-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, coastal.view said:

dan cloutier

would better represent the real needs and flaws of the organization

the hockey gods would not be able to ignore him

that is my best shot anyway :P

i doubt it will have the same impact as lidstrom's did

in the psyche of so many canuck fans

You send Dan Cloutier if central scouting has the next Patrick Roy at #1 in the lottery.

33 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

You send Dan Cloutier if central scouting has the next Patrick Roy at #1 in the lottery.

There hasn't been a goalie near the top of a draft in a long time. Price and Quick the two most recent.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

There hasn't been a goalie near the top of a draft in a long time. Price and Quick the two most recent.

??? - 72nd overall Quick? Perhaps you mean MAF?

Jack Campbell went quite high, and it couldn't have gone much worse. Since then, GMs haven't bit much on goaltenders that high.

15 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Makes sense.

Jimbo, head honcho drafting maestro, extraordinaire goes and reels in a beauty. I am putting in my order for a Dahlin jersey as I type this. 

Bettman speaking to his wife at breakfast.

"What the f---k's wrong with me hon, I tried to send the memo saying NYR but my computer kept spell checking to Vancouver Canucks. In the end I could feel Jim Benning giving me a big warm hug so I just went with it."

13 hours ago, canuktravella said:

soo  why do people make horrible meaningless posts who cares if benning represents us at lotto  it wont effect the lotto in any way i hope we move up to first or 2nd or 3rd but not counting on it happening.

I don't know if any of us have ever posted anything meaningful on these boards lol.

But if there is one poster that can't be accused on posting meaningless content, it would be Vintage Canuck. 

Is it the curse of drafting #5? Because that curse has been broken already.

Is it the curse of falling 3 spots? Our odds are better to be winning 1st overall right now. If we drop to 9th, all bottom 6 teams will be in for a huge disappointment then.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:47 PM, redhdlois said:

That will be his expression when they announce we get # 1

They don't really anounce #1 it just becomes obvious once #2 is called.

no, you are right, Jim would be the last to know

Don’t the odds say we’re likeliest to drop one spot and select #7 overall?  I can totally hear Jim saying he fully expects to draft a really good hockey player at #7 overall.

But I love the decision Jim has made, to go himself.  TV couldn’t get any better than Jim winning and doing a live interview.  Seriously love Jimbo in front of the camera.  Without question he’s my all time favorite Canuck GM and I’ve been around to witness plenty of them.

Please get lucky.

6 hours ago, By sea and land said:

Don’t the odds say we’re likeliest to drop one spot and select #7 overall?  I can totally hear Jim saying he fully expects to draft a really good hockey player at #7 overall.

But I love the decision Jim has made, to go himself.  TV couldn’t get any better than Jim winning and doing a live interview.  Seriously love Jimbo in front of the camera.  Without question he’s my all time favorite Canuck GM and I’ve been around to witness plenty of them.

Please get lucky.

He's #2 behind Pat Quinn for me.  I'm a fan but I don't think he enjoys the media aspects of the job.  Glad we have Linden around to handle the interviews if needed.

Archived