Carl Gunnarsson

Vladimir Sobotka

Jake Walman

St.Louis 2019 2nd

St.Louis 2019 3rd

To St.Louis:

Brendan Gaunce

Derrick Pouliot

Deal to happen after St.Louis signs Tavares to a 12.5M x 7 year deal. Gunnarsson could easily be flipped for a 2nd/3rd (see Kempny/Davidson trades) at deadline. Sobotka might have to be dealt the season after. Walman a good prospect.

Fabbri-Tavares-Tarasenko

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou

Berglund-Thomas-Steen

Jaskin-Barbashev-Thompson

Thoburn

Gaunce

Dunn-Pietrangelo

Edmundson-Parayko

Bouwmeester-Schmaltz

Bortuzzo

Pouliot

Allen

Husso

Future defense in 2-3 years:

Juolevi-Dobson/Boqvist/Bouchard

Walman-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Stecher

I'd be all over this but I doubt we'd get a 2nd, 3rd, and Walman. Gunnarsson and Sobotka aren't exactly horrible contracts and Pouliot and Gaunce have essentially no value other than the fact they're cheap roster fillers. This is exactly the kind of deal that Canucks should be targeting though.

Seems like a good idea in theory. 

I like Pouliot and would prefer to keep him but moving him isn't the end of the world.  He's probably replaceable but I'd see if we could move Hutton instead. 

I'm still not sure what Gaunce even brings to the team, unfortunately, so I'm okay with him going as well.

Both Gunnarsson and Sobotka could garner mid-picks at the deadline, if not more, if they have decent seasons.  Walman and the other two picks are decent value but perhaps we'd only get a combination of those assets.

13 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Stopped reading when you made the incorrect  assumption that St Louis COULD sign Taveres  to an 8 year deal. They can’t. Only the Isles can.  

Blues send a diet Pepsi to the Islanders for his rights.

36 minutes ago, Gally said:

I'd be all over this but I doubt we'd get a 2nd, 3rd, and Walman. Gunnarsson and Sobotka aren't exactly horrible contracts and Pouliot and Gaunce have essentially no value other than the fact they're cheap roster fillers. This is exactly the kind of deal that Canucks should be targeting though.

I was going to put in Bouwmeester instead of Gunnarsson but he has a NTC and don't think he wants to play in Canada. Also he probably has some value due to his name/past.

But some Blues fans are wanting him out due to Dunn, Edmundson and Gunnarsson being ahead on depth chart.

I would rather keep Pouliot in Vancouver, Gaunce as forward depth while the team develops more youngsters.

Would not make sense to me to add Sobotka or Gunarsson at this stage in the canucks development. Would be interested in Schmaltz and Thompson from the Blues in any deal but don't see them moving.

On 4/14/2018 at 2:48 PM, Patrick Kane said:

To Vancouver:
Carl Gunnarsson

Vladimir Sobotka

Jake Walman

St.Louis 2019 2nd

St.Louis 2019 3rd

To St.Louis:

Brendan Gaunce

Derrick Pouliot

I'd say simplify the deal due to too many components. And Sobotka might be an improvement on Baer...? (same amount of pts)

To Vancouver:
Vladimir Sobotka

St.Louis 2018 3rd

To St.Louis:

Brendan Gaunce

Vancouver 2018 7th

Archived