The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADSF: (A1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) New Jersey Devils | Lightning win series 4-1

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Devils in 4
    • Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2018 at 07:00 PM

JNTUBby.png

Atlantic Division Semi-Final

tbl.png?format=300wnjd.png?format=300w

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New Jersey Devils

Thursday, April 12, 4:00 pm PT: Devils @ Lightning | NHL Network, SN, TVA Sports

Saturday, April 14, 12:00 pm PT: Devils @ Lightning | NBC, CNBC, SN360, TVA Sports

Monday, April 16, 4:30 pm PT: Lightning @ Devils | CNBC, SN, TVA Sports

Wednesday, April 18, 4:30 pm PT: Lightning @ Devils | GOLF, SN, TVA Sports

*Saturday, April 21, TBD: Devils @ Lightning | TBD

*Monday, April 23, TBD: Lightning @ Devils | TBD

*Wednesday, April 25, TBD: Devils @ Lightning | TBD

I will contemplate all the series over the next 2 days.  I find I get a better feel for it walking around at work then sitting here at my pc lol.  Look forward to seeing if the Devil's can pul an upset tho!

New Jersey won their 3 games against Tampa this season - 2x in regulation and 1x in a shootout.  All 1 goal games.  Their speed matches well with Tampa's. 

What a season for the Devils.  They were last in the East last year.  Taylor Hall obviously and his 93 pts (39 goals) in 76 games.  Hischier started on their 3rd line and worked his way to the top line by November - he is 2nd in scoring with 52pts and the only Devil to have played all 82 games.  Him and Hall have natural chemistry.  Will Butcher was another solid addition.  His minutes are sheltered but in that role he is productive with 44pts.

Other than Hall they don't have the high end scoring of Tampa - they are mostly a group of very hard workers with tonnes of speed.  Only 4 players on their opening night roster have produced at a 50% pace this season (Hall, Hischier, Palmieri and Butcher).  They also have close to no playoff experience.  

The Devils can play loose while Tampa are the ones under pressure.  

Btw the Devils have a behind the scenes series '82 game Odyssey' that followed their season and gives some insight on how they've grown as a team and the identity they are trying to build  - link here: https://www.nhl.com/devils/video/a-new-era-of-devils-hockey/t-293405372/c-53206003

Archived