The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob Cole upset with being left out of playoff broadcasts

I quit on Cole in 94 WCF, he had a massive man crush for " and Gilmour", the puck was often closer to the Canuck player or had it on his stick.

I watch online and enjoy Emrick on NBC and others and don't miss the Leaf, Habs or Alberta bias at all. Ron and Don I can't stomach.

This is why I always admired Jim Robson. He probably could still call games. But he was finding harder and harder to do. As the ultimate professional and his drive to make the great call, he retired. Just like the Sedins he went out before he started making mistakes. Why doesn't Sportsnet/CBC hire Gord Miller?

8 hours ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

"He dumped it in there alllllright, he passed it up there allright, he got it out allright"

"here comes kaberle, to sundin....SUNNNNNDIIIIIIIIIN....score!"

update to 2018: HE PASSES THE THING TO THE GUY AN HES COMING DOWN THE IEEEEEEEE..............

Bob? Bob, wake up. Wake up, Bob!

"THEY'RE IN THE ZONE, THAT GUY HAS THE PUCK NOW, AND HE PASSES TO THE DEFENSEMAN, SHOT..."

Some people on CDC: Omg guys! Bob cole's a legend! smfh rofl

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So when the Canucks do win a cup, it's void because Cole didn't call it? 

Hockey moved on Foster Hewitt.

Personally I'm surprised that Joe Bowen isn't calling more games.

It's just a bit of a joke.

but I would be more than happy to have bob Cole call a win for us if the two johns are not available.

I was never a Bob Cole fan, but the more exposed I got to American announcers, I can appreciate him a little more than before. But way too Leafs-focused, but that covers a large group of people.

Doc Emrick :sick:.  That voice should not be broadcast beyond the Eastern states.

On 4/14/2018 at 5:47 PM, Monty said:

Honestly, just due to his lack of/never studying players on a consistent basis other than the Leafs (whether old age or other reasons), I’d rather watch a game with no sound on than when he calls it. Have felt that way since the mid 90s.

I just fell in love with you

a little

Archived