year.

May as well re-up with Toronto.

I would laugh my arse off if Bozak stands his ground wanting 6 million and full term.

And then on July 2nd he shakes his head to get himself out of his delusion and notices he still hasn't been signed. Then he has to go knocking on doors for shorter term and less money.

That has happened a couple times over the past few free agent frenzy periods. I find it hilarious when it does happen. 

14 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would laugh my arse off if Bozak stands his ground wanting 6 million and full term.

And then on July 2nd he shakes his head to get himself out of his delusion and notices he still hasn't been signed. Then he has to go knocking on doors for shorter term and less money.

That has happened a couple times over the past few free agent frenzy periods. I find it hilarious when it does happen. 

*cough* Cody Franson *cough*

On 4/19/2018 at 7:59 PM, DeNiro said:

Looking at our projected lineup next year makes you realize how badly we need a player like Brady Tkachuk.

Speed and skill are good but you still need the big bodied power forwards.

Everyone seems to forget about a kid called Virtanen who, last I looked, was still a Vancouver Canuck.   The way he played in the last half of last season showed a nice glimpse into the player he is becoming and how he can be everything you want from a big bodied guy with the added advantage of being one of the fastest skaters in the entire league.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Everyone seems to forget about a kid called Virtanen who, last I looked, was still a Vancouver Canuck.   The way he played in the last half of last season showed a nice glimpse into the player he is becoming and how he can be everything you want from a big bodied guy with the added advantage of being one of the fastest skaters in the entire league.

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Why do I have a feeling Tyler Bozak is going to end up in Montreal. Lol

He'd be a good signing for Montreal imo (assuming the terms aren't insane).

There is a lot of room in Montreal for a center like Bozak.

They need virtually everything that he brings - a good two way center and faceoff guy.   The Habs have Danault and Shaw - Bozak may not be ideal, but they're probably not getting ideal - and imo they don't have the assets (aside from perhaps Pacioretty) to be spending on a top 6 center.....iif I were their owner I'd have fired Bergevin by now, for a number of reasons, one of them being the additions of a pair of wingers for a center and a defenseman, not really addressing needs, and leaving them with a bunch of parts still requiring an actual build.

Drouin is a horrible option at center - should remain a winger conversion - weak faceoff guy, weak defensive forward - precisely the type of player Bozak is used to propping up for years in Toronto.

something like:

Pacioretty Danault Gallagher

Domi Bozak Drouin

Byron Shaw Lekhonen

Hudon DeLaRose/UFA Scherbak

It still aint pretty, but imo far better than trying to make a 1C of Drouin.  Still need to shift the lot of C down a line, but....maybe Kotkaniemi accomplishes that in due course?

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He'd be a good signing for Montreal imo (assuming the terms aren't insane).

There is a lot of room in Montreal for a center like Bozak.

They need virtually everything that he brings - a good two way center and faceoff guy.   The Habs have Danault and Shaw - Bozak may not be ideal, but they're probably not getting ideal - and imo they don't have the assets (aside from perhaps Pacioretty) to be spending on a top 6 center.....iif I were their owner I'd have fired Bergevin by now, for a number of reasons, one of them being the additions of a pair of wingers for a center and a defenseman, not really addressing needs, and leaving them with a bunch of parts still requiring an actual build.

Drouin is a horrible option at center - should remain a winger conversion - weak faceoff guy, weak defensive forward - precisely the type of player Bozak is used to propping up for years in Toronto.

something like:

Pacioretty Danault Gallagher

Domi Bozak Drouin

Byron Shaw Lekhonen

Hudon DeLaRose/UFA Scherbak

It still aint pretty, but imo far better than trying to make a 1C of Drouin.  Still need to shift the lot of C down a line, but....maybe Kotkaniemi accomplishes that in due course?

Bozak would definitely be good for the Habs.  (I don't see Druoin as a center.)  

Archived