The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Pierre Dorion said they will keep their pick.(can we change their minds?)

Take on Bobby Ryan's Contract?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I could see Ottawa trying to trade Ryan and giving up an asset, but it would be hard to see them parting with their 1st round pick just to do that. I went to Capfriendly and Ryan has a contract that generates a higher cap hit than actual salary cost, on a buy out, even with his signing bonuses. And since they are never a cap team, they would probably just buy him out if they wanted to save money.

I think it is about 3.4 million cap hit for 4 years and then under 2 for another 4, but the actual dollars are 1.8. +or -

I guess if Dorion threatens a buy him out, Ryan might lift his modified trade clause if he wants to make the big money. I could see Ottawa retaining up to 1 million a year, or maybe a bit higher. But would Dorion give up the first knowing that next year they don't have one? Maybe they would give up the Pittsburgh 1st?

To Van 

Ryan (1 million retained) 6.25 for 4 more years (ugg)

Pittsburgh first

Formenton

To Ottawa: 

Hutton

Nilsson

Utica forward (Carcone...)

I have no idea what is fair but I think Hutton needs a fresh start. I doubt Vancouver does this though because GMJB has the opposite problem in 3-4 years. He wants to be a cap team and $ is sometimes more flexible, so I doubt Vancouver takes Ryan.

I am more curious about a team like Washington. Are they going to be all in again next year, even if they bow out early? If a guy like Orpik gets exposed in these playoffs because he is too slow, could Vancouver convert that into an asset? If Washington lose his contract they could re-sign Carlson. 

To Van:

Orpik (5.5m)

1st rnd pick

Bowey, would they do that?

To Washington:

Hutton (No Ottawa deal obviously) Apparently he still has good 'underlying numbers' and I've heard it is a personality issue with coach, maybe still has value?

Baertchi (rights) Still young and could be had for cheap, could have more value in speedy East? 

2nd or 3rd (As a sweetener for Bowey)

If I were JB I would give up a second rounder this year for a mid to late first and M Bowey. He could then use Tanev or the late first or both to move up from his first pick if he really likes someone higher. 

Still lots of cap to throw at Tavares:) 14m x 5years? Is that crazy, I mean besides the amount? 

Archived