The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Devastating chemical weapons attack in Syria

Toews

21 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Maybe Trump will respond by ordering the bombing of another nearly vacant airstrip.

Was that really necessary to voice your political views in a serious thread such as this?  SMH

7 minutes ago, Emmetts said:

Oh okay. 

Guess liberals and conervatives in canada fall under same umbrella using your logic. 

Thats your level of thinking? Really?

They actually do fall under the same umbrella

They're Canadians.

As well, today's Conservatives are no different than today's Liberals and you'd be laughably ignorant to try to claim otherwise.

But hey, thanks for taking critical argument away from such a disturbing attack and making it partisan at home while claiming somehow children of the right are not also eating tide pods, snorting condoms, eating cinnamon or shooting themselves taking gun selfies.

So if you could just please stay on topic that'd be great thanks

Well where there's fire in the middle east, expect the "voice of reason" to stop killing people chanting at a wall long enough to throw gas on it with the US's blessing of course

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/middleeast/syria-missile-strike-intl/index.html

Damascus, Syria (CNN)Syria and it most powerful ally, Russia, blamed Israel for striking an air base in the war-torn country on Monday, following a suspected chemical gas attack that drew condemnation from world powers.

Russia's Defense Ministry claimed two Israeli F-15 warplanes launched airstrikes on the T-4 base in central Syria from Lebanese territory, the state-run RIA Novosti news agency reported. Syrian state media said that a number of people were killed or injured in the strikes and cited a military source blaming Israel for the military action.
At least four Iranian military advisers were killed, Iranian state media news agency FARS reported.
Israeli officials have not issued any response to reports of the strike, but its warplanes hit the same facility in February, after Israel said an Iranian drone had infiltrated its airspace. Israeli officials said Iran, a key backer of the Syrian government, was using the T-4 facility as a command center.

The Syrian conflict has developed into a complex proxy war, which in recent years has included Israeli strikes on Iran-linked targets.
Israel's official stance on the war is neutral, but it has acknowledged carrying out some strikes on Syrian military targets, while denying responsibility for numerous others. It has clearly stated in the past that it would respond to Iran's growing presence in Syria.
Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman said in a March interview with the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper that Israel had been acting militarily in Syria in recent months. "A large part of Israeli army activity does not find its way on to (Israeli newspapers and websites) ... and that is good," he said. "It's just not right to say that we don't act."

Israel and Russia have coordinated their military actions over Syria for deconfliction since Russian forces entered the country in late 2015. The T-4 base, located in a strategic position between the cities of Homs and Palmyra in Syria's west, has been a key staging ground for Syrian and Russian aircraft during the war.
Syria claimed that its air defenses had shot down eight missiles fired at the air base Monday, while RIA Novosti reported three missiles flew to their target and a remaining five were shot down.
The country had earlier speculated that the US was behind Monday's strikes, which the Pentagon swiftly denied.

4 hours ago, Toews said:

Where else does one voice political views except in "serious" threads? 

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Because US foreign policy and Syria are intertwined

How about the Trump thread?  

Nice dramatic headline here. I've heard some vested interests produce sock puppet posters all over the internet(wonder if WE ever enjoy such company?!).

People who enjoy the drama, & sell the snake oil were likely waving their arms frantically, bellowing out, "WMD, WMD!!!" back in 2003.

Sadly some are too young and/or disinterested to take note. I've often heard numbers quoted as OVER 1,000,000 people murdered in THAT little squirmish.

8 hours ago, Emmetts said:

Yes be because its conservative/republicans eating tise pods not liberal gun grabbing children. 

Wait a second...

Absolutely! Now had he said cooking meth... well then that's another story.

All kidding aside there is definitely something that doesn't seem right about this whole thing and now we're getting reports of Israel striking a base in Syria as well. I feel for the innocent civilians caught in the middle of this tragedy.

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Nice dramatic headline here. I've heard some vested interests produce sock puppet posters all over the internet(wonder if WE ever enjoy such company?!).

People who enjoy the drama, & sell the snake oil were likely waving their arms frantically, bellowing out, "WMD, WMD!!!" back in 2003.

Sadly some are too young and/or disinterested to take note. I've often heard numbers quoted as OVER 1,000,000 people murdered in THAT little squirmish.

