-Vintage Canuck-

ADSF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Bruins win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

98 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win the series?

    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Maple Leafs in 4
      0
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2018 at 12:00 AM

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

At his age, he can still skate with the best with them and provide offense. Crazy how he's been in the league for 20 years and he has only missed the playoffs twice.

He has made the playoffs 18 times and has never won a cup, ouch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Most playoff goals without a Stanley Cup:

 

Dino Ciccarelli - 73
Patrick Marleau - 72
Brian Propp - 64
Cam Neely - 57
Steve Thomas - 54
Daniel Briere - 53
Jeremy Roenick - 53
Daniel Alfredsson - 51
Alex Ovechkin - 51

That's pretty unfortunate.

Once again Marleau was great in the playoffs - maybe the Leafs best player in that series - and it's a first round exit again for him.

He's one guy I'd like to see win a Cup for sure.  Maybe the Leafs can move him to a real contender lol.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2018 at 7:52 PM, oldnews said:

I doubt anyone is really taking pleasure in the pain of the honest, long-starved Leaf fans you're isolating.

 

It's pretty much about something entirely different - the center-of-the-universe mentality, an insufferable fluffer national media, the obnoxious tire-pumping of the 'Shanaplan', the arrogance of LouLam, the Craig Simpsons, the obsession with every breath Matthews takes, the premature declarations of being "Canada's team", the coneheads like Damien Cox - and like I said, the unceremonious way they basked in their Canuck envy/hatred/loathing/whatever you want to call it.

They've given every 'hater' ample reason.

Jealousy and envy can eat you away. I don't have time for it. Too busy concentrating on the good things.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Jealousy and envy can eat you away.

they had good reason to be jealous and envious of the Canucks.

 

on the other hand, they've never won a playoff series, so....again, you're misnaming the phenomena if you're thinking that applies in reverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oldnews said:

they had good reason to be jealous and envious of the Canucks.

 

on the other hand, they've never won a playoff series, so....again, you're misnaming the phenomena if you're thinking that applies in reverse.

13 Stanley Cups.

God knows what this fan base would be like if we won half that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

13 Stanley Cups.

God knows what this fan base would be like if we won half that.

13 what?

LOL. 

You mean "Challenge Cups"?

Most of us don't consider the 1800s - or previous lifetimes - to be relevent.

 

I mean the MIllionaires and Cougars won Cups.

Woot woot!

 

And most people recognize the history and tradition of trash-talking and mocking the failures of rivals to be part of the fun around the game, without getting too self-righteous about polite etiquette.

 

Even the "personal" stuff - shouldn't be taken too seriously imo.

 

And there it is...@IAmJericho challenges @carrieunderwood to wager $10,000 to their respective favourite (favorite) charities in @NHLJets @PredsNHL

 

Your move Ms Underwood “married to a fourth line bench warmer”-#Y2J #Y2Jets #WPGwhiteout #WPGvsNAS pic.twitter.com/4R7uFN2hGL

— Greg Mackling (@GMackWPG) April 27, 2018

 

 

The Leafs suck.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

13 what?

LOL. 

You mean "Challenge Cups"?

Most of us don't consider the 1800s - or previous lifetimes - to be relevent.

 

I mean the MIllionaires and Cougars won Cups.

Woot woot!

 

And most people recognize the history and tradition of trash-talking and mocking the failures of rivals to be part of the fun around the game, without getting too self-righteous about polite etiquette.

 

Even the "personal" stuff - shouldn't be taken too seriously imo.

 

And there it is...@IAmJericho challenges @carrieunderwood to wager $10,000 to their respective favourite (favorite) charities in @NHLJets @PredsNHL

 

Your move Ms Underwood “married to a fourth line bench warmer”-#Y2J #Y2Jets #WPGwhiteout #WPGvsNAS pic.twitter.com/4R7uFN2hGL

— Greg Mackling (@GMackWPG) April 27, 2018

 

 

The Leafs suck.

Blah blah blah - suck it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Blah blah blah - suck it up.

your trash talk game could use some work.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, oldnews said:

your trash talk game could use some work.

Apologies.

It was just that I realised we had no common ground on the subject. I don't usually post these types of posts.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.