The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New team logo/logo change

Harold Drunken

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

IMO the colours are great, its the just the jersey ribbons are too thin and make it look amateurish.

Bring back the third jersey we had and the 40th anniversary jersey.  The thick ribbons and bold colours is what stands out visually.

Image result for canucks third jerseyImage result for Bo Horvat third jersey

Image result for canucks third jersey 40th anniversary Image result for canucks third jersey 40th anniversary

Don't really mind either the Orca or the stick in rink, just don't have the word "Vancouver" across it.  Keep it simple, keep the colours bright and bold, and make the ribbons thick.

Compared to what we have now, the ribbons are too thin and just looks bland as jerseys

Image result for Bo Horvat

Image result for Bo Horvat away jersey

100% agree. Fine the the orca but put it on the 40th jerseys. Love the thick stripes with the V on the arms. Very original

47 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Leave the Jersey alone.

But if we had to change, lets go back to the black and gold.  Would love to see jake barreling down the ice in this

Virtanen-front-back.jpg

Exactly. Man I miss that jersey. It is beautiful. 

56 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Leave the Jersey alone.

But if we had to change, lets go back to the black and gold.  Would love to see jake barreling down the ice in this

Virtanen-front-back.jpg

I love that colour scheme beyond words. I don't care what the logo is, just give me those colours. 

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

Exactly. Man I miss that jersey. It is beautiful. 

i agree rekker!! imagine Brock in that Jersey...

The black just makes them look bigger and meaner.

Maybe im still stuck in 94....lol...

its like which version of star trek you like, or which Daisy Duke was better Katherine Back or Jessica Simpson...old school all the way..

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

i agree rekker!! imagine Brock in that Jersey...

The black just makes them look bigger and meaner.

Maybe im still stuck in 94....lol...

its like which version of star trek you like, or which Daisy Duke was better Katherine Back or Jessica Simpson...old school all the way..

The Fall Guy was my show. Colt Seavers. Why he never nailed that blond is beyond me. Looking back I guess it was the writers keeping it interesting. Heather Thomas was the poster to have back in the day. 

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

pass.

'changing identlty' is a bad idea for sports franchises - created identity is what it is all about.

messing with it is what bad franchises do.

it might make a nice scheme to sell another generation of merchandise, but wadr, I don't like the idea - at all.

well, except the team has had 20 different jerseys on 5 main themes.... http://www.nhluniforms.com/Canucks/Canucks.html

rebranding can be a very good thing. Its not like we're going for a name change. 

We could go back to skate in current colours 

1.jpg.40f0648bdbb327db7f516b932f030ac9.jpg

or the flying V

2.jpg.ea8cdf9b8fec5441425a4936945b7cb7.jpg

(note: just grabbed these off the web, not sure if there's someone on CDC to credit for these)

I'm not the fan of the stick in the rink logo for the mere fact that it's super uncreative and too simple in my opinion. I get the whole orca bay argument, however; I feel that it at least encompasses not only the art style of the indigenous people that the Pacific Northwest is known for, and the beauty of our city (whales are majestic AF).

I don't want to cheer for a damn stick in the rink, that sounds dumb to me.

That was my personal opinion, I am ready for the bashes that come my way. I usually refrain from the logo topics but thought I'd give my two cents in this thread

I don't mind the orca.   It has a nod to the first nations community in its design.   It's super west coast .  Don't know how that fact  could elude anyone.

I'd love to see it with the black orange and yellow color scheme, minus the arching VANCOUVER .

Anything but Johnny Canuck IMO.

4 minutes ago, FilthyRich said:

I don't mind the orca.   It has a nod to the first nations community in its design.   It's super west coast .  Don't know how that fact  could elude anyone.

I'd love to see it with the black orange and yellow color scheme, minus the arching VANCOUVER .

Anything but Johnny Canuck IMO.

3.jpg

again - not sure who to credit. 

If we wanted to go back to the old skate get up, I'd be all for that.  Those were gorgeous jerseys.

But as for what we have now:

Love the colours - amongst the best colour combos in the league.

Meh about the logo - could take it or leave it.

HATE the big "VANCOUVER" across the chest - it's horrible, scrap it.

3 hours ago, CJ44 said:

Ok - then explain to me what a whale has to do with the team? Orca bay doesn't exist - and we aren't called the killer whales or whales? What does an Orca have to do with the Canucks? And why do other teams (literally every other team) have a Logo that matches or relates to their name? 

"Nope" is fine, but unless you have an actual rebuttal or point - your comment is as irrelevant as a whale logo.......

What does a tire have to do with the red wings hockey club. its a symbol reflecting detroit's automobile industry.

What do Canadiens have to do with Montreal.... Just kidding.

Orcas are a natural symbol of the West Coast including Vancouver. Heck Boeser was even greeted by a pod when he first arrived.

"We went on a boat cruise Tuesday night and did some bonding in English Bay, Horseshoe Bay and near Lighthouse Park - we were everywhere. The highlight of the sail, other than Ben Hutton he's hilarious, was seeing pods of orca whales breaching everywhere. Both sides of the boat had orcas. It was incredible. It's nice to finally meet Fin's family."

I'd rather have a whale over some cartoon character.

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

IMO the colours are great, its the just the jersey ribbons are too thin and make it look amateurish.

Bring back the third jersey we had and the 40th anniversary jersey.  The thick ribbons and bold colours is what stands out visually.

Image result for canucks third jerseyImage result for Bo Horvat third jersey

Image result for canucks third jersey 40th anniversary Image result for canucks third jersey 40th anniversary

Don't really mind either the Orca or the stick in rink, just don't have the word "Vancouver" across it.  Keep it simple, keep the colours bright and bold, and make the ribbons thick.

Compared to what we have now, the ribbons are too thin and just looks bland as jerseys

Image result for Bo Horvat

Image result for Bo Horvat away jersey

I'm a fan of the stick and sink anniversary jerseys you have in the top pictures here.

I was mildly entertained by the bickering in this thread. But that wore off pretty quick.

So now I'm bored again so it would be cool if they announced a new uni was going to be revealed in two weeks.  Something to look forward to. 

How bout taking the Johny Canucks logo and making that on the front of our jersey with the sedin head instead ? 

Archived