-Vintage Canuck-

Jets win Cup in EA Sports NHL 18 playoff simulation

Rate this topic

Canada's Stanley Cup drought will end this season if the EA Sports NHL 18 playoff simulation is correct.

According to the simulation, the Winnipeg Jets will be the last team standing and hoist the Stanley Cup come June, defeating the Boston Bruins in seven games. In a close series, the Jets win 4-2 in Game 7 to claim the first title in their history and become the first Canada-based team to win the Cup since the Montreal Canadiens in 1993.

Forward Patrik Laine wins the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoffs MVP with 24 points (15 goals, nine assists). He and teammates Mark Scheifele, Nikolaj Ehlers and Blake Wheeler were four of the top postseason scorers.

The Vegas Golden Knights, making their first Stanley Cup Playoff appearance, advanced to the Western Conference Final after defeating the Los Angeles Kings in six games and the San Jose Sharks in seven before losing to the Jets in six.

For what it's worth, the EA simulation had the Nashville Predators defeating the Montreal Canadiens in the 2017 Stanley Cup Final. The Predators ended up losing in six games to the Pittsburgh Penguins in the non-simulated Cup Final.

cut.jpg

https://www.nhl.com/news/winnipeg-wins-stanley-cup-in-ea-sports-nhl-18-playoff-simulation/c-297863906

• Hydration 1

So based on 2011, this mean's they'll lose in the Cup finals.

• Upvote 1

the annual meaningless simulation that is just an ad for EA's latest NHL game. I really hope no one puts any stock into this.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Jets are deep up front and have both size and speed to handle the grind of the playoffs.  Their D is a bit more shallow but they had their success this season despite Trouba missing big chunks of time.  Hellebuyck had an awesome season but it'll be interesting to see how he does with the stakes raised.  I could see them making waves but hard to call this for them.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Vegas might have a good run.  Fleury has had a good season and they have a very even roster.  Theodore had a slow season but he was turning it up towards the end.  They have some solid vets which should help them with a long run.  The Kings should put up a good fight but I think Vegas might be able to out skate them.  I don't see the Ducks or Sharks being real contenders but I could be wrong.

Hard to bet against Nashville coming out of the West though.  They are ridiculously balanced.

Posted (edited)

Basically means that Jets won't end Canada's drought.

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1

League will rig the finals 100% if it's Boston-Winnipeg.  Kelly Sutherland might get his name on the cup.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, butters said:

the annual meaningless simulation that is just an ad for EA's latest NHL game. I really hope no one puts any stock into this.

I bet everything I own on the Jets after I found this out...

3 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but Vegas might have a good run. 

I think they're going to get blown out of the water in the first round... but I hope I'm wrong as I hate LA.  

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

League will rig the finals 100% if it's Boston-Winnipeg.  Kelly Sutherland might get his name on the cup.

Typical CDC claiming the league would show favouritism to an American team... you have no proof that this would ever happen ::D

• Upvote 1

Canucks will end the drought, then the league will fold.:gocan:

• Upvote 1

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

Typical CDC claiming the league would show favouritism to an American team... you have no proof that this would ever happen ::D

Sutherland's continued employment after he openly rigged multiple series involving the Canucks is more than enough proof.

• Upvote 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Sutherland's continued employment after he openly rigged multiple series involving the Canucks is more than enough proof.

Rigged what series?  Surely you don't mean the San Jose series where power play opportunities were distributed in an unfathomably equal manner..... :lol:

Wow that is almost exactly what I have.

I have the ducks over the sharks, but other than that, exactly the same.

image.thumb.png.b50cf24ce8c8ede296453355ac56d301.png

• Like 1

They also have the Caps beating the Penguins. That ain't happening.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

So based on 2011, this mean's they'll lose in the Cup finals.

That was more of an exception due to sudden rule change in the finals coupled with Canucks being banged up. They usually get it right.

But I get ya. Still pisses me off to this day that Sedins didn't get to win a cup and that f*cking rat Marchand stole one thanks to his buddy Greg Campbell's dad.

I wouldn't mind it if either the Preds or the Jets win the cup this year. And frankly, I think they are the two best teams in the NH this season.

The Jets and NSH are the contenders out of the west, TB and PIT out of the East.  Some TO pundits say TO is a contender but don't believe it.

Wild cards are Vegas and Boston.

Posted (edited)

I want to see VGK and WPG in the western conference finals, if that's possible. That would be a heck of a series, both arenas super loud and going crazy. Out of the east I think it'll be TB.

WPG vs TB in the SCF

Edited by NUCKER67