The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nazem Kadri suspended 3 games

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I was expecting two games, but I'm glad they gave him three games. I hope the Department of Player Safety continues to make a statement with such calls.

well a rare thing happened

my prediction was realized - i nailed this suspension

good ole kadri

looks good on him

and kadri is their number 2 centre. their defensive and shut down centre

and when he got booted the bergevin line ventilated the leafs

and they have no one to replace him at this time

so this series may be done in 3 more games

i posted that 3 games would amount to a suspension for the series and playoffs for kadri

so the leafs make what.. about 2 million profit per home playoff game

and they almost are now guaranteed to be punted this round .. and likely in 4 or 5

so no 3rd home playoff date this series for them

$2 million profit disappers

and no chance at a 2nd round and additional 3 more home games.. maybe 4 . depends who they draw

so kadri's next contract extension negotiations could be interesting

he might have to take a bit of a haircut if he wants to extend with the leafs

and he is also tainted goods more so now

cuz he will get no breaks for future similar conduct

hope it costs him a bundle

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

good ole kadri

looks good on him

i posted that 3 games would amount to a suspension for the series and playoffs for kadri

and they almost are now guaranteed to be punted this round .. and likely in 4 or 5

and no chance at a 2nd round and additional 3 more home games.. maybe 4 . depends who they draw

Do you think Shanny holds this over Kadri's head like he should?  Life, unfortunately, isn't quite so poetic

if it is indeed Parros calling this suspension, all I can say is IT'S ABOUT EFFING TIME!!

Look, Kadri is a well known loose cannon and it is not ok for any player to play judge, jury and executioner on any play.  Thank God the little puke  missed Wingels head.  FFS!

It should of been four or more games, but I guess it's different when the league is inciting violence.

The league is gambling that 3 games is enough for the Bruins to get over it and move on, I'm guessing they are wrong.

8 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I will always compare playoff suspensions to Rome's 4 Stanley Cup Final games and nothing ever seems like enough.

Come on now.  Especially what we know now about head injuries that many just suspected at the time?

Rome's hit absolutely annihilated Horton! The beginning of the end, he never played a full season in the NHL again.  A former #3 overall pick who played his last game before he was 28 years old with concussion problems. I always begrudged what happened to Raymond, was embarrassed they let Marchand act like an idiot.  But don't wish on anyone what happened to Nathan Horton.

If anything Rome's suspension was light.   

Similarly, even though it was not as heavy a hit as Rome, I'm more inclined to believe yesterdays hit was a pure cheap shot. I would have liked 4 games or more for Kadri.

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Come on now.  Especially what we know now about head injuries that many just suspected at the time?

Rome's hit absolutely annihilated Horton! The beginning of the end, he never played a full season in the NHL again.  A former #3 overall pick who played his last game before he was 28 years old with concussion problems. I always begrudged what happened to Raymond, was embarrassed they let Marchand act like an idiot.  But don't wish on anyone what happened to Nathan Horton.

If anything Rome's suspension was light.   

Similarly, even though it was not as heavy a hit as Rome, I'm more inclined to believe yesterdays hit was a pure cheap shot. I would have liked 4 games or more for Kadri.

The result of the Rome hit was bad but not the intention. It was a clean hit if it wasn't for being like a 1/10 of a second late.

Just right I guess but considering that it's a playoffs, a bit high. I guess whether it's the playoffs or not shouldn't matter so good on DoPS for getting it right.

But I wonder, why does it feel like whenever the hit is against the Bruins player, the number of games handed to the offender feels like it's a bit high/just right whereas when the act is carried out by the Bruins' players, it's usually 1 or 2 games max.

Wow. NHL got this one right. Finally. The fallout from Leaf fans on the various fan boards is hilarious. What a bunch of entitled twits. They really do believe their players are above this type of punishment. Entertaining as heck it is.

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The thing is, it shouldn't be based on who it was (that was hit) or what the result was.  That isn't preventative, it waits for results.  And so many variables factor in.  You also allow for embellishing to stiffen penalties.

Rome's was a different deal...he put on the brakes before he hit him and it wasn't on the boards.  There was NO intent to "go after" him...it was more of a hockey check.  Unfortunate, yes....but he didn't rev it up then go.  Kadri charged at a guy he was targeting and pissed at who was on the boards and on his way down.  Launched, HARD, at him despite it all.  The most dangerous situation.  So, if we look at all the details, those are important and the worst of the worsts. How the hit was doled out.  

Kadri did a god damn throat slash gesture during a game once...if you did that to an employee on any other job you'd be canned.  He's volatile and a ticking time bomb.  I don't care if he or Marchand are good players, they seem to enjoy the ugly side a little too much.  Marchand's is almost glorified by the league but he's a dirty piece of garbage who can also score goals.  He endangers others to do so.

So rather than look at the details of who received the hit, unfortunate outcome or not, they should be focused on the details of the person who doled it and how it went down.  Guys like Marchand and Kadri shouldn't have wiggle room at this point.  They're dangerous and to ignore that is wrong.

Consistency won't happen if they keep changing the markers based on jersey numbers.

I hope that this is a partial reason they get knocked off by boston , I hope this is a partial reason that TO trades him . 3 game's it'll do ..each dirty hit does have its uniqueness ,but factor in him being a repeat offender, then there should be a base line (5 games min) that's where they continue to miss the mark with this type of player who just doesn't seem to get it! even matt cooke changed his ways albeit because players like shea weber taking it upon themselves to help change players tendencies, so DOPS for kadri's own good could have helped nazim, with a stiffer penalty ,but hey i'm not opposed to letting the players make improvements .

Weber_P8zq2qT.png_center_1_img__play_button.png

14 hours ago, coastal.view said:

good ole kadri

looks good on him

I don't think Kadri is a free agent in the near future. 

You're right totally selfish play.

Archived