The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report - Calgary Flames relieve coaches of their duties

skategal

6 minutes ago, combover said:

Couldn’t be the guy who put that group togethers fault.

It is absolute bliss listening to fLAMES fans right now :bigblush:       They are literally throwing everyone under the bus but the GM ? the guy has driven the team into oblivion and NO ONE is pointing the finger at him ?   keep on keeping on CGY : D

Couldn't possibly be that the gutless little puke Tkachuk is a problem in the room, could it?  Glad Benning passed on that scumbag.  No one wants to have to stick up for guys who pull the kind of garbage he pulls.

Calgary is exactly what happens when you rush a rebuild and completely ignore character in the draft.

At what point is it a personnel issue? Gully gets the axe and shares part of the blame but the rest of the blame falls on management and the players. They were in the mix and went into a tailspin, that's on the guys playing the games.

16 hours ago, aliboy said:

Do you think Burke might want AV?? Of course the answer is, yes!! Although I think AV would be a perfect fit with the Caps.

Perfect with the caps?

They did not win when they had Shattenkirk, Alzner, or when they had Mike Green? Now they may lose Carlson, Ovi is past his very best & they did not do it with Backstrom at his peak either...

I'm not sure the Caps are on an uphill trajectory is what I am saying! Is that a place for AV?

16 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

As soon as AV was fired I suspected Calgary to move quickly on him.

I still reckon Dallas.  Benn and Seguin at least play hard on their top line.  They have some stud D coming in Heskainen & Honka?  

13 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Do you see him wanting to go to that aging core?

A job's a job but that team needs some turnover. They are the Canucks of three years ago.

Anaheim? My first thought > was any team hurt worse than Anaheim in expansion?? And why did they trade Vatanen!

I suppose Anaheim is a possibility. But they do have some transitional pieces? Rackel, Ritchie, Montour, Manson, some cap space, quite a bit of cap space by memory?

They have to talk Corey Perry into rubbing shoulders, hell bellies, cheeks, anything with Marian Hossa?  His doctor anyway.  Freeing that cap space actually makes them pretty young.

Accccchhh, just remembered; AV could not stop Kesler from using injuries as an excuse. Get him to rub shoulders with Hossa's doctor as well!

20 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Couldn't possibly be that the gutless little puke Tkachuk is a problem in the room, could it?  Glad Benning passed on that scumbag.  No one wants to have to stick up for guys who pull the kind of garbage he pulls.

Calgary is exactly what happens when you rush a rebuild and completely ignore character in the draft.

MT didn't play in the last dozen games or more because of injury...and Monahan was injuried for half a dozen.

They definitely missed Tkachuk...."the straw that stirs the drink" here in cowtown.

Archived