The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New team logo/logo change

Harold Drunken

4 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Ok - then explain to me what a whale has to do with the team? Orca bay doesn't exist - and we aren't called the killer whales or whales? What does an Orca have to do with the Canucks? And why do other teams (literally every other team) have a Logo that matches or relates to their name? 

"Nope" is fine, but unless you have an actual rebuttal or point - your comment is as irrelevant as a whale logo.......

I hear a definite "Waaaaaah" in there....

When you're finished whinging, whining and complaining.....do fill me in on how the Black Hawks logo relates to the team? No hurry, I'll wait.

You do seem to have a lot of 'tude for a noob. :lol:

1 minute ago, sonoman said:

Every off-season there is about 30 of these threads created.  My opinion, leave well enough alone.  Changing logos is like changing identities.  

Exactly. Those of us who have been here awhile get a tad tired of seeing these same old threads from noobs.

Just now, sonoman said:

Every off-season there is about 30 of these threads created.  My opinion, leave well enough alone.  Changing logos is like changing identities.  

yes, changing identities is right. Sedin's retire, been a losing team for years now, old management group's name no longer exists (which was the main reason we had a whale as our logo, youth movement/rebuild.....so ya this team is changing it's identity. Which most will argue is a good thing??? Bottom line is a whale has nothing to do with a "Canuck" or hockey.

You have yet to give me a valid argument as to why a whale logo is relevant or suits this team - if you simply don't want change then fine.....but that's not really a valid reason.

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Exactly. Those of us who have been here awhile get a tad tired of seeing these same old threads from noobs.

Noob? I just joined the site yes, but have been a Canucks fan all my life (30+ years)...so if you're going to gauge my hockey or Canucks knowledge simply based on a "join date" on a forum it just shows how ignorant and illogical you are haha.. come on man, really?

3 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Lol this is exactly my point.....what does a whale have to do with the name "Canucks" or hockey in general. It's like being called the Americans and having a Lemur as your logo.....one of these things is not like the other. I see people disagreeing which is fine.....but I have yet to see them explain their logic and why they disagree other than opinion.....

ah yes, the vicious American lemur lol

2 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Linden was saying that the team now finally has an identity and with the Sedins retired, they are basically starting a new era. Makes sense to me to move on from those old days and the whale logo. Using the 3rd jerseys instead, as an example, wouldn't really be anything new, but it would make more sense than the whale. It would also be a tip of the hat to where it all began in 1970 (stick in rink logo). Quite frankly, those VANCOUVER whale jerseys remind me of the 2011 SCF and how that ended up.

8 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I hear a definite "Waaaaaah" in there....

When you're finished whinging, whining and complaining.....do fill me in on how the Black Hawks logo relates to the team? No hurry, I'll wait.

You do seem to have a lot of 'tude for a noob. :lol:

Black Hawk is a famous native indian war leader which his head is on their Jersey, your an idiot haha.....do better next time. I've shot down every reply of yours. So, if you are wondering why it isn't a black bird, your not thinking hard enough.

Just now, CJ44 said:

Noob? I just joined the site yes, but have been a Canucks fan all my life (30+ years)...so if you're going to gauge my hockey or Canucks knowledge simply based on a "join date" on a forum it just shows how ignorant and illogical you are haha.. come on man, really?

"Noob" as in member of this board. "Noob" as in not having been around to know that this topic has been discussed to death. "Noob" as in pissing off people when you've been here only a short time. "Noob" as in bulldozing in with an old, tired, discussed ad nauseum topic.

2 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Black Hawk is a famous native indian war leader which his head is on their Jersey, your an idiot haha.....do better next time. I've shot down every reply of yours.

:lol: You wish.

Don't see many Aboriginal players on that team...tell me again how it fits the 'identity' of the team when some folks are complaining about the 'racist' quality of the logo. Uh huh, yep....you totally destroyed my replies. Dream on.... and learn to spell, will ya?

Just now, Cerridwen said:

Don't see many Aboriginal players on that team...tell me again how it fits the 'identity' of the team when some folks are complaining about the 'racist' quality of the logo. Uh huh, yep....you totally destroyed my replies. Dream on.... and learn to spell, will ya?

So, so off topic. Nice misdirection though. 

38 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Not a jersey change, just the logo on it. Colors and scheme the same. The management group that owns the rights isn't even called Orca Bay anymore. The Orca really isn't relevant at all anymore, besides the fact that's it's in the shape of a "C"

IMG_2461.PNG

Amidst all the conversation I may as well throw out that the Stick 'n Rink third jerseys are my personal favourites. I would mind if we went to something like that permanently, but I'm okay with the Orca as well.

6 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Umm, there's no whales on the Canucks either...unless you count Fin. :)

26 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Ok - then explain to me what a whale has to do with the team? Orca bay doesn't exist - and we aren't called the killer whales or whales? What does an Orca have to do with the Canucks? And why do other teams (literally every other team) have a Logo that matches or relates to their name? 

"Nope" is fine, but unless you have an actual rebuttal or point - your comment is as irrelevant as a whale logo.......

Yes, what does an apex predator who resides in the waters off the Pacific Northwest have to do with a team from Vancouver?  Hmmmmm.

18 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Lol this is exactly my point.....what does a whale have to do with the name "Canucks" or hockey in general. It's like being called the Americans and having a Lemur as your logo.....one of these things is not like the other. I see people disagreeing which is fine.....but I have yet to see them explain their logic and why they disagree other than opinion.....

It's about the location, culture and team. How do people not associate an orca with the Pacific northwest ? an orca breaching from ice vs water...game is played on ice lol.

The blue and green are perfect as well. Having the stick in rink and Johnny canuck logos involved already is enough.

And to add to the " vintage" I never understood how " Canucks " or " Vancouver " was anything but a nice touch. Do we not take pride in our NHL club having our players wear a " Vancouver " jersey ?

Again it's not hard to see how the orca relates. I think people associate the previous ownership with the orca and depreciate its fit.

I would like to see a logo change (mostly because I hate the orca design), but I would like to see a completely new design rather than a recycled one like Johnny Canuck, stick in rink, skate, etc.

I also really dislike the distractingly unnecessary VANCOUVER on them. Get rid of that for sure. 

We have pretty unique and awesome primary colors in our jerseys. I'd like to see a less cartoony, more bold/aggressive type logo that embodies what it means to be a Canuck. From a marketing perspective it would really help the team too I think. Now is the perfect time to make a change to build the new identity with the new core.

The current whale logo is an utter piece of crap and I hate it with a passion.  Worst logo in the league.  Every team in the NHL has a logo which coincides with the name somehow.  Except us...a Canuck is not a whale!   

Johnny Canuck or the Stick and Rink would be SO much better. 

Keep the colors...classic and beautiful.  

Archived