The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Tyler Bozak

1 minute ago, mll said:

Thornton hasn't played since mid-January and they've still been winning without him.  The NHL just had an article up on how the Sharks are transitioning to the next core.  They are hoping to keep Kane.

Kane and the Sharks have both said they are still in a feeling out mode. Slim chance he doesn't test the market,  As for Joe from what I have heard is he like the twins will dictate if he comes back or not.

Just now, bp79 said:

Kane and the Sharks have both said they are still in a feeling out mode. Slim chance he doesn't test the market,  As for Joe from what I have heard is he like the twins will dictate if he comes back or not.

I thought his comments on hockey being about conformity and finally being comfortable interesting.  The Sharks are more relaxed and allow him to be himself.  

8 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Remember too that apparently the Sharks were the only ones to give a serious or significant offer for him.  Perhaps he finds it a perfect fit and re-ups, but have to think he goes UFA now that he has the opportunity.  No real reason for him not to; he can always circle back to them.

56 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Totally agree with Carlson, the D could use a new look and maybe someone to wrestle some minutes from Edler who needs a reduced role moving forward

In terms of Bozak I don't think he's worth 5 mil. Would you pay Gagner 5Mil a season? They've put up comparable numbers over the past couple years(including this year) and TB 4 years older then SG. The SG signing gets enough flack around here, I could only imagine what would happen if we gave Bozak 5 mil.

Bozak is definitely not worth 5 million per year. but on a short term contract te Canucks can afford to heavily over pay stop Gap players. An overpaid contract and a bad contract are two different things. Anders Nilsson is over paid, but it’s a good contract as he’s a stop gap till Demko is ready. Brandon Sutter is over paid, but it’s a good contract as he can take on hard D-zone minutes to shelter young guys and bring them in gradually. LE Eriksson is overpaid, and it’s a bad contract because it it has long term consequences in JB futures UFA and RFA signings. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hard pass, we have limited roster spots as it is, even with the Sedins retiring.  Horvat, Pettersson, Sutter, Gaudette, Granlund, Gaunce can certainly fulfill C duties.

We will almost certainly add a UFA, but I think we go after a bigger ticket -- EKane, and unless the Isles resign him, better believe inquiries will be made about Tavares.  Rumours of Eriksson moving on will only increase that likelihood.

he's moving on............

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Bozak is definitely not worth 5 million per year. but on a short term contract te Canucks can afford to heavily over pay stop Gap players. An overpaid contract and a bad contract are two different things. Anders Nilsson is over paid, but it’s a good contract as he’s a stop gap till Demko is ready. Brandon Sutter is over paid, but it’s a good contract as he can take on hard D-zone minutes to shelter young guys and bring them in gradually. LE Eriksson is overpaid, and it’s a bad contract because it it has long term consequences in JB futures UFA and RFA signings. 

We already have Sutter playing that defensive number two centre role, so Bozek (who I actually like as a player) would be redundant.  

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We already have Sutter playing that defensive number two centre role, so Bozek (who I actually like as a player) would be redundant.  

Agreed. But he’s also the best option for a 2nd line centre available on the FA market right now. I would prefer Pettersson step in to fill the hole, but if management wants to work him in gradually, Bozak is the best they will get

Edit: should keep in mind as well that the only players who played centre for every game they were available this year were Horvat, Henrik, Sutter, and Dowd (when in the lineup). I don’t think Green would want to rely on gagner/Gaunce/grandlund/ to be and everyday middle 6 centre. I think he likes all those guys better on the wing. I know he uses Gagner for face off duty sometimes since he’s a righthanded shot but ten he moves back to right wing after the draw. That’s why I think they want Bozak. 

Personally i I would hope for a line of:

baertschi- gagner -pettersson

to be maybe the third line next year until pettersson shows he is ready to be the centre and then switch it around, but Green may not be so willing. 

I'd be nice to have another veteran centre for next season, but Bozak is another Sutter imo. And in 2 years we won't want either of them on the team. Whoever they look at down the middle has to be looking for a short-term deal.

I'd rather them go after scoring on the wings in JVR; bring Vanek back, and then see how Pettersson looks.

Rotating Granlund and Sutter is an acceptable short-term solution at 2C for now on team that's gonna be a loser anyhow. Gaudette could benefit from alternating looks with skilled guys as well.

7 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Agreed. But he’s also the best option for a 2nd line centre available on the FA market right now. I would prefer Pettersson step in to fill the hole, but if management wants to work him in gradually, Bozak is the best they will get

Sutter is already playing that role.  TG uses Sutter to shut down the other team’s top centre.  Bozek would be good at that too, but we don’t need him. 

Bo

Sutter

Pettersson

Gaudette

we also have Granlund and Gaunce who are viable options for 3 and 4 to allow the two younger guys to start on the wing, and move gradually to centre.  

3 hours ago, Tyndall2 said:

No to Bozak.  Let our young guys play.  Need a key man back on the point for the power play though.  Someone with a shot that opposing players will not want to block.

Agreed. We need players who will compliment our young guys.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sutter is already playing that role.  TG uses Sutter to shut down the other team’s top centre.  Bozek would be good at that too, but we don’t need him. 

Bo

Sutter

Pettersson

Gaudette

we also have Granlund and Gaunce who are viable options for 3 and 4 to allow the two younger guys to start on the wing, and move gradually to centre.  

Alf I agree with everything you’re saying. however, I don’t think JB does. So if he must sign a UFA centre, I hope it’s Bozak

2 hours ago, SedinMadness said:

we need a mix. vets and youths. we nee some ufa's.

We have plenty of vets.  Eriksson + Gagner = 9 million reasons why I don't want anymore UFA's coming here. 

14 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

We have plenty of vets.  Eriksson + Gagner = 9 million reasons why I don't want anymore UFA's coming here. 

No more redundant UFAs that's for sure. Maybe a one year for a UFA that would have deadline value. 

gross bozak hell no why would we want leaf trash  youth movement id resign jussi jokinen  @ 1mill 

trade tanev   baertchi and sutter for a first and a second and a second 

sign carlsson  and kane 2yr deals 7 mill each and tavare 8 mill 11 mill

petersson tavares brock

kane bo virtanen  

goldobin gaudette jokinen 

leipsic gaunce eriksson 

edler carlsson

juolevi guddy

delzotto stecher

sautner 

markstrom

demko

2 first rounders 3 seconds plus gritty talentted roster maybe get lucky at lotto and win dahlen sweepstakes 

11 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

gross bozak hell no why would we want leaf trash  youth movement id resign jussi jokinen  @ 1mill 

trade tanev   baertchi and sutter for a first and a second and a second 

sign carlsson  and kane 2yr deals 7 mill each and tavare 8 mill 11 mill

petersson tavares brock

kane bo virtanen  

goldobin gaudette jokinen 

leipsic gaunce eriksson 

edler carlsson

juolevi guddy

delzotto stecher

sautner 

markstrom

demko

2 first rounders 3 seconds plus gritty talentted roster maybe get lucky at lotto and win dahlen sweepstakes 

There is this thing called a "Cap". Boeser is easily going to get a Pastrnak contract next year. I say we follow the rebuild, maybe try and convince a power forward like Kane to sign/believe in this team. A lot of decisions will depend on draft position this year. 

4 minutes ago, KKnight said:

There is this thing called a "Cap". Boeser is easily going to get a Pastrnak contract next year. I say we follow the rebuild, maybe try and convince a power forward like Kane to sign/believe in this team. A lot of decisions will depend on draft position this year. 

that team would have cap space to resign boeser even with cap not going up

tradding sutter and tanev  opens up a ton  

Archived