The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Coyotes @ Nucks - A New Hope

xereau

$_20.JPG

W5Mh3lq.png

iSfuZc1.png

This is going to be one for the ages.  I think everyone will remember this for a long time.

First of all, thank you Brian Burke.  I have not had many good things to say about you.  But thank you for putting together this era of the Sedins.  Your wizardry at the draft will never be forgotten.  Looking back at those kids and what has happened since seems like a blur.  Where has the time gone?

But most importantly thank you to the Sedins. I was among those calling for their retirement at the beginning of this season.  I was, tongue in cheek, memeing it up with the worst, and best of them.  But now that the time has actually come, I am having a hard time coming to terms with what this means as a fan of this team.  This is like graduating university all over again.  A weight has been lifted.  And the weight of uncertainty has jumped right back on all of our shoulders.

But there is hope.  There are some incredible young guys coming up to replace the best players this franchise has ever seen.  Pettersson and Boeser are going to carry this team.  Bo already has the team on his back.  We are going to see new heroes emerge from nowhere in the next few seasons.  And we are going to have to say goodbye to a few more.

THIS GAME IS IMPORTANT.  TAKE IT IN.  REMEMBER IT WELL.

So long, and thanks for all the Swedish Fish, Henrik and Daniel.

For those of you going tonight, it's going to be hard fighting back tears as they skate out prior to the anthems.. I was at Tuesday's game and when they skated out to Where The Streets Have No Name, and them being the first skaters (aside from Markstrom) on the ice, it was hard to not fight back tears and get emotional

It's not even 9am and I'm already trying to hold back tears. I am absolutely going to lose it tonight. I feel so fortunate and so blessed I was able to make it to Van in December and watch the twins live at home in what has now become their final season. 

I am gutted, but so happy for the memories. Truly the end of an era. But I'm also excited for what the future holds. 

I'm wearing my Canucks scarf and earrings with pride at work today, and my boyfriend is wearing his Daniel jersey to school. We're ready! :towel:

As much as this is the last game for the Sedins it is a vital game for Arizona because if they win they will not finish DFL in the western conference.  They can win today and get a point in Anaheim who will likely rest many vets now that their playoff spot is assured.

I am sure Green will give them 20+ minutes of ice time.

It will be interesting what the Canucks management does, the team will be honoring them next year but there should be a small ceremony tonight.

Arizona wins but the Sedins get some points.

.Couldn't help myself,  but I'm sure I won't regret it.  Around 10 pm last night I was sitting comfortably with my Girlfriend in our livingroom up here in the Kootenay's,  I looked at her and said "let's take the day off tomorrow and drive to Vancouver and watch Henrik and Daniel play their last Game at Rogers Arena".  

So here I am typing this out while i sit in the car waiting for her to grab us Coffee from Oso Negro in beautiful Nelson B.C. and then we're on the Way!

We can't wait to share this special moment with all Canuck fans and Bid Two of the greatest players to ever lace em up Farewell.  GCG!!

I think the NHL and many of the players in it are truly realizing what they are losing this week. Honor, fortitude, humility, sportsmanship, and an almost unquantifiable level of hockey intelligence.

These two men lived by those principles during their time in the league, and upon their unbelievably graceful and selfless exit, there will be a gaping hole left.

The Sedins knew it was time to move on, and made a decision for not only themselves and their families, but for the team as well. The maturity it took to make that decision is rare these days. They have left an imprint on the team that will embolden the young core going forward and lead them to glory.

It's times like these when I realize how great it is to be a fan of the Canucks.

Archived