You got me. I am a Soros backed sock puppet getting paid thousands of dollars to create threads on CDC. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Toews said:

You got me. I am a Soros backed sock puppet getting paid thousands of dollars to create threads on CDC. :rolleyes:

Glad you responded. Noted you as a rude, uncouth poster in the past, & it's reasonable if you remain consistent.

The last word's all yours, as I promote you(as perhaps keyboard-sociopaths might even interpret?) to ignore-status.

Bullying, mis-reporting & exploitation has a tendency to run out of steam. But this is no place to deeply delve into important international misdeeds. Too many innocent people are affected by FAR too few.

Media report US ship off Syrian coast being harassed by low-flying Russian warplanes

Reports in Turkish media (CNN in Turkey)

• USS Donald Cook is  a destroyer armed with Tomahawk cruise missiles
  • Currently off the coast of Syria
  • Is being harassed by low-flying Russian warplanes

https://forexlive.com/news/!/media-report-us-ship-off-syrian-coast-being-harassed-by-low-flying-russian-warplanes-20180409

Trump on Syria - We’re going to make a decision tonight or shortly thereafter

Trump, meeting with military leaders, says we are making a decision as to the horrible attack that was made near Damascus

• Trump says it will be met and it will be met forcefully
  • Trump says we're going to make a decision tonight or shortly thereafter
  • Says we have a lot of options militarily on Syria

https://forexlive.com/news/!/trump-on-syria-were-going-to-make-a-decision-tonight-or-shortly-thereafter-20180409

47 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Glad you responded. Noted you as a rude, uncouth poster in the past, & it's reasonable if you remain consistent.

I am not surprised. I have no patience for your paranoid ravings. 

The last word's all yours, as I promote you(as perhaps keyboard-sociopaths might even interpret?) to ignore-status.

Sounds good. I prefer to have discussions with people who live in this reality and use facts to defend their arguments rather than own personal whims.

Bullying, mis-reporting & exploitation has a tendency to run out of steam. But this is no place to deeply delve into important international misdeeds. Too many innocent people are affected by FAR too few.

Yeah idgaf. You accused me of being "dramatic" and implied that I was a "sock puppet poster". I created this thread while still thinking about a dead baby in that video lying there in its own vomit. I used the word "devastating" because that's the best word I could come up with to voice the emotion I felt after having seen that video. 

On 4/8/2018 at 8:14 AM, ReggieBush said:

That video is beyond disturbing. I seriously regret watching

Bless their souls:(

I second that, wished I didn't watch it either. This world sometimes... I just dont know what to say or think anymore. It's just full of hate. 

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Media report US ship off Syrian coast being harassed by low-flying Russian warplanes

Reports in Turkish media (CNN in Turkey)

• USS Donald Cook is  a destroyer armed with Tomahawk cruise missiles
  • Currently off the coast of Syria
  • Is being harassed by low-flying Russian warplanes

https://forexlive.com/news/!/media-report-us-ship-off-syrian-coast-being-harassed-by-low-flying-russian-warplanes-20180409

Trump on Syria - We’re going to make a decision tonight or shortly thereafter

Trump, meeting with military leaders, says we are making a decision as to the horrible attack that was made near Damascus

• Trump says it will be met and it will be met forcefully
  • Trump says we're going to make a decision tonight or shortly thereafter
  • Says we have a lot of options militarily on Syria

https://forexlive.com/news/!/trump-on-syria-were-going-to-make-a-decision-tonight-or-shortly-thereafter-20180409

This.... this is not good. USA believes Assad did it. Putin believes Israel did it. This has potential to turn into something bad. 

6 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

This.... this is not good. USA believes Assad did it. Putin believes Israel did it. This has potential to turn into something bad. 

Obviously Syria didn't do this. Why would they? America has lost control in the region so they come up with a way to try and take back control. 

The Syrian government forces had no reason to do this or the last alleged chemical attack. Especially considering Obama said Syria got rid of all its chemical weapons.

Seems to me the only groups that have anything to gain by a chemical attack are rebels and/or ISIS, really don't see the logic in why Syria would do it, but, whatever, nothing surprises me anymore on what happens, any of the stories I've read could be true.

Archived