TO FLA

Markstrom

DePietro

5th

TO VAN

Luongo

2nd

-----------------------

*** IF WE DON'T WIN DAHLIN WE OFFER OUR 1ST THIS YEAR + NEXT YEAR (UNPROTECTED) TO GET DAHLIN

NEXT YEARS LINES...

Drouin Horvat Boeser

Virtanen Spezza Pettersson

Goldobin Gaudette Gagner

Eriksson Sutter Leipsic

UFA Gudbranson

Dahlin Stecher

Juolevi Makar

Luongo

Nilsson/Demko

FUTURE LINES...

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Drouin Horvat Virtanen

Goldobin Gaudette Liepsic

McEwen Gaunce Gadjovich 

Dahlin Tryamkin

Juolevi Makar

XXXXX Gudbranson/Stecher

Demko

21 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

MASSIVE overpayment for Drouin.   Drouin is a slightly more hyped and promoted version of Goldy but with less drive.   That trade to the Habs would need to have their first this year coming back.

I agree.  Of all the trades in this proposal, that one I said no-go to.

Getting Makar would be incredible, so I like the overall idea but this just wouldn't happen.

I really don't think we need to bring in any more forward talent unless we're talking a true elite player to play on the LW along with Pettersson and Boeser.  Otherwise, we have plenty of players coming down the pipe who are going to be as good as Drouin. (Overall).

Oh... and getting Luongo back?  Not even sure we would be allowed to nor do we need to.

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I agree.  Of all the trades in this proposal, that one I said no-go to.

Getting Makar would be incredible, so I like the overall idea but this just wouldn't happen.

I really don't think we need to bring in any more forward talent unless we're talking a true elite player to play on the LW along with Pettersson and Boeser.  Otherwise, we have plenty of players coming down the pipe who are going to be as good as Drouin. (Overall).

Ya and not a hope Colorado trades a top 5ish pick for a 2nd, 5th and late first round....quantity rarely gets you quality.   As Barrie is likely on way out due to cost within two years, Makar is key to their future.   Canucks would have a better chance getting Barrie and his last two years on deal before UFA that Colorado likely won't want to get into bidding war on. 

I like where your going with this, the idea of major change in the lineup is always encouraging at this stage.  Not a fan of Drouin, but like the creativity.

This team needs more than Edler and Tanev on defense, so anything that includes adding more skilled help there would be helpful.    

53 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Ya and not a hope Colorado trades a top 5ish pick for a 2nd, 5th and late first round....quantity rarely gets you quality.   As Barrie is likely on way out due to cost within two years, Makar is key to their future.   Canucks would have a better chance getting Barrie and his last two years on deal before UFA that Colorado likely won't want to get into bidding war on. 

Barrie is very offensively talented, but I think he needs to be paired with a highly skilled defender like Tanev.  If Tanev is on his way out, unless we can find a similarly talented stay at home guy I'm almost inclined to think I'd pass on him considering the amount of money he would want.  Still, if he ends up going UFA if we haven't solved our scoring from the blueline yet, then I'm sure he'd be a consideration.

5 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

TO DAL

Granlund

Edler

3rd

TO VAN

Spezza

1st

-----------------------

TO COL

Hutton

Lind

DAL 1st

TO VAN

Makar

-----------------------

TO MTL

Tanev

Baertschi

2nd

TO VAN

Drouin

-----------------------

TO FLA

Markstrom

DePietro

5th

TO VAN

Luongo

2nd

-----------------------

*** IF WE DON'T WIN DAHLIN WE OFFER OUR 1ST THIS YEAR + NEXT YEAR (UNPROTECTED) TO GET DAHLIN

NEXT YEARS LINES...

Drouin Horvat Boeser

Virtanen Spezza Pettersson

Goldobin Gaudette Gagner

Eriksson Sutter Leipsic

UFA Gudbranson

Dahlin Stecher

Juolevi Makar

Luongo

Nilsson/Demko

FUTURE LINES...

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Drouin Horvat Virtanen

Goldobin Gaudette Liepsic

McEwen Gaunce Gadjovich 

Dahlin Tryamkin

Juolevi Makar

XXXXX Gudbranson/Stecher

Demko

THOSE ARE TRADES YOU MAKE IN  ?  EA HOCKEY 2018....NEVER NEVER ALL CRAZY TRADES FOR ALL TEAMS...

GOOD THING YOUR NOT A GM YOU WOULD LAST 1 MONTH... FIRED FIRED   

Trade #1 - I'd do this trade. Spezza could help C the 2nd line and the extra 1st is nice. Edler's NTC is gone now too.

