The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Travel Thread

WilliG

In 2018, I plan to visit the Baltic countries; Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. I'll probably keep it simple and book a package tour of all three and might also try to combine it with a couple of days in Minsk, Belarus. For my summer holiday, I'm looking at Italy and Spain. I've never been to either and apparently the beaches are fantastic as well as being suitably 'different' to make it interesting.

What are your plans?

• Like 1

I'm staying in Canada.  First we are flying to Halifax, renting a car and touring Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI. 

For the rest of the summer we will be taking every chance we get to go camping somewhere on Vancouver Island.  And camping is more like glamping.  We have a trailer, so it's not exactly roughing it, but it's still good times.

• Like 1

Going to do a cross Canada road trip from Quebec to BC at some point in the next 16 months.

Also not really a big trip but in May I am going camping in Banff. I go to Alberta a lot cause I have family there.

Plans for 2019 include the Carribean (Jamaica or Dominica) and Mexico.

• Like 1

Right after high school most people I knew went to Thailand or that area of the south pacific.  Major tourist areas.  Others did Australia.  A few more did the major European hot spots. 

Mi Amigo Paul and I drove across Canada in a chewed up 95 Thunderbird.  3 weeks and some amazing sights in this country

We had plans to travel as far south as Panama before moving further towards South America.  The whole trip was driving to Panama, Through Belize and into Columbia on some cheap enduros and go as far south as Patagonia before riding back up the west coast.  I went to college though he went to the rigs.  Met up years later after my accident and he'd done the south american tour (he worked day shift on a rig whose night shift won like 25 million on the lottery and they gave every opposing shift worker 50 grand) Work took me to Belize, Mexico, Turkey, China, Iceland, Norway and in to Greenland but never really saw anything outside of airports and camps

For those who have never done Canada.  Do it.  Honestly.  Grab a solid backpack and a dependable car and travel across this country.  Pick a location in a province every week and park do a day hike meet the people in small towns and visit the local tourist spots.  

This country has some of the most magnificent people and locations you'll ever see.

I'm planning to visit Croatia in summer. I heard many positive reviews about this country and want to spend there at least week to explore its sailing destinations. I've found one local yacht charter service Sailica so I guess we'll rent a yacht with my friends for a few days. It's gonna be a great journey

Edited by luckyjack

6 hours ago, WilliG said:

In 2018, I plan to visit the Baltic countries; Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. I'll probably keep it simple and book a package tour of all three and might also try to combine it with a couple of days in Minsk, Belarus. For my summer holiday, I'm looking at Italy and Spain. I've never been to either and apparently the beaches are fantastic as well as being suitably 'different' to make it interesting.

What are your plans?

I went to the Baltics a few years ago. Landed in Tallinn and drove down to Lithuania. Amazing. You should definitely go to the island of Saaremaa. It's crazy nice. Lithuania was awesome, Nida is a beautiful beach on this spit--really nice. Druskininkai is this kind of resort town based around spas, it's awesome.

You really can't go wrong, beautiful part of the world. 

I'm probably going to Hungary/Romania/etc this fall. 

-March: Vegas for Canucks game

-July: Jamaica with my mana

-Fall: Phoenix (Glendale) for a 'Yotes game

-June: Possibly back to Vancouver for the draft

-December: Taking my mom to Montreal;  might catch a Habs game

-Probably back to Vegas since I love it there

I'm hoping to save up enough points for a pair of 1st class tickets on Emirate Airlines and a week in the Maldives.  

Probably need to wait until 2 more years for that.... by then I'll probably need to pay for airfare for my son too.... need to start saving for that too now I guess.  

• Like 1

I'm into day trips these days.  I'm going to Ketchikan, AK in June for the day.  For long distance trips like to the east coast, I will stay there more than a day.  My mother and I are going to Boston in October.  She's been trying to get the family to move there, and she told be about this hockey team in Boston.  I told her that Montreal was about an hour plane ride from Boston.  

Frontier is having a sale that ends tonight for $15 each way to select cities from Seattle.  Cleveland was really enticing, I don't really know where it is, somewhere in OH, and then I saw that the $15 ones were out of the way times to fly, and I could not come up a way to make it work for a day trip.  How is taking off at 9:35pm and landing around 5am in Cleveland and then leaving a little after 4pm back to Seattle.  I was thinking every possible way to make it work at that price, but then I thought, it is not working to work.  

On 4/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Just got back from Mexico. Sickening how Americanized Playa Del Carmen is. First time ever there, and I did not expect to be walking by Victoria Secret, Forever 21, Hollister, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. 

All tourist places are like that.  

You can be in the shopping district of Paris, Tokyo, Madrid, wherever.... and there will be Zara, H&M, Uniqlo, etc.  

On 2018-04-19 at 10:05 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Just got back from Mexico. Sickening how Americanized Playa Del Carmen is. First time ever there, and I did not expect to be walking by Victoria Secret, Forever 21, Hollister, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. 

Did you get to see the Walmart there?