The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDSF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (M3) Philadelphia Flyers | Penguins win series 4-2

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Flyers in 4
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2018 at 11:00 PM

On 2018-04-11 at 7:40 PM, Mathew Barzal said:

I think it still will be.

That is a young Flyers defense and a young Flyers forward core. They needed a wakeup call, and this was a learning experience. Not a doubt in my mind they'll be better prepared for Game 2.

Ya looks like it will be good.. flyers got the one win on PIT.  Now it's game on. 

11 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Crosby is a machine.  The guy is a pure winner.

Still trying to find a radio stream of the game.

You should be able to listen to the game via the NHL website.  Under the score click on 'gamecentre' - on the left just under the score there's a box called 'listen' and there's both radio feeds.  

13 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Flyers have needed a goalie my entire life, since Ron Hextall, and even he wasnt that good. How many decades does it take to get it together?

Hextall WAS that good.  He belongs in the Hall of Fame.

That aside, Philly has had several goalies good enough to get back to the final, and that's not to be minimized.  Remember when we had possibly the best team in the NHL and couldn't get to the second round?

8 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Hextall WAS that good.  He belongs in the Hall of Fame.

That aside, Philly has had several goalies good enough to get back to the final, and that's not to be minimized.  Remember when we had possibly the best team in the NHL and couldn't get to the second round?

Ya I do. And we were a goalie graveyard like the flyers and then we went and traded for Luongo and the tables turned. We may look weak in net now but we have Demko coming.

Flyers need a star like Luongo to change the tide. They should go hard after Cory Schneider or Price.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Then does a great wraparound on Sunday. 

I'm well aware he's a fantastic player AND a cry baby. It is possible for players to be both not unlike Marchand being one of the best players in the league and still being a rat 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm well aware he's a fantastic player AND a cry baby. It is possible for players to be both not unlike Marchand being one of the best players in the league and still being a rat 

I grew up in an era with Gretzky. Haters griped how much of a whiner he was as well. Just seems history repeating. He’s no where as much of a cheap shot artist as Marchand. That’s why I’ve always loved Gordie Howe. Skilled and tough as nails. He wasn’t above an elbow to the chops.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I grew up in an era with Gretzky. Haters griped how much of a whiner he was as well. Just seems history repeating. He’s no where as much of a cheap shot artist as Marchand. That’s why I’ve always loved Gordie Howe. Skilled and tough as nails. He wasn’t above an elbow to the chops.

I never found Gretzky to be a whiner at all and i hate the oilers and kings. Crosby is a cry baby a fantastic player but a cry baby just like Doughty. Im just saying you can be a great player and a cry baby not like he has to be one or the other.

Archived