Trade #2 - I doubt very highly that COL trades Makar, and I doubt Benning will want to trade Lind.

Trade #3 - Overpayment for Drouin. Maybe don't include the pick.

Trade #4 - Trading our starting goalie and our goalie prospect for a goalie almost set to retire? No thanks. Besides, remember, Lu didn't want to be here. That's kind of important.

6 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

TO DAL                                 I like this trade in it's spirit and think there is a good chance Dallas might take it....

Granlund                               I would take out the 3rd and offer McEneny

Edler

3rd

TO VAN                                 I would flip Spezza at the TDL  for 50% cap retention, so the cost to the trading team 

Spezza                                   would be approx. $1,250,000 for the remainder of the year to the trading team

1st                                          for a 2019 2nd + 2019 3rd

-----------------------

TO COL

Hutton

Lind                                         Love Maker, but Colorado won't be making this trade, and honestly, as much as I 

DAL 1st                                   understand the premise, I keep Lind who is doing well in 2 games in Utica, and the 

1st brings in a good player in a strong year.......but yeah Maker would look great in

TO VAN                                   a Canuck uniform

Makar

-----------------------   

TO MTL                                   I get the trade, don't like the player                 To NYI

Tanev                                      What about                                                       Tanev

Baertschi                                                                                                           Baertschi

2nd

TO VAN                                                                                                            To Vancouver

Drouin                                                                                                              Calgary's 2018 1st

-----------------------                                                                                              Calgary's 2018 2nd

TO FLA

Markstrom                               I really like the premise, but I have suggested a trade some what like this before

DePietro                                  and it has been pointed out that Loui has his whole family there now and there is not

5th                                           much chance he's coming.......but if you could pull it off, I would take out DePietro

and the 5th.............Luongo will retire in the next 2 years, Florida might want to

TO VAN                                   replace him now.........Note that the risk is not having a number one if Demko is

Luongo                                     not ready

2nd

Nice try..........good way to start a discussion...........My opinions are just that and worth about a nickel............

Montreal doesn’t even consider this.  Tanev isn’t needed. They also have several left wingers in the vein on Baertschi.  Like it or not (I don’t), at the moment Drouin is their 1C. On a team already weak down the middle thus trade makes them even worse.  

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal doesn’t even consider this.  Tanev isn’t needed. They also have several left wingers in the vein on Baertschi.  Like it or not (I don’t), at the moment Drouin is their 1C. On a team already weak down the middle thus trade makes them even worse.  

Seriously?  Montreal would love to dump Drouin.  The guy is clearly not a player a team can win with, especially with that contract of his.  No way do we want that guy.  I wouldn't trade Baer straight across for Drouin.  Baer is way cheaper, and a better 200 foot player.  

I do like the idea of getting Makar, but I know the Avs aren't trading him away.

Just now, Alflives said:

Seriously?  Montreal would love to dump Drouin.  The guy is clearly not a player a team can win with, especially with that contract of his.  No way do we want that guy.  I wouldn't trade Baer straight across for Drouin.  Baer is way cheaper, and a better 200 foot player.  

I do like the idea of getting Makar, but I know the Avs aren't trading him away.

They’re going to dump him after one season of learning to play centre? Give your head a shake.  They gave up a potential top pairing D to get him. And his game improved dramatically towards the end of the season.  They’re going to give him every opportunity to become the centre they need. Not dump him off for a middling winger. 

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

They’re going to dump him after one season of learning to play centre? Give your head a shake.  They gave up a potential top pairing D to get him. And his game improved dramatically towards the end of the season.  They’re going to give him every opportunity to become the centre they need. Not dump him off for a middling winger. 

We can agree the trade scenarios proposed in the OP are preposterous? 

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

MASSIVE overpayment for Drouin.   Drouin is a slightly more hyped and promoted version of Goldy but with less drive.   That trade to the Habs would need to have their first this year coming back.

I agree, Montreal made a mistake on that trade. They keep doing some pretty dumb trades

38 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I agree, Montreal made a mistake on that trade. They keep doing some pretty dumb trades

Don't know how he's kept his job as long as he has.  Understood the Subban trade, but it was lopsided considering age, the Sergechev trade is a little early but so far it's a complete bust.  Trading a future Norris candidate for a skilled but entitled winger that really hasn't done anything special at all yet, other than make headlines with Yzerman.  The Joker must have charisma up the Ying Yang to be surviving the Montreal spotlight.

Archived