• Announcements

    • StealthNuck

      Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

      These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

      Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

      SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
CRAZY_4_NAZZY

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Tyler Bozak

Recommended Posts

On 2018-06-25 at 7:17 PM, coryberg said:

:huh:

Screenshot_20180625-191550_Chrome.jpg

Ummmmm 

953D57DF-2645-4E54-9C25-11085E31645A.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Canucks Army did a great piece on some alternative options we may not have considered. Highly recommend it, it's a great article.

 

 

Those aren't UFAs.  Reinhart...Rask.....

 

I mean, we can all form a wishlist of NHL players under contract to acquire by trade - but these are UFA targets we're talking about.

If we're going to identify trade targets - sure, add Brock Nelson, Boone Jenner, etc, etc to the wishlist.

 

UFAs - Beagle, Richardson, Nash, Ryan, Vermette,....someone affordable.

 

This $6 million rumour for Bozak is a delusional ask imo.  Would be surprised to see anyone give him that, even if for only one year.

 

May as well re-up with Toronto.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would laugh my arse off if Bozak stands his ground wanting 6 million and full term.

 

And then on July 2nd he shakes his head to get himself out of his delusion and notices he still hasn't been signed. Then he has to go knocking on doors for shorter term and less money.

 

That has happened a couple times over the past few free agent frenzy periods. I find it hilarious when it does happen. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would laugh my arse off if Bozak stands his ground wanting 6 million and full term.

 

And then on July 2nd he shakes his head to get himself out of his delusion and notices he still hasn't been signed. Then he has to go knocking on doors for shorter term and less money.

 

That has happened a couple times over the past few free agent frenzy periods. I find it hilarious when it does happen. 

*cough* Cody Franson *cough*

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, oldnews said:

May as well re-up with Toronto.

Can't, need it for Tavares.

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do I have a feeling Tyler Bozak is going to end up in Montreal. Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Why do I have a feeling Tyler Bozak is going to end up in Montreal. Lol

had the same thought. 'cuz Bergevin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

 

What a frickin beast!

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What a frickin beast!

if Jake can do that every now and then and put up 40 pts I'll be happy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if Jake can do that every now and then and put up 40 pts I'll be happy 

Prepare to be happy

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Why do I have a feeling Tyler Bozak is going to end up in Montreal. Lol

He'd be a good signing for Montreal imo (assuming the terms aren't insane).

 

There is a lot of room in Montreal for a center like Bozak.

 

They need virtually everything that he brings - a good two way center and faceoff guy.   The Habs have Danault and Shaw - Bozak may not be ideal, but they're probably not getting ideal - and imo they don't have the assets (aside from perhaps Pacioretty) to be spending on a top 6 center.....iif I were their owner I'd have fired Bergevin by now, for a number of reasons, one of them being the additions of a pair of wingers for a center and a defenseman, not really addressing needs, and leaving them with a bunch of parts still requiring an actual build.

 

Drouin is a horrible option at center - should remain a winger conversion - weak faceoff guy, weak defensive forward - precisely the type of player Bozak is used to propping up for years in Toronto.

 

something like:

 

Pacioretty Danault Gallagher

Domi Bozak Drouin

Byron Shaw Lekhonen

Hudon DeLaRose/UFA Scherbak

 

It still aint pretty, but imo far better than trying to make a 1C of Drouin.  Still need to shift the lot of C down a line, but....maybe Kotkaniemi accomplishes that in due course?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He'd be a good signing for Montreal imo (assuming the terms aren't insane).

 

There is a lot of room in Montreal for a center like Bozak.

 

They need virtually everything that he brings - a good two way center and faceoff guy.   The Habs have Danault and Shaw - Bozak may not be ideal, but they're probably not getting ideal - and imo they don't have the assets (aside from perhaps Pacioretty) to be spending on a top 6 center.....iif I were their owner I'd have fired Bergevin by now, for a number of reasons, one of them being the additions of a pair of wingers for a center and a defenseman, not really addressing needs, and leaving them with a bunch of parts still requiring an actual build.

 

Drouin is a horrible option at center - should remain a winger conversion - weak faceoff guy, weak defensive forward - precisely the type of player Bozak is used to propping up for years in Toronto.

 

something like:

 

Pacioretty Danault Gallagher

Domi Bozak Drouin

Byron Shaw Lekhonen

Hudon DeLaRose/UFA Scherbak

 

It still aint pretty, but imo far better than trying to make a 1C of Drouin.  Still need to shift the lot of C down a line, but....maybe Kotkaniemi accomplishes that in due course?

Bozak would definitely be good for the Habs.  (I don't see Druoin as a center.)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can totally see the Laffs signing Bozak once Tavares signs with another team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

image.png.adabf3514cbfca96f771e5ea615074df.png

I think this is pretty far off

Edited by BKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.