The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Tyler Bozak

7 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Consistent 45-50 pt guy and good on faceoffs. Id take him on a short deal. Only open the Bank for Kane and Carlson. 

Yeah. I like Kane and Carlson too.  All comes down to term that goes with those dollar bills.  Kane.. I hope he wants to come here. He looks pretty comfortable in San Jose.

37 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Hell no to Bozak. 

I'd be open to getting Kane or JVR but no to everyone else. Or getting a stud defenseman like John Carlsson.

A 'good' thing about Bozak would be that we could probably nab him for 2'ish years where other guys are likely going to require 4+ year deals.

I'd still like us to kick tires on E. Kane and M. Green personally. We nab a guy like Green and it makes it easier to trade Tanev as well.

Would prefer we stayed away from Bozak. Having said that, I can see management wanting to bring in a vet with the twins retiring. I’d prefer they didn’t, but as long as they were to only bring in one instead of two to replace both Sedins, I could live with it. It would still leave a roster spot and some decent ice time for a younger player.

38 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Let the Post-Sedin era replacement rumors begin.

I would like to see us add Kane Stastny and depending on the draft at least one D. Wouldn't mind getting Domi in a trade. The 3 replace the twins and baer if they don't see him in the plans longterm. My dream would be JC and JT. I know everyone says they won't come here cause we suck, well adding those two along with all the blue-chip kids plus our pick this year and the progression of BO and Brock would surely make us at least in the hunt for a wild card and were only going to get better. We also have a ton of space to play with money talks.

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Yeah. I like Kane and Carlson too.  All comes down to term that goes with those dollar bills.  Kane.. I hope he wants to come here. He looks pretty comfortable in San Jose.

I think Carlsson's going to cost too much $$ and term. I think we could maybe nab Green for a shorter term and hopefully have him fill the gap until D prospects arrive.

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I think if we added Kane Carlson and Stastny we would be instant playoff contenders. I expect Marky and Demko to push each other and take a big step next year.  

I'll be surprised if Stastny isn't re-signed by Winnipeg.

Bozak is quite under-rated - and has been for some time.

A good target at the right price and term imo.  Fits the bill of a hard-working, two way player that could be a solid complement to the young guys he'd likely be playing with.

Yes to Bozak..whoever scouted that option is talented..I am for sure that his skill set would help this young canuck team..Bozak is great at what the canucks will need...he has a few good years yet to go... Bozak played with Benn in junior and they made unbelievable hockey plays...

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'll be surprised if Stastny isn't re-signed by Winnipeg.

Bozak is quite under-rated - and has been for some time.

A good target at the right price and term imo.  Fits the bill of a hard-working, two way player that could be a solid complement to the young guys he'd likely be playing with.

With Laine up for an extension as soon as this summer plus all the talent the Jets have, I think signing him isn't realistic. I would love to see him here over Bozak

4 minutes ago, bp79 said:

With Laine up for an extension as soon as this summer plus all the talent the Jets have, I think signing him isn't realistic. I would love to see him here over Bozak

seems as though (NHL numbers) they have $6.5 million of cap space, with Enstrom and Matthias expiring (another 7.9 million) - so who knows.

They do have a number of RFAs though beyond Laine - Trouba, Morrisey, Hellebuyck, Lowry.

The price they paid for him might suggest they had longer term intentions though.

28 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Why is no one mentioning Tavares? Easily the best UFA available this summer and the Nucks do have the cap space. Not sure if he would even come here or if he's what this team needs moving forward but come on how do you leave him off that list.

In terms of Bozak, thats a hard pass for me. He's not good enough to take Bo or Sutter's spot and would rather leave the other C spot to Peterson or Gaudette. We have lots of 3-4 centers on the team besides Bozak is old and is counter intuitive to the youth movement. 

39 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If we get Bozak. Does that mark Sutter as a moveable asset next season?

Horvat

Bozak

Gaudette

Sutter

Pettersson starts on wing. Edler for captian imo.

Why? What has Edler ever done to show captain qualities?

When the twins announced their retirement, you know damned well the equipment guys were thinking 'Should we just sew the C on Bo's jersey now?'

3 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Why is no one mentioning Tavares? Easily the best UFA available this summer and the Nucks do have the cap space. Not sure if he would even come here or if he's what this team needs moving forward but come on how do you leave him off that list.

44 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

We will almost certainly add a UFA, but I think we go after a bigger ticket -- EKane, and unless the Isles resign him, better believe inquiries will be made about Tavares.  Rumours of Eriksson moving on will only increase that likelihood.

FWIW, there was some buzz last weekend from back east about him not re-upping.  The cap is going up but unless teams do some big dumping the Canucks would have to be considered a front-runner.  Considering the direction of the team now, it's a good situation to come into.

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think Carlsson's going to cost too much $$ and term. I think we could maybe nab Green for a shorter term and hopefully have him fill the gap until D prospects arrive.

I would throw an 8 x 8 at Carlson. But I think he probably gets closer to 9 mill per year and I don’t think Jim will go that high. 

As for Bozak, I imagine he would want 4-5 years. If Canucks can overpay him on a shorter term contract, say 1-2 years at 5 mill per, then I’d go for it. But any longer and I think Jim should pass. He’ll probably get something like 4 yr 4 - 4.5 mill

Archived