The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BFHL 2018/19

Master Mind

9 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Just my 2 pennies, but I would respectfully dispute the notion that taking time on a pick suggests a GM is somehow less prepared or unprepared. There are always other factors to consider. For me, I have an AGM whose opinion I highly value so I always want to hear the pros and cons from him. Plus the fact that sometimes me being on CDC doesnt necessarily reflect that I am looking at fantasy hockey stuff.

I have a list of players I like too well before my pick comes up but the other guys being taken off the board along the way can also impact which way I go. I see no issue taking a bit of time to flesh out the decision. That's part of the fun to me, reasoning out those decisions. 

I am very long winded at times, sorry all....it is now in spoilers so if you don't care, and that is likely, just skip it, lol. 

That is a good and legit point Mi Amigo, I dunno that I was inferring that long waits between picks are that the GM is unprepared...I think by and large most picks are within a reasonable amount of time, in every league I have been involved in...but for me when there is no time limit a small percentage of people on cdc, which is my only experience at this type of drawn out drafting, like to try to go to marathon lengths of drawing out the pick, which in all honesty makes me want to quit the league. No limit...fine..take a day or two to touch base and read up on a guy or three, but when it starts to drag into the end of a third day and dawn of a fourth day...unless your out of town, your just making 30 other GMs wait because you can, and I find that incredibly rude, more rude than me saying HURRY THE HEFF UP!. Now, I mean 'you' as in anyone doing it, not you as in YOU...ya know what i mean i hope. 

I get that it can take a day or two or even three in a pinch but when you know your in a league in draft mode..if your interested and polite enough to warrant playing with: I think its not much to ask that a GM check in to see when they are at the podium and try within reason to make a selection. That is all. And yeah life is too short to wait 50 hours or more between picks even if there is no limit. lol. I guess it may have been inferred that someone may not be prepared...and I am sure some aren't but the vast majority are keen to select and a small minority tend to want to hold it up..okay this horse has been whipp ed good. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I was wondering how long before the first Canuck went. I was hoping he'd fall to my next pick haha.

You weren't the only one. Dang. Solid pick Cap.

• Upvote 1