The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Humboldt Broncos Involved in Bus Crash

Rate this topic

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/rcmp-dealing-crash-involving-humboldt-broncos-hockey-team/

NIPAWIN, Sask. — RCMP say they are at the scene of a fatal collision involving a truck and a bus carrying a hockey team northeast of Saskatoon.

Details on how many people are dead or injured have not been released.

The Nipawin Hawks of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League say the crash involved the team bus of the Humboldt Broncos.

The league says a game between the two teams set for tonight has been postponed.

STARS air ambulance has confirmed that they sent two helicopters to the scene.

RCMP say the highway will blocked for several hours and are urging drivers to avoid the area.

Reminds me of the Sift Current Broncos crash years ago.:sadno:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheRick said:

I heard from someone that lives in that area saying that as much as 5 people, mostly players, died and maybe more? Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in that accident:(.

:( reports are 14 dead, 

What a tragety. This is extremely sad.

My Grandpa was from Humboldt, we visited his relatives there years ago. It's a very small town.

This will be absolutely devastating for the community. 

Sending my love to the players, families and community. This is awful news. 

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just horrible news. These stories have always affected me but even moreso since becoming a father. My heart goes out to the families. I honestly can’t even imagine what they’re going through.

It’s always in the back of your mind when you put your kids on a bus somewhere and you just have to trust they’ll arrive safe. But you’re never really OK until you either hear they’ve reached their destination or you see their faces again when they come off the bus on their return trip. 

So gutted every time that team photo comes up in the tweets and news items with all those kids and their bright shining faces.

Bolded for truth, Sid. Your words ring true to me. 

You never want to stop your kids from doing what they love. But always have these types of fears in the back of your mind.

I can't even... Man, this is super sad. My screen's going blurry

Every last person in Humboldt has a connection to a player on that team. Sending love, again. 

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/multiple-fatalities-in-bus-crash-involving-saskatchewan-junior-hockey-team-1.3875235

Says 3 air ambulances and when asked how many fatalities they said they didnt know but each air ambulance can carry 2 people. Sounds like there are up to 6 deaths. 

i'm not quite sure that is why the air ambulances are sent

they are sent to deal with critically injured... so they can get more prompt attention and quicker delivery to local hospital

i'm thinking there are likely 6 badly injured . still living victims.. needing urgent attention

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/multiple-fatalities-in-bus-crash-involving-saskatchewan-junior-hockey-team-1.3875235

Says 3 air ambulances and when asked how many fatalities they said they didnt know but each air ambulance can carry 2 people. Sounds like there are up to 6 deaths. 

I think our whole nation is in prayer, just hoping for these kids.

14 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i'm not quite sure that is why the air ambulances are sent

they are sent to deal with critically injured... so they can get more prompt attention and quicker delivery to local hospital

i'm thinking there are likely 6 badly injured . still living victims.. needing urgent attention

“Oddan could not confirm details on casualties but said each air ambulance is capable of carrying up to two patients”

He’s inferring any bodies or critical injured would be taken in the helicopters and with 3 there are up to 6 deaths. 

Or if they only took critically injured and left any bodies there are up to 6 more casualties than what were found at the scene he could be meaning that as well. 

Edited by peaches5