The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top LGBT Rights Lawyer Sets Himself on Fire

nucklehead

31 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'm unsure why you mention where the money came from; I'm reasonably sure the people fighting for their version of the environment don't care where the money came from, as long as it furthers their goals.

This is about the worst thing I've seen you post on this board. It seems obvious that to him, his life was more than "a bit hard"

I disagree.   He had obvious mental health issues and something was a bit harder for him to handle than the reality of being alive.   Not sure how else you want to say it.  We are not discussing this in front of his family.    He needed help he obviously wasn't getting.   I don't know what "bit" was too much for him, but I seriously doubt it was a lack of action on climate.

33 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'm unsure why you mention where the money came from; I'm reasonably sure the people fighting for their version of the environment don't care where the money came from, as long as it furthers their goals.

When they are paid to protest, they do care where it comes from.    Rent-a-protester is beyond common tactic with Tides money that is spent in Canada.

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I disagree.   He had obvious mental health issues and something was a bit harder for him to handle than the reality of being alive.   Not sure how else you want to say it.  We are not discussing this in front of his family.    He needed help he obviously wasn't getting.   I don't know what "bit" was too much for him, but I seriously doubt it was a lack of action on climate.

Using the word "bit" trivializes his pain and makes it sound like he should have just "sucked it up, put on his man pants". Not helpful, at all.

Just now, gurn said:

Using the word "bit" trivializes his pain and makes it sound like he should have just "sucked it up, put on his man pants". Not helpful, at all.

Wasn't the intention at all, sorry you took it that way.   If you had any clue about me at all you would not have projected such a horribly interpretation but I can in the internet world how you could think that.   Wasn't trying to help him - he is now beyond help.   Was trying to make a point that he had issues and something pushed him over the edge that was likely quite trivial in compare to one's life but when you have a mental health challenge, perspective is lacking.   

I don't trivialize human life.   Again, apologies for implying that I did and if that offended you.

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

My bad.

If I'm ever offended everyone would know.

Verbal conversations are so much better than printed word, so much easier to get tone and emphasis correct.

That is why so many 20 somethings and teens have few friends and don't date enough etc. - they can only communicate electronically and that is a pretty sad way to live a life.   Discussing hockey - that is fine.   Life issues?   If anyone is using internet alone for that then that is a big problem in my opinion.   

Cheers.   

18 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That is why so many 20 somethings and teens have few friends and don't date enough etc. - they can only communicate electronically and that is a pretty sad way to live a life.   Discussing hockey - that is fine.   Life issues?   If anyone is using internet alone for that then that is a big problem in my opinion.   

Cheers.   

What a load of BS. 

If anything young adults spend too much time socializing these day. 30 years ago people in their mid and late 20s would have been homeowners and have multiple kids. Now they spend all their time drinking with their friends. Part of that is that things like homes and careers aren't available to them. 

The idea that electronic communication somehow makes you less social is total BS. I was recently and got on tinder. It was crazy how much dating you could do. The same goes for text messages and facebook. They are a means of communicating with other people and dramatically make it much easier to arrange social engagements. 

38 minutes ago, taxi said:

What a load of BS. 

If anything young adults spend too much time socializing these day. 30 years ago people in their mid and late 20s would have been homeowners and have multiple kids. Now they spend all their time drinking with their friends. Part of that is that things like homes and careers aren't available to them. 

The idea that electronic communication somehow makes you less social is total BS. I was recently and got on tinder. It was crazy how much dating you could do. The same goes for text messages and facebook. They are a means of communicating with other people and dramatically make it much easier to arrange social engagements. 

Lmao

Wow

did you click on a profile, swipe, and then have casual sex back in your basement?

1 hour ago, taxi said:

What a load of BS. 

I could not disagree with you more.  I see people all at the same table all looking down at their damn devices versus looking into the eyes of their tablemates and having real human interaction.    

I think social media is ruining human interaction.  Apparently you think it is great.    

Go for Tinder or whatever all you want.   I will do it the old fashioned way.    

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I could not disagree with you more.  I see people all at the same table all looking down at their damn devices versus looking into the eyes of their tablemates and having real human interaction.    

I think social media is ruining human interaction.  Apparently you think it is great.    

Go for Tinder or whatever all you want.   I will do it the old fashioned way.    

Literally every dinner date I see......the couple has their phones out.  I agree rob.

Archived