The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team Review and Suggested Moves (Discussion)

to me there are like 5 to 6 players I would like to move, trade or upgrade

I really think this is the time for Benning to do his work and get us some help on D and couple upgrades for forwards

I really think this year or next we have to make a big move to get an elite player like a center or D  only one and see what we have

next year upgrade the other a D or C and playoffs here we come for years

On April 10, 2018 at 11:43 AM, NUCKER67 said:

My guess:

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Goldobin - UFA - Pettersson

Leipsic - Gaudette - Virtanen

Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson

Edler - Stecher

Juolevi - Tanev

Delzaster - Gudbranson

Pouliot

Markstrom

Demko

Traded - Gagner, Gaunce, Hutton, Nilsson

UFA - Stastny, Filppula or Bozak?

As for Kane - Linden and Co. are going to be careful who they bring in to the room. It will be filled with young, impressionable players, and the Canucks will want to insulate these young players with good character veterans who can teach and mentor. Kane is not the right player for this role. 

Watching Kane kill the Ducks right now is sure making me wish we had him on our side 

On April 9, 2018 at 4:46 PM, janisahockeynut said:

First Off ............Here are the Roster spots and a suggested Depth Chart.............maybe a little out, but not enough to  change my presentation (aka....Post)

LW                                      Center                                   RW                                    LHD                                         RHD                                  Goalies

Baertschi                           Horvat                                    Boeser                              Edler                                        Tanev                                 Markstrom

Petterssen                          Sutter                                     Virtanen                            MDZ                                         Gudbranson                        Demko

Leipsic                                Gaudette                                Eriksson                           Pouliot                                      Stecher                                Nillson

Dahlen                                Granlund                                Gagner                             Hutton                                      Biega                                   DiPietro

Goldobin                             Dowd                                      Jokenin                            Joulevi                                      Chatfield

Motte                                   -----------                                  Lind                                 Sautner                                    Tryamkin

Gaunce                               -----------                                  Lockwood                        McEneny

Archibald                             -----------                                  MacEwen                        Brisebois

Rathbone

I have included all NHL and UFA/RFA contracts or who's rights are owned by the Vancouver Canucks

I have hi-lighted those that I think could or should be moved and will give you my reasons why, I will also put out values and suggested

replacements and why I have considered the replacements I have...............I will also give a suggested cost and the amount of years we should sign

them for, and why.

My first statement is that I love our prospects and young pro's, I do however think our team is full of talent and short on size, going forward.

I think that now that it is playoff time, you will be able to see the difference, where size does matter, and where a talented big man,

will win out over a talented little man.................

Baertschi (RFA)...............................................value 2018 2-2nds

Tanev (2 years Left @ $4,450,000 per)...........value 2018 1st (14 OA to 17 OA)         or         18 OA to 24 OA + 2nd         or       25 OA  to 31 OA + Blue chip prospect

MDZ (1 yr Left) @ $3,000,000)@ 50%............value 2018 1 - 2nd

Nilsson (1 yr Left @ $2,500,000)@50%...........value 2018 1 - 6th

Replacement Players July 1st UFA's

Replace Tanev with either:

Mike Green 32 yrs........last contract $6,000,000.......................offer 3 years @ $7,250 Million per year

or

John Carlson 28 yrs.....last contract $4,000,000........................offer 5 years @ $8,000 Million per year

Replace Baertschi with either:

Evander Kane 26 yrs....last contract $6,000,000........................offer 6 years @ $7,500 Million per year

or

David Perron 29 yrs......last contract $4,000,000........................offer 4 years @ $5, 500 million per year

My choices would be to sign Carlson and Kane to their offers. The cost of UFA's is steep and it is true that we are not finished our rebuild, but IMO, the signing of these 2 free agents, does not move us far in the first year but it does get us bigger, and more durable, further more, they will allow us to gain asset for 2 players under existing contracts, or under RFA restrictions, which will further quicken our rebuild, while not taking a step back.

This also keeps the costs controlled, for any Luongo cap recovery, and allows us to keep reserves, that will cover any ELC's that come up over the next 3 years............expect the NHL cap to be approx. 78 to 80 million this coming year, 81 to 83 million in 2019/2020, and approx. 85 million in 2020/2021. Which will be good as Eriksson's contract will only have 1 year by then, and much easier to handle.

Just a question, but would you take John Carlson + mid 2018 1st  for Tanev?      Or      Kane/Perron for Baertschi and 2 -2018 2nds?................I would take both in a flash!

OK......it's clobbering time! Be gentle!

With 2g in the 2nd, Kane looking real good so far in his first ever playoff game...!

Archived