The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Season End Media Availability (Green, Linden, Benning, & Players)

Rush17

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I liked these words from Linden..."we are going to be a young team next year" 

Hope his words match his actions.

Be awful hard not to be younger next year. Two 38 year olds to be just retired and likely 2-3'ish kids are bound to make the roster. Even if we sign a couple late 20-early 30 stop gap vets, the aggregate of age is going WAY down :lol:

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Be awful hard not to be younger next year. Two 38 year olds to be just retired and likely 2-3'ish kids are bound to make the roster. Even if we sign a couple late 20-early 30 stop gap vets, the aggregate of age is going WAY down :lol:

The oldest player would be Loui at 32, if I'm not mistaken. That's a substantial drop in the median age of the team over the last four years.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The oldest player would be Loui at 32, if I'm not mistaken. That's a substantial drop in the median age of the team over the last four years.

Yup. I mean we might sign a Bozak and/or Green etc so we won't likely be a bunch of wee babes out there but even those guys are still knocking 5'ish years off the twins age.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup. I mean we might sign a Bozak and/or Green etc so we won't likely be a bunch of wee babes out there but even those guys are still knocking 5'ish years off the twins age.

I like Bozak, but don't think we should sign any player (other than an elite - U28 - Dman) to term more than 2 years.  I think Bozak will get at least 3 years, much like Gagner got from us last summer.  

24 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sutter, Gudbranson, Del Zotto, Edler are all responsible vets that can help guide the real greenhorns.

Evander Kane is 26, which fits in nicely with the age schematic of the Canucks.

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sutter, Gudbranson, Del Zotto, Edler are all responsible vets that can help guide the real greenhorns.

Evander Kane is 26, which fits in nicely with the age schematic of the Canucks.

We're going to need a C. Whether that's Bozak, another UFA, a trade for Jenner etc...time will tell. It will be fun to see what Benning does this summer.

By all means if we can add Kane (or another, similar upgrade) at W and hence move a player like Baer for other pieces, by all means. But one doesn't really have much to do with the other.

Ideally, I'd also like to see us sign/trade for a short term, vet D and move Tanev as well.

46 minutes ago, aGENT said:

been there and done that.

We're going to need a C. Whether that's Bozak, another UFA, a trade for Jenner etc...time will tell. It will be fun to see what Benning does this summer.

It always is fun to see what Benning does, seeing how he has steadily improved at his job with each passing year.

By all means if we can add Kane (or another, similar upgrade) at W and hence move a player like Baer for other pieces, by all means. But one doesn't really have much to do with the other.

Kane would be great. The playoff series with the Ducks will be the deciding factor as to whether he stays with the Sharks or tests free agency.

Ideally, I'd also like to see us sign/trade for a short term, vet D and move Tanev as well.

Cole, Sbisa, or one of Bieksa or Hamhuis works for me. Green is a tad too old.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It always is fun to see what Benning does, seeing how he has steadily improved at his job with each passing year.

Kane would be great. The playoff series with the Ducks will be the deciding factor as to whether he stays with the Sharks or tests free agency.

I doubt he's going back to SJS personally. That team is teetering on the edge of a rebuild IMO (or at the very least a serious retool). Las Vegas is probably one of our stiffer competitors for his services. Cap space, roster spots possibly opening up and a young, fast and contending team. Plus...Las Vegas. Do they want him/want to commit term and $ though...?

I'd love Sustr as well. Green we could probably sign for 2'ish years and can move the puck/run a PP which is what makes him ideal as a stop gap player for whoever we hopefully draft this year. But there's a few good D we could snag this summer to bridge the gap. Don't really need any lefties though.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green and Edler had nearly the same production as well so he's no longer an offensive upgrade either. 

I could see JB rolling into next season with what we have on D. I think they did show improvement in some areas and with Sautner an OJ being possible additions maybe there's no need to go out and overspend in free agency on mid-pairing D which we have a lot of already. 

Jenner would be great to add, but that stingy Finn GM over there in CBJ will want too much. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Green and Edler had nearly the same production as well so he's no longer an offensive upgrade either. 

I could see JB rolling into next season with what we have on D. I think they did show improvement in some areas and with Sautner an OJ being possible additions maybe there's no need to go out and overspend in free agency on mid-pairing D which we have a lot of already. 

Jenner would be great to add, but that stingy Finn GM over there in CBJ will want too much. 

Edler is likely here long term. Not sure what he has to do with signing Green to bridge our PPQB D we hopefully draft this year either? Completely different roles (though they could both play PP on L and R).

Again, this wouldn't be a long term move. 'Overspending in free agency' for a short term, 2-3 year D to bridge to our upcoming kids and perhaps facilitating a Tanev move would be a solid rebuild move IMO.

Just now, Adarsh Sant said:

What indication is there that he'll do that?

not deploying him the way Torts does would be a good start. 

Not saying they have to be the only two pieces in the deal, just the main ones. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

totally agree...even Wierioch is putting up good numbers in the "A".offensively and solid on "D"...6'5" 210Ibs hometown boy...unless there is a UFA with lots of upside, management should look within the organization and develop their own.

If anything, Kane would be a good addition on forward and the first round pick, depending on which way they go.."D" (Bouchard, Dahlin, Boqvist - 5'11" 170ibs) or forward BT, Zadina could possibly make the team as well.

1 minute ago, Adarsh Sant said:

What indication is there that he'll do that?

He's being utilized in a match up, hard minutes, dzone role currently in CBJ. It's a safe bet his production would increase given a less defensively demanding 2C role here with Sutter taking those minutes instead.

I still wouldn't move OJ for him though.

Archived