- Road trip from Vancouver to Montreal....in February

- 2 or 3 Vancouver to Winnipeg road trips

- 1 or 2 Vancouver to Calgary/Edmonton Greyhound trips 

- Seattle x3 

- New York x2 

- Portland

- Dallas

- Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam/Taiwan 2018 

It's a bucket list thing of mine to see a NHL game in every arena. So far I've gotten Vancouver (PC & RA), Calgary, Edmonton, Dallas, New York (Manhattan & Brooklyn), & New Jersey. Got my tickets for Toronto later this year, fingers crossed they have a game scheduled during my trip. 

In Thailand right now, Ko Toa is amazing did 6 days of scuba diving, wanted to stay forever. The nightlife on Ko Toa is fun, found one place that turns all their restaurants tables into beer pong tables, fun time meeting people from all over the world. I’m Currently in Bangkok, it is a crazy city, could get into lots of trouble here if not careful. 

Travel for this year is

3 weeks in the cook islands in September, and  2 weeks in Cuba for Christmas

Over the summer lots of trips to the okanagan for fly fishing 

• Cheers 1

Lucky to have been all over the west and east coasts of the USA. 

Brother lives in LA so the last few years have done road trips to check out other states on our way to Cali. Lived in Massachusetts as a kid so thats how I got the east coast covered. 

2018 - Nashville, Boston (this was a sports related trip), Turks and Caicos

2019 - Europe....England, France and Switzerland for sure. Went with school like 10 years ago so never really gone to truly be a tourist.

2019 - New Orleans...planned around a  Saints game once we get tix

I work in the film industry and really only have the summer to take trips 

Edited by FutureFilm
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who are planning a trip to Russia, you shouldn't repeat my mistake. Turns out there is a whole list of   the grounds for the ban on entry to Russia.

I got denied.

The article I linked is in Russia, but with google translate or the alternatives it's not a big deal, especially compared to what happened to me. So much time and money wasted.

Edited by Tooth_Fairy

10 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

The Mobil in Point Roberts, 81cents US/liter. 

I've been bringing in jerry cans lol

Can-Am in Point Bob was about $1.20 US the other day. Expensive by American standards but still a helluva lot cheaper than the $1.63 it was up here. 

8 hours ago, Tooth_Fairy said:

Those of you who are planning a trip to Russia, you shouldn't repeat my mistake. Turns out there is a whole list of   the grounds for the ban on entry to Russia.

I got denied.

The article I linked is in Russia, but with google translate or the alternatives it's not a big deal, especially compared to what happened to me. So much time and money wasted.

How did you get denied?

On 4/5/2019 at 1:09 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Those prices are factoring in the exchange differences aren't they? Otherwise I really fail to see the point of driving down there

Yes they are.  Even with my small 40L tank it’s worth it for me to go down. 

Edited by Sean Monahan

On 4/5/2019 at 1:09 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Those prices are factoring in the exchange differences aren't they? Otherwise I really fail to see the point of driving down there

Even if they weren't, it works out to like 1.05 canadian per liter. That's not worth it to you? You'd rather pay 60 cents more per liter? 

Factor in bringing jerry cans, and it makes it even more worthwhile than it already is. 

On 4/5/2019 at 5:26 AM, Tooth_Fairy said:

I got denied.

Hmm I was thinking of a taking a quick trip to Vladivostok from Vancouver since the flight is only 8 hrs, and then taking the Tran-siberian railway across Russia to Moscow.

I heard getting a Russian visa is harder to obtain than other countries? 

9 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Any body have some tips for Switzerland? We are looking at the interlaken area. We will have about 3-4 days and need to finish in Milan. Any input is appreciated. We are looking at getting a swiss rail pass.

I took the train from Milan to Zurich a few years ago. Just be prepared for some serious prices. Lucerne is probably the closest to Zurich and the most popular lake to visit in that area. Zurich has some nice parks where you can bbq and have a drink, would recommend that if you're spending time in Zurich and looking to keep costs down.

My wife and I took our two friends to dinner. They purposefully picked a moderately price restaurant, didn't have appetizers, and only order a 1/2 L of wine and it still ran us $300+. It is a good city to bike around though. They take their weekends seriously, especially Sunday. Its mostly time spent with families. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

I took the train from Milan to Zurich a few years ago. Just be prepared for some serious prices. Lucerne is probably the closest to Zurich and the most popular lake to visit in that area. Zurich has some nice parks where you can bbq and have a drink, would recommend that if you're spending time in Zurich and looking to keep costs down.

My wife and I took our two friends to dinner. They purposefully picked a moderately price restaurant, didn't have appetizers, and only order a 1/2 L of wine and it still ran us $300+. It is a good city to bike around though. They take their weekends seriously, especially Sunday. Its mostly time spent with families. 

Thanks for the response. We are thinking of spending minimal time in Zurich, if any. We just need to sort out whether we enter from Italy and exit via Italy or enter through Germany and exit into Italy (we fly into Frankfurt). We plan on only spending a few days to keep costs down and will spend most of our time in the southern alps around Lauterbrunnen I think. Did you take any trains in the alps and/or between the towns in the area?