The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BFHL 2018/19

Master Mind

Yeah Monty! Geez, making your selection a full minute before Master Mind called on you....(*seriously haha it shows me MM saying Monty is up 18 mins ago and then Monty selecting is the next post after that but says 17 mins ago!)

Now that is the kind of draft I like! lolz. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Yeah Monty! Geez, making your selection a full minute before Master Mind called on you....(*seriously haha it shows me MM saying Monty is up 18 mins ago and then Monty selecting is the next post after that but says 17 mins ago!)

Now that is the kind of draft I like! lolz. 

Not everyone lives and dies by CDC like I do, so I understand why others take a long time.

As for my pick, was ridiculously easy. I compiled my list of 10 guys (and add to it once someone is taken), so picking someone won’t take me long. Once I see that I’m up, I’ll select.

• Upvote 1

yeah: i totally admit to my first world problems....."oh noes, the hockey website chat rooms fantasy league guys are being so slow here in May, drafting our teams for October, i may just have to die". So yeah i get it..but at the same time, I am like you and have known for some time who my targets are at every draft I am in...the hard part is narrowing down the top three on my lists once its close to or at my turn, haha. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

the hard part is narrowing down the top three on my lists

I make sure that I slot Nail Yakupov in my top 3, which effectively makes it a decision between 2.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just my 2 pennies, but I would respectfully dispute the notion that taking time on a pick suggests a GM is somehow less prepared or unprepared. There are always other factors to consider. For me, I have an AGM whose opinion I highly value so I always want to hear the pros and cons from him. Plus the fact that sometimes me being on CDC doesnt necessarily reflect that I am looking at fantasy hockey stuff.

I have a list of players I like too well before my pick comes up but the other guys being taken off the board along the way can also impact which way I go. I see no issue taking a bit of time to flesh out the decision. That's part of the fun to me, reasoning out those decisions. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Just my 2 pennies, but I would respectfully dispute the notion that taking time on a pick suggests a GM is somehow less prepared or unprepared. There are always other factors to consider. For me, I have an AGM whose opinion I highly value so I always want to hear the pros and cons from him. Plus the fact that sometimes me being on CDC doesnt necessarily reflect that I am looking at fantasy hockey stuff.

I have a list of players I like too well before my pick comes up but the other guys being taken off the board along the way can also impact which way I go. I see no issue taking a bit of time to flesh out the decision. That's part of the fun to me, reasoning out those decisions. 

:wub:

• Upvote 1

On 21/05/2018 at 3:10 AM, Captain Azzy said:

And yet of the elite goalies, who are worth so much more, only three have gone :o

Yikes, you're right Cap'n! Better grab (another) one, before they all disappear... 

5b04bc04ac0b5_2018-05-2217_57_43.jpg.1db95309e4f5bc96e93dfa4800b1862e.jpg

With our second pick, the Vancouver Canucks create a déjà vu goaltender controversy by selecting Tuukka Rask. 

@Captain Azzy

2 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

Yikes, you're right Cap'n! Better grab (another) one, before they all disappear... 

With our second pick, the Vancouver Canucks create a déjà vu goaltender controversy by selecting Tuukka Rask. 

@Captain Azzy

Interesting choice to take 2 goalies.

• Upvote 1

Just now, somethingvery said:

Not able to keep two beyond this upcoming season, but advantageous to have two top 5, playoff bound keepers (one in each conference) for this season. 

Definitely the best move you can make when going for it. Will be a big loss afterward though (I hope you read that no trades can take place between the trade deadline and keeper selection deadline, meaning if you load up you can't re-sell them after playoffs).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Definitely the best move you can make when going for it. Will be a big loss afterward though (I hope you read that no trades can take place between the trade deadline and keeper selection deadline, meaning if you load up you can't re-sell them after playoffs).

The Canucks are going for it, and the loading-up-loss will be for all those wishing to contend, with the maximum skaters allowed to be kept, too. 

We'll see how this plan goes, need to try some way to separate ourselves from this superior group of GM's! 

• Upvote 1