The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers may consider trading first round pick

Incoming flood of proposals on how JB could acquire that pick.

Nucks need to identify(or guess) who will be next year's Edmonton, a team everyone thinks will be a lock but will end up a lottery team.

3 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

For that, I'd want Puljujarvi instead of their first round pick - assuming the Edmonton pick falls outside of the lottery (conspiracy theorists are claiming that either Vancouver or Edmonton's going to get the number 1 overall). ^_^

Im not sold on Puljujarvi just yet it seems like the oilers f'd up his development, like they do with all thr 1st rounders. But at the same time he prob just needs some time.

5 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Would definitely take a cap dump to close the deal. I think its a fair deal but could see the oilers asking for Leipsic to close the deal.

I would do Tanev + Leipsic + 2nd + cap dump if they are in that 9th spot after the lottery. If we came out of the draft with two of Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes, or Dobson. I think our rebuild would be pretty much complete. 

Possible top 6 forwards

Pettersson

Boeser

Horvat

Lind

Virtanen

Gaudette

Dahlin

Possible Top 4 D 

Juolevi

Bouchard/Boqvist

Hughes/Dobson

Tryamkin

Pouliot

Going humongous-big as the universe:

EDM:Lucic ..6 mill x 5 yrs

Sekeras  ..5.5 mill x 3 yrs

Khaira  under a mill

2018 1st

2019 3rd(they have an extra)

VAN: Tanev

MDZ

Gags(for ol'times, eh?)

Granlund, and/or Gaunce

= money's almost equal. Next summer when Edler's contract expires, it'll help handle 2 more yrs of Sekeras(a pretty good D-man)

2 first rounders(top-10) & way more size.

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I would do Tanev + Leipsic + 2nd + cap dump if they are in that 9th spot after the lottery. If we came out of the draft with two of Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes, or Dobson. I think our rebuild would be pretty much complete. 

They are not looking for quantity but quality.

They want either a top line winger to play with McDavid or an offensive D.  Tanev is not the kind of D they are looking for - OEL would be their target.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Going humongous-big as the universe:

EDM:Lucic ..6 mill x 5 yrs

Sekeras  ..5.5 mill x 3 yrs

Khaira  under a mill

2018 1st

2019 3rd(they have an extra)

VAN: Tanev

MDZ

Gags(for ol'times, eh?)

Granlund

= money's almost equal. Next summer when Edler's contract expires, it'll help handle 2 more yrs of Sekeras(a pretty good D-man)

2 first rounders(top-10) & way more size.

Would rather have the Twins back at 8mil each for two more years than Lucic and LE at their present contracts.......

8 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

For that, I'd want Puljujarvi instead of their first round pick - assuming the Edmonton pick falls outside of the lottery (conspiracy theorists are claiming that either Vancouver or Edmonton's going to get the number 1 overall). ^_^

Well you gotta admit we deserve it. We've done all we can to prove to Betman we may suck but we are trying. 8 game losing skid followed by gaining traction and getting points in 8 of the last 9 games. ^^ 

pluswe got lotto screwed twice lower. If we win it proves his theory right. It pays off more to try and win down the stretch then to tank. We would be the prime example lol . 2 draft drops. One year we do slightly better we win lol. Plus njd and Phi moved up big time from last year. 

Sign me up ! Draft lotto here we come. Watch us get 8th lol

3 minutes ago, mll said:

They are not looking for quantity but quality.

They want either a top line winger to play with McDavid or an offensive D.  Tanev is not the kind of D they are looking for - OEL would be their target.

Hopefully OEL and Karlsson tell EDmonton to shove it

Archived