The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Full rebuild

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Don't know how he's kept his job as long as he has.  Understood the Subban trade, but it was lopsided considering age, the Sergechev trade is a little early but so far it's a complete bust.  Trading a future Norris candidate for a skilled but entitled winger that really hasn't done anything special at all yet, other than make headlines with Yzerman.  The Joker must have charisma up the Ying Yang to be surviving the Montreal spotlight.

He’s French.  And Molson is too cheap to pay out a fired coach and a fired GM at the same time. 

1 hour ago, The Great Canucks said:

Why? I'm not the one posting ridiculous trade proposals.

How are they ridiculous? They may not be perfect but I think they're fair value wise. Whether it's doable or not is a different story

2 hours ago, 6string said:

I know they are but Brock Botanen has posted two ( this the second ) mega-multi blockbuster deal for the day...

Omg I'm sorry, didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post ideas on this forum. I'm going to have to read the rules I guess

Trade away every player over 24 years old for picks, drafting is supposed to be Benning's strong suit even if he is not doing the drafting any more the guys they have seem to be pretty good.

DON'T USE EDMONTON AS AN EXCUSE, they were terrible at drafting.

Remember that there is probably going to be a labour problem in 2020/21, meaning that years draft will be based on previous years.

Go full rebuild, strip it down, start next season, it will take at least two more years taking the team to 2020/21, a year they should rebound if played and if not then another top draft pick due to standings.

The team should not be as good for the next two years, losing over 150 points out of the line up will do that and if the team does "strip it down" the next two years will be rebuilding years, the only problem is how much LA and Anaheim will tank in those years.

If a total "strip down" did occur, the team should see three more years of top ten picks plus whatever picks the strip down can get but only playing two more "sad" seasons, who knows maybe a couple in the top three.

Deplete the prospect pool, play the prospects in the NHL and load up with more draft pick prospects. I mean AHLers and other prospects that may be marginal for the NHL

If this was done in 3/4 years the team will have 6 to 8 of their own 1rst round top 6 picks and should be a serious contender in the playoffs.

Select size and skill with the playoffs in mind.

Leadership can be signed in the form of FA's, the team will be on the rise and could attract the top FA's available and have the cap space to do it.

In 2019/20 expected FA's available might be, Karlsson or Doughty, If Tryamkin comes back and he is as good or better than before that makes a daunting defence possible, especially if the Nucks get lucky for Dahlin or have to take Dobson, Bouchard or Boqvist in later rounds.

A total strip down could mean selecting in the top 3 to 6 for three more years, the third year only because of the labour issue, otherwise the rebuild should almost be totally finished by the end of 2019/20 season.

Package and retain as much salary as necessary to move up in the draft, there will be plenty of teams not as "rich" as the Aqulini's and have needs to show immediate improvement.

Oh ya, there is also the Seattle draft to consider, so having a lot of future star power that hasn't got two years in yet will be a bonus, so at least one more season of not seeing prospects might not be a bad thing, just to be sure. Let them all play one more in lower leagues.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 2:44 AM, Brock Botanen said:

*** IF WE DON'T WIN DAHLIN WE OFFER OUR 1ST THIS YEAR + NEXT YEAR (UNPROTECTED) TO GET DAHLIN

So if you're a rebuilding team, and win the lottery, and draft the best defenseman prospect in years... you'd trade him for two more tickets to trying to win the lottery?

3 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

So if you're a rebuilding team, and win the lottery, and draft the best defenseman prospect in years... you'd trade him for two more tickets to trying to win the lottery?

Whose to say the team that wins him is rebuilding?

CHI and EDM could win it, heck, maybe even DAL OR STL do.

2018 + 2019 1st, 1 being a for sure top 6-9 and 1 being a potential homerun for next year

Then we have players/prospects we can put together to make it work depending on who wins him (if we dont)

Baertschi

Lind

Tanev

Gudbranson 

Hutton

Other picks

It would be a bold move to try and make, but nothing is impossible. With this draft apparently having a lot of talent in the top 6-10 range makes me feel like it would be possible to make the move. Plus there are a few Dmen and I'm sure 1 of them would be available when we pick.

Why don't we just settle for 1 of them instead of trading assets away for a dman that isn't too much better?

1 word......chemistry.

Pettersson, Dahlen, and Dahlin would for a great Swedish bond and we have Edler, Eriksson, and Markstrom here as well to help our Swedish young stars make the jump. There's a real Swedish vibe here in Vancouver, and we just lost the best Swedish duo in NHL history in the Sedins. Why not do whatever you can to get that next great Swedish duo here in Pettersson and Dahlin, heck make it the greatest Swedish trio if Dahlen is the real deal.

Dahlin is meant for us, if the lottery takes that away I say do whatever it takes to get him.

The only untouchables would be:

Boeser

Horvat

Gaudette

Juolevi

Virtanen

Demko

Pettersson

Dahlen

Tryamkin

Goldobin (potential outweighs value)

Imagine our lines in 3 years...

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Goldobin

Granlund Gaudette Lind

Gadjovich Gaunce McEwen

Dahlin Tryamkin

Juolevi Gudbranson

Hutton Stecher

Demo

The potential that of that lineup is sky high. Make it happen.

Archived