The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Off-Season: Free Agents Who fit Jim and Trevors Wishes (Share your thoughts)

Rush17

I loved Hansen but I don't think there is any room at forward for him anymore.

We have lots of young guys that play his style.

A D-man would be a good pickup especially with how badly injuries plague ours.

I'm not savvy with other players around the league these days since I work too darn much.

Defence is the need now though for sure.

I am not sure who we should sign, but let's keep our cap space and see who we can sign the year after next year.....

So a couple 1 year deals...over pay if need be....2 way deals......guarantee the money up or down

Vanek and Green are fine with me........Green probably won't take the deal........but pay big and move him at the TDL to a contender........50% cap retained

Again save the money for our 2nd year ( 2019-2020)

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Grabner or Vanek

Reaves

beartschi Horvate Boesser

grabner Peterson Ericksson

Goldobin Sutter Virtanen 

granny Gaudette Reaves 

No room for gagner, I never liked him, adds little other experience and we are paying a lot for that 

would try to trade for a 3rd or 4th

as you can see even with just adding Peterson there is not much room- where do gaunce and  Leipsic fit in when we aren’t decimated by injuries? Will Goldobin win a roster spot?

Would love to have 2 good vets flank Peterson for a year - so grabner or vanek would be good. And we need toughness for sure, so Reaves would be great but now that’s 2 fewer roster spots for the young guys.

42 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Ideal type of trade:

to CBJ

gaudette 

tanev

2018 1st

to VAN

werenski

dubois

i think value is fair but CBJ sees this as a step back 

I think they only accept that deal if we win a lottery pick and maybe not even unless it's 1st overall.

3 hours ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

I loved Hansen but I don't think there is any room at forward for him anymore.

We have lots of young guys that play his style.

A D-man would be a good pickup especially with how badly injuries plague ours.

I'm not savvy with other players around the league these days since I work too darn much.

Defence is the need now though for sure.

I agree about Hansen. I was hoping we would sign him next season, but then we got Motte.

6 hours ago, Quantum said:

Derek Ryan is also another guy I'd like, he'd be cheap centre depth that would be productive. Still think he'll stay in Carolina but Ryan is from Spokane, Washington -- practically a local boy lol

Sign him and expose him in the expansion, maybe they might bite?

You try hard on Tavares, Kane, Neal, and Carlson and see who you can get.

You rarely get hurt getting top players, you get hurt by overpaying middling players.  Carlson is the only real risk of that bunch and even if he can't replicate his current success he is still a top 4 D which we badly need.

Weaponize the cap, they have tons of space, who knows they might be able to get some serious assets from a team that wants to off load salary to sign Tavares for example. I would be cautious to go after guys like Kane at 6x7million type deals, not sure that is the right route at this point.

Archived